Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I really need to buy a crock pot, i reaaally do. And I want a BBQ!

It's funny really, before I went to Florida I never bbqed - it was such a hassle, but there, the patio was right beside the kitchen, it's so great not cooking in the house.

Waiting to move, then I will be back at the BBQ!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my crockpot too!

Dinner is pork tacos (cooked a pork roast in the crockpot with diced tomatoes and chiles) .... rice, beans and sauteed zucchini. I went grocery shopping earlier when I was hungry and so I bought a lot more things to jazz up the tacos than usual ... so we have shredded cheese, queso dip, 2 kinds of salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded lettuce and diced tomato.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh avocado soup = EPIC FAIL.

The recipe said you could serve it cold or hot. I think it may taste better cold.

I love how my husband still ate it though. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my roast came out amazing! put just a bit of beef broth in the bottom with a teeny bit of brown gravy mix, some onions and baby carrots right in with it. Everything was just perfect and the roast fell apart with my fork. SOOOOOOOO happy!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Timeline
Oh avocado soup = EPIC FAIL.

That might explain why I've never heard of it before. lol

my roast came out amazing! put just a bit of beef broth in the bottom with a teeny bit of brown gravy mix, some onions and baby carrots right in with it. Everything was just perfect and the roast fell apart with my fork. SOOOOOOOO happy!

Congratulations Danu! Welcome to the thread. :luv:

We are having a Sunday roast chicken dinner. I'll just throw some lemon, onion, garlic, and fresh herbs into the cavity and make a thin gravy out of the drippings. I have a craving for garlic mashed potatoes so we'll have that with steamed broccoli and carrots. Oh grrrr. Now I have a craving for brussels sprouts too. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have those instead of the broccoli and do a broccoli and chicken gratin tomorrow. I'll let you know what I decide. lol

I'm actually quite ticked with myself at the moment. I picked this chicken up at the Whole foods for $4.99. I should have bought two.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight Im making fancy breakfast food for dinner! Planned to do it last night but Maryland had a sudden onslaught of snow and got stuck at my in-law's instead (safer driving there than braving the city when hubby works so close to their house). She was having a dinner party and served beef tenderloin... so I didnt mind.

So our dinner will be ham and cheese wrapped in puff pastry, cinnamon sticky buns, and grown-up iced tea.

TM: $4.99 for a whole chicken at Whole Foods? OMG.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Now i'm thinking we might have waffles for dinner!

I have chicken, as in chicken breast, I was thinking of making chicken....something. I really want waffles though, for no particular reason, I don't even like waffles that much :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Doh! I should have re-checked the poster -- it was Krikit who got chicken (which she said for roasting) at WF for $4.99! Hehe sorry!

Oooh I want waffles too! But we dont have a waffle maker. Maybe in the future...

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.