What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Someone here mentioned Boston Market yesterday, and as soon as I read that, it was decided that I just had to go! So, for dinner last night, I had the beef brisket with au jus sauce and stuffing for the side item. Hubby and I also shared a side of mashed potatoes and gravy...yum.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm like you krikit I don't comment alot of times but I do come in and get some really good ideals for supper.

Tonight i'm making hamburgers and rice-a-roni and wax bean, grean beans and carrots out of our garden, and my youngest convinced me to make deep fried pickles so it should be a yummy mix of things.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've always liked Boston Market, too. It's my favourite 'fast food' restaurant - wish we had one south of Atlanta :(

Tonight is leftover quiche for dinner. I made a ham, zucchini and onion quiche for lunch with Catherine so we will have that for dinner along with some broccoli and a tomato and cucumber salad.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I have this sudden odd craving for chili. :unsure:

I think chili is just one of those foods - you think about it and you want it, chili is so good.

I have a really good recipe for chicken chili.. well at least I think it is good :P

tonight I picked up some chicken from El Polo Loco and I am going to make a packet of taco rice and some steamed corn to go with it..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Red Chicken Chili Recipe

* 2 teaspoons olive oil

* 3 cups chopped onions

* 1/4 cup chili powder

* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano

* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

* 3/4 teaspoon salt

* 3 garlic cloves, minced

* 3 cups chicken stock

* 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained

* 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped

* 3 cups diced cooked chicken

* 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp low-fat cheddar cheese

* 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream

1. Add the oil to a large pot; heat oil over medium-high heat.

2. Add in onion; stir/saute 5 minutes.

3. Add chili powder and the next 4 incredients; stir/saute for 30 seconds.

4. Add in the chicken stock, beans, and tomatoes; bring to a boil.

5. Lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 30 minutes.

6. Add in the chicken; stir to mix; simmer for 15 minutes.

7. Ladle chili into individual soup bowls; top with cheese and sour cream.

I am pretty sure this is the recipe :P.. what I usually do though is just throw everything into the crock-pot, even the raw chicken and cook it in there for a few hours. I think I saute the onion and garlic a little bit though before adding it to the crock-pot... also I use a can of diced italian tomatoes, the ones that are flavoured with basil, oregano, garlic etc.. I also add a dash of paprika and red pepper to kick it up a notch.. you could also add some bell pepper and or some corn too if you wanted.. I usually leave out the kidney beans because David doesn't like eating beans if he has to work the next day :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Rotini with four cheese alfredo sauce with fresh bacon mixed in.

And, that Chicken Chili sounds really good, Marilyn, I might have to try it sometime this week :)

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had Five Guys Burgers and Fries since it is new to the area, and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. I much prefer In-N-Out Burger. It's probably a good thing that I do and that we don't have one here though! I might be eating there an awful lot if we did! :)

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

ok got the wood fire grill going .. have a rack of ribs out there already on there smoking and slowly cooking .. i figure about 6 or 7 tonight they should be just a falling off the bone ... also have a pork shoulder roast out there slowly cooking up .. secret recipe surprises for the wife she's gonna love it (i hope) but tonight will have the ribs and maybe do up some corn cobs and taters and whatever else i find tomorrow some good ol pulled pork sandwiches ..... wife thought i was out of my mind starting the grill at 5 this morning but told her to trust me .. she thinks its gonna be way past burned and over cooked .. told her slow cook bbq is always awesome ..

Filed: Timeline
Jill, come visit in NH and you too can eat yummy food from the coop :)

Ohmygosh, Autumn..... the new pic! I love it. :lol:

Tonight i'm making hamburgers and rice-a-roni and wax bean, grean beans and carrots out of our garden, and my youngest convinced me to make deep fried pickles so it should be a yummy mix of things.

Oh wow. Sounds like you have a great garden. I'm jealous.

I have a really good recipe for chicken chili.. well at least I think it is good :P

Was just going to ask you for the recipe, and then I saw you posted it. :lol: I've bookmarked that recipe for future use. Thanks Marilyn.

ok got the wood fire grill going .. have a rack of ribs out there already on there smoking and slowly cooking .. i figure about 6 or 7 tonight they should be just a falling off the bone ... also have a pork shoulder roast out there slowly cooking up .. secret recipe surprises for the wife she's gonna love it (i hope) but tonight will have the ribs and maybe do up some corn cobs and taters and whatever else i find tomorrow some good ol pulled pork sandwiches ..... wife thought i was out of my mind starting the grill at 5 this morning but told her to trust me .. she thinks its gonna be way past burned and over cooked .. told her slow cook bbq is always awesome ..

:o

I think I just fell in love with RYCK. Will you be my next door neighbour? :lol: You'll have to come back and let us know how they turned out. I've only ever smoked my ribs and chicken for 3 to 3.5 hours tops. Don't they start to turn to leather beyond that point?

Tonight we are having chili. Had to satisfy that craving. lol. Last night's pizza turned out AWESOME. I tried a new pizza dough recipe that I was pretty unsure about but... oh my goodness, it was good. I'm going to use the same process for homemade bread. OMG. Yum.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

I'll let ya know the yumminess of it all .... hahaha

and ya if ya just slap it on the heat and let it sit there can go wrong ... will be alot of low heat .. mostly getting smoked .. and lots of liquid to keep the humidity up ... ;) havn't done it in a while but should be ok.. i like to cook :)

Timeline
Tonight we are having chili. Had to satisfy that craving. lol. Last night's pizza turned out AWESOME. I tried a new pizza dough recipe that I was pretty unsure about but... oh my goodness, it was good. I'm going to use the same process for homemade bread. OMG. Yum.

Does this mean a change to krikit's pizza dough recipe!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.