What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my planned menu kind of went all to pieces this weekend... need to get back on track this week...

on the menu for today is Chicken Vegetable Casserole...

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=736959

oh and that burrito/taco filling recipe I posted wasn't all that great...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made home made mac and cheese and i sautéed some onions, mushrooms and zucchini and mixed that in with the sauce and macaroni before baking it. Oh yeah, I put in a tonne of garlic. It was really, really good.

My husband asked if we could go vegetarian for a couple of weeks. To see what the cost difference and health difference would be. Fine by me, since i was vegetarian for 10 years before i met him. Also, the marine corps ball is in November and maybe it'll help me to fit in the dress I hope to wear.

Edited by usmcwife

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

last night I made a Chicken Vegetable Casserole... instead of using broccoli I used some carrots and celery and onion which I sauteed a bit before adding to the pasta... I also didn't have enough milk so I added some light cream cheese and light sour cream to make up the difference... the casserole was pretty yummy and hubby liked it too..

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=736959

today I am making Crockpot Southwestern Beef Short Ribs....

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=313467

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

i am making honey mustard roasted chicken for dinner today.. i used this recipe..

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=94

I just changed it up a bit.. about an hour or so ago I threw the chicken in the honey mustard mixture and put it in the fridge... then I cut up some squash, carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper and tossed it with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and paprika and baked it in the oven for about 15 minutes.. then i added the chicken on top and drizzled the extra sauce over top and baked it for another 30 minutes or so... not sure if it will need longer to cook as it is cooking right now... I drizzled a little extra sauce and i am baking it for about another 10 minutes or so

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm on my own right now while we are waiting for my interview and such, so I don't cook that elaborately for myself.... I'm moderately ashamed to admit I had easymac for dinner. But a spinach salad for lunch! So it balances! Anyway, this is one of my fiance's favorite dishes that I make...

Pecan Dijon Salmon:

Salmon filets (I am biased towards Atlantic salmon, but pacific will be acceptable)

melt a little bit of butter in a small bowl

in the same bowl, add dijon mustard and honey.... mix until it's runny & creamy

pour over salmon

in another bowl, mix panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and finely chopped pecans.

spinkle over salmon; it should stick with the mustard/honey/butter mixture

Bake as you usually would salmon - 350 degrees for what, 15 minutes?

Anyway, my fiance likes it, so give it a try if you want :)

I usually serve it with basmati rice and corn. just my preferences.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made Chicken and Three Cheese Stuffed Shells tonight. Turned out awesome!!!

031.jpg

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

i made turkey meatloaf and spanish rice ....it was really good....i will post the recipes tomorrow....i finally found a recipe for spanish rice that works for me.....usally it gets overcooked....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

here are the recipes...

I made some adjustments but the original recipes are in the links..

ground turkey meatloaf

1 20 oz package ground turkey

1/4 onion, chopped

1/4 bell pepper, chopped

1 carrot, grated

1 tomato, diced

1 egg

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup barbecue sauce

1/4 to 1/2 cup Panko crumbs

1/2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard

1/8 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp oregano

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp thyme

Combine ketchup and bbq sauce.

In a bowl, combine the ground turkey, onion, carrots, bell pepper, egg, 1/4 cup of ketchup/bbq sauce mixture, panko crumbs, mustard, salt, pepper, and spices. Mix well. Spread mixture in a loaf pan. Mix a little yellow mustard in the remaining ketchup/BBQ sauce and then spread it over top of the meatloaf. Bake at about 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=195752

Spanish Rice

2 cups cooked white rice

1/2 finely chopped green bell pepper

1/2 medium onion, chopped

1 Mexican squash, chopped

1/2 cup frozen corn

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 cup tomato sauce

1/2 to 1 cup Clamato

1 tbsp Mexican Jalapeno Tomato sauce

In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, combine the bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender, add the corn in the last minute or two. Add tomato sauce, Jalapeno sauce and Clamato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in rice.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=62458

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the recipes, Marilyn!

Kayla, your shells look awesome! Thanks for the pic!

It is raining today so I made chicken soup. Last night I had leftover hamburger patties so I made an onion and mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, and peas. It was yum.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made a couple of Quiches the other night, so we had some leftovers last night. Today I am not feeling 100%, it is kinda cloudy and rainy out, and I am feeling too lazy to cook anything so it is Pizza night....YUM!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We visited a friend in North Carolina last weekend who is Chinese. She made us fresh sushi (yeah, I know - Sushi is Japanese, but oh well! :lol: ) - and I didn't realize how easy it was! So, tonight I made fresh sushi for dinner. I picked up the Nori (seaweed) wraps at Ingles along with the special sticky rice which I made up following the directions. Then, following our friend's instructions, I added some vinegar to the rice, heated the wraps until warm and spread the rice on about 1/4 of each wrap. She had made two different sauces - one with wasabi, vinegar and tamari sauce, the other with mayonnaise and condensed milk - so I made those and put a little bit of each on top of the rice. I then added fresh chopped chives from our garden, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini and then an egg that had been panfried with a bit of sugar and salt, then sliced into thin strips on top. Then I just rolled them all up! Instead of slicing them into bite sized pieces like they serve in restaurants, our friend just eats them like a burrito! So that is what we did! Hey - it works great!

In addition to what I made this time, our friend also served pieces of eel lightly sauteed in a sauce made with soy sauce, sugar and vinegar, and thinly sliced roast duck that we could use to put on our sushi rolls. I just stuck to the egg this time so I could be sure it all worked, but I did pick up some octopus to use for the next ones (something else she suggested we try).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our power was out for most of the day so I didn't want to risk cooking in case it went back out again. So hubby is having Subway and I've got Taco Bell(I love those cheesy fiesta potato thingies). Tomorrow we're having Italian pork chops and garlic seasoned potatoes. I'm sooo excited!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.