Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the recipes - I'll give them a try! Zucchini baked in anything is actually really good so I expect that chocolate cake will be scrumptious.

Yes, I love zucchini in things like spaghetti sauce and stews as well. One of my favourites - will probably do tomorrow when I have more eggplant and summer squash to add - is a ratatouille. Yum!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you ever made chocolate zucchini cake?

there are some recipes for it here..

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_ty...ch&Searcht=

I have had it and it is so nice and moist... yum!

Zucchini chocolate cake or muffins are great. They are very very good with chocolate chips in them as well. The cake doesn't need icing. It's very moist. I made regular zucchini loaves as well. It's always good to use big zuchinni. You never know what to do with them anyway. Use the skins on, and shred them in your food processor. Bag them in freezer bags, 2 cups per bag, for delicious zuchinni loaves and muffins throughout the year.

Last night we had a rotisserire chicken from Costco. I made mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. It was delcious.

Tonight we're having ham and bean soup.

Thanks as well for the chicken and mac and cheese recipe Sapphire!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
The Publix near me has added a little tiny British section in it's ethnic foods aisle. I find it hard to think of Digestives, HP sauce, Crunchie's, Toffee crisp, etc as ethnic. They were out of Flake bars today. I wanted to get one for Phil to try.

My Publix doesn't have a British section but the Whole Foods in Orlando does. It's, like, 2 three-foot shelves. :lol: But their prices are outrageous!!! :o I go to the World Market for my dark chocolate digestives fix. But even they've doubled their prices in the last couple of months. :crying: Luckily, I am my own supplier. :ph34r:

Oh! Speaking of Publix!..... when my friends were here for their daughter's soccer tournament, we stayed in the same hotel and hung out with all the parents. (I know some of them, already, from Canada.) One of the mothers kept calling Publix Pubics. :lol:

Thanks for the recipes - I'll give them a try! Zucchini baked in anything is actually really good so I expect that chocolate cake will be scrumptious.

Have you tried slicing the zucchini in long strips and using them instead of lasagna noodles for a veggie lasagna? My friend used to make that for her husband, who had celiac's.

Well, last night my husband brought home a pizza for his dinner. I had a bite. I couldn't eat it, though. :( I had some personal size shepherd's pies in the freezer (I make things in batches and then freeze them so I can just take them out and use them when I don't feel like cooking) so we'll have that with peas and steamed carrots this evening. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow so I guess I need to think about that too.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our thai food was great, as it always is from the place here, didn't order the pad thai as when I looked at the list I decided it was too much food!

I just opened the freezer and closed it again - again not helpful haha.

Timeline

Well tonight we're having homeade pizza... I went to this grocery store that begins with a "W" that sells my favourite veggie product on earth, called YVES VEGGIE. It's made in Canada and they export it to a few select stores here. So I bought Yves delicious veggie pepperoni (that is so good I trick my hubby and he thinks it's real pepperoni) and I'm also putting red peppers and pineapple on it

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Ditto with Carla's recommendation to shred the zucchini and then freeze. I have also made bread and butter pickles with zucchini (it was one vegetable that grew well in Alberta), and I also have a marmalde recipe (not unpacked yet) for zucchini with almonds. I have a lemon zucchini and chicken recipe also. Message me if you want the marmalade or chicken recipe.

Janet

Met online playing pinochle in late Feb or March 2001

Married in San Luis Obispo - July 18, 2008

Sent application CR-1/IR-1 on August 26, 2008 to Chicago lock box

September 4, 2008 - Touch #1

Approval email sent January 5, 2009 after 4 months and 2 days

NVC Journey Begins....

NVC Case officially in AVR - January 13, 2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated - January 16, 2009

AOS Bill snail mailed - January 24, 2009

Emailed DS-3032 - January 26, 2009

DS-3032 emailed read in NH January 30, 2009

DS-3032 accepted at NVC 0n February 2, 2009 via email

AOS Bill Shows as PAID - February 3, 2009

I-864 Package Generated - March 21, 2009

Mailed I-864 Package - March21, 2009

IV Bill Generated - February 3, 2009

Paid IV Bill - March 6, 2009 - snail mail

IV Bill Show as PAID - March 21, 2009

Mailed IV Package - March 21, 2009

REF - April 1, 2009 - Transfered to a supervisor

Case Completed at NVC - April 7, 2009

Medical completed May 27/09 in Vancouver

Interview Date - June 22 - SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

POE -Vancouver @ YVR- June 28

Permanent resident card received July 20,2009

Social Security Card arrived August 2, 2009

April 2011 started ROC - May 27 biometrics - July 30 received 10 year green card!

Left overs tonight meatloaf wotyh suated Walla Walla Sweet onions, mushrooms, and garlic brown gravy, mashed potatos, corn, and peas. No dessert, I made peach cobbler last week, but I really need help with my pie crust here in the states. The lard isn't like Tender leaf, it mixes weirdly with the all-purpose flour. I have only ever made lard and flour pie crust and I am lost as to what do do to make a decent pie crust now. HELP!

Janet

Met online playing pinochle in late Feb or March 2001

Married in San Luis Obispo - July 18, 2008

Sent application CR-1/IR-1 on August 26, 2008 to Chicago lock box

September 4, 2008 - Touch #1

Approval email sent January 5, 2009 after 4 months and 2 days

NVC Journey Begins....

NVC Case officially in AVR - January 13, 2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated - January 16, 2009

AOS Bill snail mailed - January 24, 2009

Emailed DS-3032 - January 26, 2009

DS-3032 emailed read in NH January 30, 2009

DS-3032 accepted at NVC 0n February 2, 2009 via email

AOS Bill Shows as PAID - February 3, 2009

I-864 Package Generated - March 21, 2009

Mailed I-864 Package - March21, 2009

IV Bill Generated - February 3, 2009

Paid IV Bill - March 6, 2009 - snail mail

IV Bill Show as PAID - March 21, 2009

Mailed IV Package - March 21, 2009

REF - April 1, 2009 - Transfered to a supervisor

Case Completed at NVC - April 7, 2009

Medical completed May 27/09 in Vancouver

Interview Date - June 22 - SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

POE -Vancouver @ YVR- June 28

Permanent resident card received July 20,2009

Social Security Card arrived August 2, 2009

April 2011 started ROC - May 27 biometrics - July 30 received 10 year green card!

Timeline

Thanks Krikit, Carla and Janet for all of the suggestions - yes, Janet I would love that marmelade recipe. I've made pickled zucchini before too - not bad but then I am not a big pickle fan.

Tonight we are having zucchini and yellow squash pizza! Hehehe - like Jill we are starting with a ready made base and then adding all of our own ingredients to it

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

-------

timbits! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

no no Charles - that's for dessert - after you have cleaned your plate :D

Last night, we had veggie burgers, salad and stuffed mushrooms (stuffed with a mixture of sauteed onion, celery, mushroom, cream cheese and worcestshire sauce(. The veggie burgers were so good, that is what I want to have again for tonight!

@ Kathryn - One of my favorite things to do with zucchini is thinly slice it and sauteed it with chopped onion until fairly soft, then add eggs and cheese and scramble. My mom used to use parmesan cheese for some reason and always called this a "zucchini omelet", even though it really is just scrambled eggs!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Hmm - will have to try those scrambled eggs with zucchini and onions, that sounds good. We had zucchini omelettes last week, and stirfried zucchini,onions, peppers, etc. several times this past week as well. I actually don't mind all of the zucchini - it is just trying to come up with different ways to prepare it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.