Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I forgot to mention..... I made a carrot cake last night! I'd been having a craving. I'm eating a piece right now. :blush:

I love carrot cake, in fact I love all cake :)

Hahah Krikit, I felt that way about cheesecake. it actually took me YEARS to try it. What a fool I was!!!!

Mmmmmmm cheesecake.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So tonight I'm going to try Autumchik's version of zucchini scrambled eggs served with hashbrowns and freshly sliced tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden.

Here's the recipe for the zucchini lasagna I made last night- it was quite easy and surprisingly good. Joe said it was the best lasagna he has ever had- you don't even notice that it has no pasta,

Zucchini Lasagna

1 lb ground beef or turkey (I used turkey)

1 tbsp diced garlic

1 medium sized onion, diced

1 15 oz can tomato sauce

1 tbsp Italian seasoning

1 tbsp Mrs. Dash's seasoning (Table blend)

1 tsp basil

4 medium or one humungous zucchini (I used the humungous one, hehehe)

2 small Japanese eggplants, sliced

2 cups cottage cheese

1 egg

4 tbsp flour

1 cup grated mozzarella cheese

In large skillet, cook garlic, onion and meat together until meat is no longer pink. Add Italian seasoning, Mrs. Dash's seasoning and extra basil. Add tomato sauce. Stir all together, then bring to boil and simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes.

Slice the zucchini length wise into 1/4" slices. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese and egg and mix together.

In a greased 7 1/2" x 9 1/2" pan layer half the zucchini to line the bottom of the pan. Cut to size if necessary. Cover the zucchini with sliced eggplant to make another layer. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour over the zucchini/eggplant layer. Pour in the cottage cheese/egg mixture and even out. Cover cottage cheese with half the meat mixture and spread to make another layer. Layer the remaining zucchini over top of the meat layer. Sprinkle the remaining flour over top of the zucchini layer. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese to it covers the zucchini/flour layer. Create the top layer by adding the rest of the meat mixture and spread it evenly overtop.

Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes or until heated through. (I left mine waiting in the oven with the heat off for an additional 15 minutes waiting for Joe to get home). Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Yields 4 to 6 generous servings. There is a bit of water in the bottom of the pan when you lift to lasagna out - that is the extra fluid from the zucchini and doesn't seem to affect anything - just drain it off.

That looks very good Kathryn! Did you post it in the Zuchinni recipe thread?

Its a combination of tea, milk (usually condensed milk) and you can get it in a variety of flavours. It has "pearls" in it which are made from tapioca and its just fun to drink. You suck up the drink through a thick straw and get the tapioca too...

I took a picture of mine tonight see:

It was honeydew flavoured and sooo good.

*gag*, those little tapioca thingys make we want to hurl. I've had bubble tea before, and you end up sucking up those "eggs", and the feeling in your mouth, is ..........gross! :lol:

I am going to wake up in the middle of the night, I am sure, but I am not at all regretting my junk food binge at the fair!

Hubby and I shared a blooming onion, which was so-so. He wanted fried pickles because he hasn't had them since we lived in GA. I tried one, but it was NOT GOOD AT ALL. We should probably just not even attempt to consume fried pickles north of the Mason-Dixon line.

And I had my fried dough with sauce!!! It was sooo good. Declan liked it so much that he ate most of my first one, so I had to get another :)

Yeah! You had your friend dough with sauce!! I'm so HAPPY for you! :lol::thumbs:

I made this... instead of ground beef I used chicken breast and I didn't have any zucchini so I used bell pepper instead. oh and I don't usually use the package of taco seasoning.. I just add a bunch of spices like chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper etc... will eat it with some corn tortillas..

Fiesta Fry Pan Dinner

Ingredients:

1 pound ground turkey or beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning

1 1/2 cups water

1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini

1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained (I usually use a jar of salsa or a can of diced tomatoes)

1 cup frozen corn

1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice *

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.

*I just used about 1/2 cup or so regular rice and just added about a 1/4 more water and let it cook about 20 minutes..

Sounds delicious Marilyn. I note the zuchinni as well....better copy and paste that in the zucchini thread as well!

We had a grilled veggie supper last night...mushrooms, zucchini, onions, asparagus, red and yellow peppers over brown and wild rice.

Tonight, I don't know what we'll have.

We also had some very scrumptuous BLT's this weekend with tomatoes from our garden.

it is there already.. along with the zucchini lasagna recipe..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I learned how to make an edible taco bowl so I'm making taco salad again for dinner tonight in an edible bowl I'm obsessed :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline
Hahah Krikit, I felt that way about cheesecake. it actually took me YEARS to try it. What a fool I was!!!!

Mmmmmmm cheesecake.

OMG cheesecake!!!!

Okay, there are two types of cake I love.

:blush:

Change of plans on the homefront. I have decided to make Ma Po Tofu and rice instead of Chinese Soup. The sun is shining now. Except I thought I had some brown rice, but I don't. So Uncle Ben's filling in.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good old Uncle Ben

And good old kraft.

I'm making macaroni and cheese for dinner :lol:

It was weird, I was looking at the recipe and it calls for 4 tablespoons of 'spread' - and i'm thinking, 4 tablespoons of butter?? From what I could find the Canadian version only asks for 3 tbsp of butter and - it has more in it - u.s. version is 209 g

Perhaps someone with some Canadian kraft dinner can confirm this!

Anyway, this is pretty tasty.

I LOVE that I am not the only one who doesn't really like cake!!! At my last job, someone always brought in a cake to celebrate birthdays and they were kind enough to bring me pie. I didn't even have a wedding cake, just a tower of cannolis .... but hubby had a carrot cake for his groom cake.

I do like some cake: carrot, cheesecake, and tres leches. Other than that .... I would much rather have pie or some other kind of dessert.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Just chopped some cherry tomatoes and peppers up with some garlic and put wrapped it in tin foil and put it in the oven. I guess I'll make some bowtie pasta to go with that.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Good old Uncle Ben

And good old kraft.

It was weird, I was looking at the recipe and it calls for 4 tablespoons of 'spread' - and i'm thinking, 4 tablespoons of butter?? From what I could find the Canadian version only asks for 3 tbsp of butter and - it has more in it - u.s. version is 209 g

Checking my last box: calls for 3 tbsp. butter or marg. There is also a "sensible solution" option which only calls for 1 tbsp. I always use 1 tbsp. 3-4 is WAY too much butter

Why do they call butter spread here anyway

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good old Uncle Ben

And good old kraft.

Checking my last box: calls for 3 tbsp. butter or marg. There is also a "sensible solution" option which only calls for 1 tbsp. I always use 1 tbsp. 3-4 is WAY too much butter

Why do they call butter spread here anyway

I don't know, maybe most people use margarine? Thanks for checking that!

I used 2 and a half for ours.

Timeline

When I first made box stuffing here I had to google spread when it said to add 5 tbsp. of spread

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
I like almond icing from wedding cakes! But I hate the cake. :dead:

We should get together - I love the fruitcake wedding cake - but I don't like the almond icing!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.