Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, hubby had the hardest time making up his mind what he wanted for Canada Day. He finally decided on a steak on the grill. I found these marinated skewers of meat at the store and had those. Quite good actually, marinated pork in a Chinese bbq sauce and lemon pepper chicken. We also had potato salad and corn on the cob.

Hubby wants to cook tilapia tonight. He wants to try it on the grill, but I'm a little skeptical. I have only grilled thicker cuts of fish, not filets. Any thoughts?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Last night, hubby had the hardest time making up his mind what he wanted for Canada Day. He finally decided on a steak on the grill. I found these marinated skewers of meat at the store and had those. Quite good actually, marinated pork in a Chinese bbq sauce and lemon pepper chicken. We also had potato salad and corn on the cob.

Hubby wants to cook tilapia tonight. He wants to try it on the grill, but I'm a little skeptical. I have only grilled thicker cuts of fish, not filets. Any thoughts?

I would grill them on a piece of foil with some herbs/spices and some olive oil...

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My lovah was craving poutine so I made that for him with turkey burgers.... I had salsa bean cakes.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so hubby is on his way to pick up pizza and chocolate dunkers form Pizza hut.. yeah totally bad for you but we deserve it after the horrible Chinese food we had for lunch.. ugh...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Last night we had steak with mushrooms and onions and roasted golden beets. It was yummeh. Tonight we are having a traditional southern US meal..... fried chicken with mac and cheese and collard greens. I have the chicken pieces marinating in buttermilk and will batter them and fry them up later. I'm also doing the mac and cheese from scratch. I had my husband pick up the collards from Mike's bbq because I don't feel like cooking anything else from scratch. :lol:

Oh! And I baked a cheesecake last night! :dance: And it's been killing me sitting in the fridge until today because it had to set for at least 4 hours. :lol: I made a shortbread crust then sliced some fresh pears on top, then a cream cheese and sour cream batter on top, then baked for about an hour. OMG, it smelled so good in here last night. LOL

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Last night we had steak with mushrooms and onions and roasted golden beets. It was yummeh. Tonight we are having a traditional southern US meal..... fried chicken with mac and cheese and collard greens. I have the chicken pieces marinating in buttermilk and will batter them and fry them up later. I'm also doing the mac and cheese from scratch. I had my husband pick up the collards from Mike's bbq because I don't feel like cooking anything else from scratch. :lol:

Oh! And I baked a cheesecake last night! :dance: And it's been killing me sitting in the fridge until today because it had to set for at least 4 hours. :lol: I made a shortbread crust then sliced some fresh pears on top, then a cream cheese and sour cream batter on top, then baked for about an hour. OMG, it smelled so good in here last night. LOL

Now that stuff sounds good!!

Well, I was sorely disappointed in my American-style meal yesterday. The mac and cheese recipe I followed turned out to be too bland, and the fried chicken recipe turned out to be too salty. I think I'm going to stick with someone else making it from now on. icon2.gif

I have no idea what we're having this evening.

iagree.gif

I went to a Jack and Jill wedding shower on Friday night and had the yummiest spinach dip .... so now I need to run out to the store and get the ingredients for it because that is what I am craving!!! Now sure what else I will make today. Honestly, I would be happy eating spinach dip, bread and raw veggies, but hubby is not QUITE as much of a spinach dip fan as I am, so I guess I should be a good wifey and make him something tasty too. Especially considering he got up with Declan at 6 am and let me sleep for another 3 hours AND last night, I got to be the one who had a few drinks!!! Such a rare occurrence and it was SO NICE!!!

We went to watch the fireworks at the Spalding Inn, which is owned by the guys from Ghost Hunters (just an interesting tidbit, doesn't really matter to me because the place itself is nice).

http://www.thespaldinginn.com/

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

That looks like a lovely little place to watch fireworks, Autumn. And I'm with you.... I would eat spinach dip with veggies for dinner too..... except my husband wouldn't go for that. I laughed when he told me about his upcoming business trip and the first thought that popped into my head was "Oh good. That means I can go back to eating the way I used to, and not have to worry about making 3 square meals." :lol:

Today is grocery shopping day, so I just used what we had last night and that was some bacon. I made some buns and we had bacon on a bun and some corn - it was pretty good.

Mmmmm. Bacon butty with HP. nom nom nom

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Krikit wrote: I laughed when he told me about his upcoming business trip and the first thought that popped into my head was "Oh good. That means I can go back to eating the way I used to, and not have to worry about making 3 square meals."

I had to laugh too because I have felt exactly the same way when Joe is out of town for business! hehehehe.

We went out for dinner last night to our favourite local restaurant. Joe had 'chicken' fried steak and I had liver and onions. Today Joe is making his pot of pinto beans with peppers from the garden and we'll do a stir fry of zucchini, eggplant, peppers (all from the garden) and potatoes. For lunch we'll make a macaroni salad with freshly diced cucumbers, zucchini and tomatoes. Yep - the zucchini is coming in! Fortunately, you can add it to almost everything you cook :-). (We only planned on one zucchini plant but when we picked up the seedlings we took what we thought was a cucumber seedling but turned out to be a misplaced zucchini seedling - so we have 2 zucchini plants, 1 yellow squash - 2 okras, 2 eggplant, 6 tomatoes, 4 peppers and yes, we went back and got 1 cucumber.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.