Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

not a big fan of icing.. I find them too icky and sweet

there is this one icing I make that I really like.. it is instant jello pudding, dream whip, milk and vanilla....

but like autumnchik, I do prefer a nice hunk of apple pie over a piece of cake.. mmm

tonight's dinner is what my old roommate and I would call fancy mac & cheese :P ..lol..

make the mac and cheese like normal and then add cut up hot dogs, I liek to add some corn sometimes too.. throw it in baking dish and add some grated cheese on top and then throw it in the oven until the cheese is melted.. yum!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok - stuffed zucchini again tonight. Stuffing is made from onions, garlic, peppers, ham and Mexican cornbread stuffing mix stirred together with an egg and topped with cheese, then baked. It's good!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Went to the Thai restaurant .... I had steamed dumplings and then scallops with hot basil sauce. Hubby had this chicken appetizer thingy and tamarind fish and Declan had beef satay and steamed veggies.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Gene used to eat Smart Balance Omega 3 "Spread". Spread is a bunch of ####### that is not margarine, nor butter. It's some kind of chemical make-up, and can't be called butter or margarine, that's why it's called "spread". It's absolutely gross, and my nutritionist explained it's worse than anything. She suggested the best thing to eat was "lite" butter, or canola butter. I threw that Smart Balance ####### out.

Tonight I'm going to make falafel in pitas with tzatziki sauce. Going to serve stuffed tomatoes from the garden with it.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Gene used to eat Smart Balance Omega 3 "Spread". Spread is a bunch of ####### that is not margarine, nor butter. It's some kind of chemical make-up, and can't be called butter or margarine, that's why it's called "spread". It's absolutely gross, and my nutritionist explained it's worse than anything. She suggested the best thing to eat was "lite" butter, or canola butter. I threw that Smart Balance ####### out.

Tonight I'm going to make falafel in pitas with tzatziki sauce. Going to serve stuffed tomatoes from the garden with it.

I love falafel 'donairs' - which they make in this shop we go to in Calgary yay!

I'm thinking pork chops for dinner tonight.

Filed: Timeline

OMG, Carla, I just had a great big belly LOL at that bolded bit. :lol: And then my face went :o . I had no idea. I'm a butter person, myself, so I'm not familiar with the mysteries of synthetic foods.

iagree.gif

Timeline

so last night I made this

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1717,154173-254194,00.html

It was really yummy and I'd recommend it if you need a new way to prepare your fish.

I have a problem with frozen fish smelling and tasting "fishy".. I've tried rinsing them, but it is still fishy.. any ideas?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
I hear that defrosting them in milk is supposed to address that problem, Em. I've never tried it, though, because I like fish.

interesting.. I love fish.. but there is a fishy taste that I don't like.. I think it's the brine/water they flash freeze them in.. it magnifies the fishy.. :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

so last night I made this

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1717,154173-254194,00.html

It was really yummy and I'd recommend it if you need a new way to prepare your fish.

I have a problem with frozen fish smelling and tasting "fishy".. I've tried rinsing them, but it is still fishy.. any ideas?

I've had this before Em, and I really enjoyed it too!

I hear that defrosting them in milk is supposed to address that problem, Em. I've never tried it, though, because I like fish.

Yes, I've tried the milk as well. The only problem I find is that it makes the fish too "watery", or should I say..."milky"? :lol:

Maybe it's the fish you're buying Em?

Oh wait, I was going to type in about MY dinner tonight, before I saw the fish conversation. I was going to have falafel's and such for supper, but Gene just called, and we're going out for supper and a ball game tonight instead! I love these last minute date nights. :blush:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I had falafel pita with hummus for lunch, I absolutely love falafel.

For dinner I'm thinking perogies and a salad perhaps

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG, Carla, I just had a great big belly LOL at that bolded bit. :lol: And then my face went :o . I had no idea. I'm a butter person, myself, so I'm not familiar with the mysteries of synthetic foods.

Definitely butter here...have y'all ever left a bowl of "spread" out on the counter for a few hours? It doesn't melt...it's...indescribable. Might make for a good lube if ya need it for the car...the door hinge...whatever. :)

Not sure what's for dinner here. Maybe spaghetti...maybe pork chops...

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Maybe it's the fish you're buying Em?

That's it Carla.. I've tried trader Joe's fish, I've tried stuff at other stores. I've tried staying away from chinese fish (good luck with that one), and can't find a local fresh fish market.. :( *sigh...

I never buy talapia, usually try purchasing haddock etc. I never have this problem with salmon just the white fish :)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.