Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so it is almost 5pm and the guys are still here so earlier I decided just to wash some of the hubster's clothes next door and then warmed up a lasagna I had got from the deli and frozen, I ate it with a salad and garlic bread...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The peppers are coming in like crazy in the garden so we had a pepper stirfry tonight with garlic, onions, 3 different types of peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, corn cut off of the left over corn on the cob and tomatoes stirfried in seasoned balsamic vinegar. I made cornbread to go with it and added jalapenos and cheese to the corn bread. It was pretty good!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

when I have a lot of peppers.. I like to chop them up and freeze them so that whenever I want to add peppers to something I just grab some out out of the freezer..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Yeah, I'm doing that too. We have LOTS of peppers, hehehe!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline
Yeah, I'm doing that too. We have LOTS of peppers, hehehe!

I would love to take some peppers off your hands.. I like to use them a lot but they are just so gosh darn expensive.. even here in Cali.. :unsure:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

ok, so we just got back from Red Lobster - yum! we had jumbo breaded coconut shrimp for the appetizer, then caesar salads with cheese biscuits, and I had wood grilled rainbow trout, with grilled asparagus and broccoli and Joe had the maui maui. I LOVE rainbow trout and haven't had it in years. This was cooked to perfection! What a special treat. We both enjoyed our meals very much and the service was excellent. We decided to come home for coffee so I have spiced cardamon/clove coffee brewing.

Sounds yummy! I really want to eat at Red Lobster now :) The last time I ate at Red Lobster was over a year ago when I was visiting family in CT. It was in the parking lot, after we ate, that I was feeding Declan and his feet and legs turned blue, which led to the trip to the hospital where we found his diaphragmatic hernia and he had surgery. Hubby and I are actually very thankful for stopping to eat at that Red Lobster, because we were so close to an amazing children's hospital ... otherwise, we would have been further north on the way home to the middle of nowhere! But I think we are also a bit superstitiously afraid of that Red Lobster, because we always make excuse not to eat there :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Homemade vegetarian wonton soup tonight... making my own wontons again, yes I regretted doing this last time but they were really yummy so I decided to do it again.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Homemade vegetarian wonton soup tonight... making my own wontons again, yes I regretted doing this last time but they were really yummy so I decided to do it again.

Oh that sounds deelish! I'm making vegetable fried rice with teryaki tofu

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I know it's been a cavalcade of food from restaurants and take out - but I think I really need some chinese food. I also need a falafel donair.

Had a falafel donair for lunch - very good, but not quite enough sauce. I think for dinner we will have potatoes, we don't have any meat yet and at least potatoes are 'normal' :lol:

Timeline

Another variation of eggplant, yellow squash, ground turkey, peppers, onions and cheese casserole. I think Joe is getting tired of eggplant - he's leaving it on the plate now, hehehe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.