Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Greetings from Macon Georgia!

So I was starving when we arrived here around 1:30 today, so we went over to Waffle House, which is just across the road, I felt like having breakfast (we got take out as we don't like leaving the cat alone long).

Anyway, I had their breakfast plate, a waffle, sausage, eggs, toast and hash browns - the scrambled eggs were some of the best I have ever had! The Waffle House staff are interesting, they all look like they have been there a while and Michele, who took our order, didn't really look too happy to be there. I forgot to order drinks and when she gave me the bill I said can we order drinks, then I apologized for not ordering them initially - she said that's ok and gave us our drinks no charge.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a salad and a sandwich.

Decently healthy compared to what I've been eating recently.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Greetings from Macon Georgia!

So I was starving when we arrived here around 1:30 today, so we went over to Waffle House, which is just across the road, I felt like having breakfast (we got take out as we don't like leaving the cat alone long).

Anyway, I had their breakfast plate, a waffle, sausage, eggs, toast and hash browns - the scrambled eggs were some of the best I have ever had! The Waffle House staff are interesting, they all look like they have been there a while and Michele, who took our order, didn't really look too happy to be there. I forgot to order drinks and when she gave me the bill I said can we order drinks, then I apologized for not ordering them initially - she said that's ok and gave us our drinks no charge.

Hi Trailmix! Hope your journey back to Canada is going well!!

MMMMmmmm Waffle House! Sooo good!! If thats one thing that my fiance misses about living in GA is the Waffle House's. He was ecstatic that one was opening up soon in Kansas City, MO, about as far north as they go...lol..I guess we will be making a few weekend trips to MO. He just started writing them to convince them to get one in Omaha, NE. I think it would go over well, especially with the military in the metro area who are from all over the country.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Macon- cool! You're just about an hour's drive from me :)! yeah, you will find Waffle Houses at every exit of the interstate, just about - sometimes even 2 (one for each side of the road, hehehe). Some of them are better than others, though . . . sounds like you got a good one.

Well, the eggplant casserole yesterday was really good so here is the recipe:

3 Japanese eggplants

1 onion, chopped

1 tbsp diced garlic

2 large peppers (or a handful of small ones which is what I used :)) chopped

1 medium zucchini, sliced

5 smallish yellow squash, sliced

half a cup of parmesan flavoured dried breadcrumbs, crushed

balsamic vinegar

1 can spaghetti sauce (I used 3 cheese flavoured)

2 tbsp Italian seasonings

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Slice the eggplant and place singly on a plate. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar until all eggplant is covered. Microwave for 5 minutes.

Put the crushed breadcrumbs in a plastic bag and add the microwaved eggplant. Shake to coat the eggplant pieces. Layer the coated egg plant in the bottom of a 9" x 10" baking dish. Sprinkle with half the breadcrumb mixture.

Sprinkle chopped garlic over top of eggplant, then add the chopped onions and peppers. Layer the sliced yellow squash and zucchini on top.

Sprinkle the Italian Seasonings overtop.

Pour the spaghetti sauce over the whole and spread around. Sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumbs over the sauce and then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake for one hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Tonight we are having another stirfry. I have hot mexican sausage, garlic, peppers, onions, okra, yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes all simmering together waiting for Joe to get home.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I made a scrumptious pizza last night for supper. I'm thinking chicken tonight. If I remember correctly, there was a chicken zucchini recipe over in the zucchini thread.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was going to pick up some El Polo Loco chicken and then get some pasta salad from the market.. but they wanted 10 or 11 bucks for 8 pieces of chicken.. it is good chicken but not that good... they had 8 pieces for like 7 or 8 bucks a few weeks ago.. guess it was only a limited time thing..

so for dinner I am making up this package meal I found at Big Lots.. you just have to add chicken...Romano's Macaroni Grill - Garlic & Herb Chicken Penne

Garlic.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I was going to pick up some El Polo Loco chicken and then get some pasta salad from the market.. but they wanted 10 or 11 bucks for 8 pieces of chicken.. it is good chicken but not that good... they had 8 pieces for like 7 or 8 bucks a few weeks ago.. guess it was only a limited time thing..

so for dinner I am making up this package meal I found at Big Lots.. you just have to add chicken...Romano's Macaroni Grill - Garlic & Herb Chicken Penne

Garlic.jpg

Let us know how that is Marilyn!

Yesterday Gene had lunch out after his haircut, so he wasn't hungry. I just had some fennel salad and penne that was leftover. I'll make up the chicken zucchini dish tonight, but I think I'm going ot make a lemon sauce for it. We'll have rice with it.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Well my hubby called this morning and said he's craving Chinese food... we haven't eaten out in awhile so we may go out or order in!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Garlic.jpg

Let us know how that is Marilyn!

Yesterday Gene had lunch out after his haircut, so he wasn't hungry. I just had some fennel salad and penne that was leftover. I'll make up the chicken zucchini dish tonight, but I think I'm going ot make a lemon sauce for it. We'll have rice with it.

it was pretty good.. it comes with the pasta, a packet of spices, a bag of tomatoes with mushrooms and a packet of Parmesan cheese... hubby liked it too

I got it for $2.50 at Big Lots

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I have no clue what we're having for dinner - the 'dinner-making' slump continues :( I'm trying to restrict certain items from my diet for health reasons and it's just makes things a PITA

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Tacos!

Best food ever.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.