Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love shopping at Big Lots - you get such an interesting mixture of different food stuffs!

Ok, tonight I am going to do a repeat of that mexican sausage stir fry - hot mexican sausage, garlic, peppers, onions, okra, yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes all simmering together - it was SO GOOD!

We are probably nearing the end of the zucchini - we have had so much rain lately that the zucchini plants are beginning to rot and die :( . I think we will get 3 more tomorrow and probably that will be it. I've frozen lots of what we have had so we will still be able to enjoy it in stirfries and such. The yellow squash is still going strong though - hopefully it doesn't drown too. The peppers are really happy though!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Did you throw out the box and tell your husband: "I slaved over the stove ALL DAY!"?

:P

nah, I showed him the box :lol:

I love shopping at Big Lots - you get such an interesting mixture of different food stuffs!

Ok, tonight I am going to do a repeat of that mexican sausage stir fry - hot mexican sausage, garlic, peppers, onions, okra, yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes all simmering together - it was SO GOOD!

We are probably nearing the end of the zucchini - we have had so much rain lately that the zucchini plants are beginning to rot and die :( . I think we will get 3 more tomorrow and probably that will be it. I've frozen lots of what we have had so we will still be able to enjoy it in stirfries and such. The yellow squash is still going strong though - hopefully it doesn't drown too. The peppers are really happy though!

me and Big Lots have a love/hate relationship..lol I go in there to buy a few things and I always end up spending way more then I planned :lol: I always see something that I "need" ..lol yesterday I found the cutest kids book.. it was a pop up book about colours and then silly me looked at the shelf again and I noticed it was a whole series of books, one was fruit (it was scratch and sniff too), one about trucks and one about animals (it was a pop & touch) .. so I had to buy all of them, they were only 3 bucks each..... they are for my nephew..

9781581176766.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had the steak teriyaki bowl from Jack in the Box, which is next to the hotel we are staying at just outside of St. Louis. It was actually pretty darn good and came with a spring roll.

My Husband wanted to try White Castle burgers - so we drove to one about 10 minutes from here - he quite likes them!

Timeline

Yum - I love stew!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

We had pizza... twice today. Once in harrisburg and then when we got back we stopped off at Forno in Cherry Hill to get another one AH! I hate pizza too so it's kind of funny but Mike likes it so I try to enjoy it too.

Donne moi une poptart!

I had a big salad with lettuce, tomato, broccoli, cheese, cucumber and onion in it.

It was good.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I had a salad for dinner too, nice and light since I'll be pigging out the next few days :P

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Salad again.

This time with Cheese, broccoli, croutons, green onion, cucumber, tomato and I fried up 2 small pork chops and cut it up into my salad.

Yum yum.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

so we have been getting our Chinese food from the same place for awhile now and it has always been super yummy but the last two times, one of those times being today the food has not been that great.. last time I figured it was just a fluke but today it wasn't that great either.. the chow mein tasted weird and the orange chicken was far too sweet...

so disappointing... :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Was it from a traditional Chinese run restaurant? Or is it one of those American-Chinese restaurants?

Timeline

no, not a traditional place.. one of those fast food type places...

we have been going there for about a year or so, at least once a month and it has always been good.. but these last 2 times not so much

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.