Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. Been a long time since I've been in this thread. :blink:

I imagine you've long since had that chicken pasta with asparagus but I thought I'd reply to your question. :lol:

What I do is one of two things..... after you've browned the chicken and removed it from the pan, saute some sliced onions until opaque, then add some white wine, a squeeze of lemon, and maybe a bit of chicken broth or salt and pepper (to taste), and then a bit of cream. You could also add capers. For a creamer sauce without the cream I add garlic and herb cream cheese and then add broth until I get the right consistency. Or you could use plain cream cheese, or even salmon. I only use Canadian cream cheese if I'm using the herbed or salmon kind because the American ones I've found don't taste the same.

You're probably not even going to read this. lol

I saw this thread get bumped up and I thought... *hey...nobody ever replied about a white wine cream sauce*.... laughing.gif

Thank you!! That's what I kinda did when I tried to make it the first time, but I added a tablespoon of flour, and some heavy cream, but I didn't like the floury flavor. I never thought of using cream cheese....I've never had Canadian cream cheese, so I won't know what I'm missing! blush.gif

I may just have to give that a try this weekend.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I saw this thread get bumped up and I thought... *hey...nobody ever replied about a white wine cream sauce*.... laughing.gif

Thank you!! That's what I kinda did when I tried to make it the first time, but I added a tablespoon of flour, and some heavy cream, but I didn't like the floury flavor. I never thought of using cream cheese....I've never had Canadian cream cheese, so I won't know what I'm missing! blush.gif

I may just have to give that a try this weekend.

:lol::lol:

I know what you mean about the floury flavour. I found that the cream cheese eliminated that. If you don't do the cream cheese version then add some grated parmesan. In fact, you can add that to either version. The Philadelphia cream cheese here is the same as in Canada so you're good to go with that. It's just the flavoured cream cheese which is different. Has a weird taste so I don't use it. Though it may be fine in this "recipe". Let me know! lol

iagree.gif

Here is another trick for a creamy sauce.. Soak 1 tbs of cashew or blanched almonds in warm water and grind it into a paste in your magic bullet or smoothie maker. Add it to your sauce to make it creamy. It is a great dairy free (vegan) alternative.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I use the flavoured cream cheese in my tortilla wrap ups at Chrismtas and I don't find that it has a funny flavour.. only thing is it is darn hard to find the savoury cream cheese.. only a few stores seem to sell it.. most places sell the strawberry flavoured ones though..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

That would make it taste peanut buttery to me, I think.

It does give it a slightly nutty flavor (especially if you roast the nuts before grinding them), but it doesnt taste anything like peanut butter.

I learned this trick while making chicken pepian.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well now that we are all Turkeyd out I am making Cabbage rolls for supper.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 5 months later...
Timeline

bumping since it is 3:30 and I still have no idea what to make :help:

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been following a primal diet (in a nutshell, no sugar, no grains, but it's a bit more involved than that) ... so last night, I made zucchini "pasta" for dinner. All I did was shred zucchini in my mandolin, then sauteed it in some olive oil and garlic... when it was soft, I added some tomato sauce... and then served with parmesan cheese on top. (You can also add meatballs if you like... but I didn't have time to thaw meat and make them!)

I post recipes on my blog every once in a while, but I still haven't posted the exact directions for this one yet. It sure is yummy though!

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Timeline

I don't think I have ever hear of Primal diet, I would not be able to do that one I have a kool aid addiction :blush:

and well I'm not a big fan of veggies either. I do eat some just not many.

I ended up making pork chops on the BBQ and pasta roni with corn.

Tonight we are having chicken one of the kids wants shake and bake so that might be what I do to it. The sides I still don't know yet.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.