Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made Ratatouille last night with everything except the onion and the pasta coming from our garden. We had lots left over so tonight we had the left over Ratatouille with bacon wrapped filets (on sale at Aldi's for 99 cents each today!) and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, also from the garden. Had fresh blackberries and blueberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I made Ratatouille last night with everything except the onion and the pasta coming from our garden. We had lots left over so tonight we had the left over Ratatouille with bacon wrapped filets (on sale at Aldi's for 99 cents each today!) and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, also from the garden. Had fresh blackberries and blueberries with whipped cream for dessert.

I know you are always trying to find stuff to do with zucchini/ squash etc.. I just found this recipe.. it looks yummy.. you can eat it as a side or in tacos etc..

http://www.lastnightsdinner.net/2007/07/24/summer-comfort/

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so for dinner last night I brined some pork loin chops and then I brushed them with some mustard and then sprinkled them with some brown sugar and chill powder and then the hubster grilled the chops on the barbecue.. then we put them on hamburger buns with tomato and lettuce etc... we also grilled some bell pepper and onion to put on the sandwiches... on the side we had some potatoes.. all I did was throw some sliced potatoes in a Ziploc bag along with some melted butter, a little honey, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper and then smushed it around till all the potatoes were evenly coated.. then we wrapped the potatoes in foil and grilled them on the barbecue too..

everything was really yummy!

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I made a baked omelet for dinner... it was just eggs, milk, ham, cheese, tomato, shredded frozen hash-browns, some sauteed onion and salt and pepper throw it in a dish and bake until set... YUM!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had blackberries fresh from the blackberry bush in yogurt, baked potatoe, baked beans, broccoli, and cottage cheese. A very yummy supper indeed. I can hardly believe that in 2 days I will be cooking supper for my fiance' and he will be HOME to STAY! I am making his favorite sweet and sour meatballs and baked potatoes with asparagus for Wednesday night :)

Timeline

I am marinating some chicken thighs in a mustard, ketchup, honey, soy sauce mixture and then hopefully the hubster will barbecue them.. I will serve them with rice and some kind of veggie...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't seem to post a pic. This is so dang good I was amazed, everyone loved it. So I thought I would share. I think I will post pics on facebook for those who want to see what it looks like.

White Chocolate Fudge Torte

Cake:

16oz of semisweet chocolate chopped (I used chips saves the chopping)

1 cup of unsalted butter

6 eggs

Topping:

1 Cup of white chocolate chunks or white vanilla baking chips, melted

1 Cup of whipping (heavy) cream

1 package 8oz cream cheese, softened

1/3 Cup of powdered sugar

2 Tbls of white crème de cocoa, if desired

1/2 Cup of miniature chocolate chips, if desired (I didn't use this one)

Raspberry Sauce:

1 package 10oz of frozen raspberries in light syrup. Thawed. (I couldn't find ones with light syrup or any with syrup at all they were just the frozen berries turned out good)

1 Tbls of cornstarch

1/3 Cup of Red Currant Jelly

1. Heat oven to 400F. Grease 9-inch spring form pan with shortening or cooking spray.

In a 3-quart sauce-pan, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.

Cool completely, about 35mins.

2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or till tripled in volume.

3. Fold eggs into cooled chocolate mixture until well blended. Pour batter evenly into pan.

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes (cake edges will be set but center will jiggle when moved). Cool completely in pan on wire rack, about 1hour and 30 minutes. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

5. In a heavy 1-quart sauce-pan, heat white chocolate and 3 tablespoons of the whipping cream over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and, if desired crème de cocoa with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. While beating, slowly add white chocolate mixture, beating until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally.

6. In a small bowl, beat remaining whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula, fold into white chocolate mixture; if desired, fold in miniature chocolate chips. Spread topping over cake. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.

7. To prepare sauce, drain raspberries, reserving syrup. Add water to make 3/4 cup. In a 1-quart saucepan, mix syrup mixture and cornstarch. Stir in jelly. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and clear. Stir in raspberries. Refrigerate until cold.

8. Remove side of pan; leave torte on pan bottom. Serve dessert with sauce. Store in refrigerator.

High altitude (3500-6500 ft): use 10 inch pan bake 20 mins.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I've found 2 recipes for tonight...

Macaroni salad, minus the veggies (none in our house):

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pastasalads/r/bl90612c.htm

Chicken drumsticks, substituting veggie stock with whatever we have (lol...) :

http://busycooks.about.com/od/chickendrumstickrecipes/r/picnicdrumstick.htm

Also, some sort of noodle side dish because hubby does not like macaroni salad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.