Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Tonight it's whole wheat spaghetti with veggie meatballs and cheese garlic biscuits

Can I come.. yummy! :star:

WHAT? My fried rice isn't good enough for you?

Meh. Elitist.

:unsure: oopsie.. I'll take a tupperwear take out of the fried rice?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have food in the house but not a lot of extras like canned tomatoes etc... so I have been debating what to make.. I don't really feel like going out in the 100 degree heat in a car with no AC to go pick up some groceries :P

so I think I decided on ground beef stroganoff but I don't have sour cream but I think it should be fine without it....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I couldn't resist a Costco sample and brought home spinach and artichoke chicken burgers with four cheeses. I've got whole wheat buns. tomato slices and a tossed salad to go with them.

The lady giving out the samples warned me that the burgers have cheese...twice. Maybe I look vegan.

~ Catherine

Timeline
I couldn't resist a Costco sample and brought home spinach and artichoke chicken burgers with four cheeses. I've got whole wheat buns. tomato slices and a tossed salad to go with them.

The lady giving out the samples warned me that the burgers have cheese...twice. Maybe I look vegan.

~ Catherine

That sounds good! They probably warn people in case of food allergies; as you wouldn't normally find cheese in a burger

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I had sprussel brouts and a veggie patty.

I normally hate sprussel brouts but my mom taught me how to cook them amazingly and now I love em.

And they're super good for you too! :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We had Baked Ziti with a side of French Bread dipped in Parmesan and Olive Oil. Tried to imitate a dish from our favourite Italian restaurant and it turned out pretty good.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Those burgers sound good, Catherine. I love going to Costco around lunch time- I literally get lunch from snacking on all of the free taste samples :D .

Stir fried garlic, onions, eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and corn done in a black pepper and balsamic vinegar sauce. Just waiting for Joe to get home from work so we can eat.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had sprussel brouts and a veggie patty.

I normally hate sprussel brouts but my mom taught me how to cook them amazingly and now I love em.

And they're super good for you too! :D

I really like brussel sprouts - as long as they are really fresh!

We had corned beef brisket and perogies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Spaghetti and meat sauce, was supposed to make zucchuni lasagna but while I was out my fiance and kids decided to make arts and crafts out of my dry lasagna.... :lol: oh well they look really good (painted in all different colours). Will attempt the lasagna next week!

MONI_CALLA

Nev, what's the recipe for the brussel sprouts? Personally, I don't like them (but am willing to give them another shot), but every time we visit hubby's family, they always have a dish of them. So, I guess I should be a good wifey one of these days and make him some. I have actually never cooked them in my life though, so HELP!!! :)

Tonight, we had pork tenderloin, broccoli and cheese, green beans, and pasta.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Nev, what's the recipe for the brussel sprouts? Personally, I don't like them (but am willing to give them another shot), but every time we visit hubby's family, they always have a dish of them. So, I guess I should be a good wifey one of these days and make him some. I have actually never cooked them in my life though, so HELP!!! :)

I just put them in a tin foil wrap, drizzle them with some olive oil, add a little bit of pepper, kosher salt and then some minced garlic... fold up the tin foil and put it in the oven for like 30 minutes or until they're tender and then WA BAM! Best sprouts evah!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Spaghetti and meat sauce, was supposed to make zucchuni lasagna but while I was out my fiance and kids decided to make arts and crafts out of my dry lasagna.... :lol: oh well they look really good (painted in all different colours). Will attempt the lasagna next week!

If you try the recipe I posted for zucchini lasagna you will see it doesn't use pasta - you thinly slice the zucchini and use it where you would normally have pasta. Believe me, you never miss the pasta at all!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I just put them in a tin foil wrap, drizzle them with some olive oil, add a little bit of pepper, kosher salt and then some minced garlic... fold up the tin foil and put it in the oven for like 30 minutes or until they're tender and then WA BAM! Best sprouts evah!

I wonder if that would make me like brussels.... haven't had them since I was a little one

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.