Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so tomorrow's dinner is going to be Filipino Spaghetti.... I have never had it before but I have heard from a few people that is good...

I still need to find a recipe though.. I know the basic ingredients , tomato sauce, banana ketchup, ground meat, hot dogs, garlic, brown sugar... yes I know that sounds a little bizarre but I am going to try it anyways :P

although instead of ground meat I was thinking of using the meatballs I have frozen in the freezer...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does sound kind of bizzare.

Tell us if it turns out well.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
so tomorrow's dinner is going to be Filipino Spaghetti.... I have never had it before but I have heard from a few people that is good...

I still need to find a recipe though.. I know the basic ingredients , tomato sauce, banana ketchup, ground meat, hot dogs, garlic, brown sugar... yes I know that sounds a little bizarre but I am going to try it anyways :P

although instead of ground meat I was thinking of using the meatballs I have frozen in the freezer...

Filipino spaghetti FTW!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooo yummy. I can never find banana ketchup around here so a good sub is just white sugar. And lots and lots of garlic. And hotdogs!!! My grandma also adds a bit of tomato paste, so the final sauce is both tart and sweet. SIGH, I want some :P

Rhiann: Why not try cooking for you and your fiance? Buy groceries enough for the two of you and cook every other night... My husband hates to try new things and hates left-overs (stoooopid, I know). So I made an agreement with him that if he tries new things, I will try my best to only cook for 2 no matter how impossible it is. And Ive done so since moving here.

Tonight hubby and I wont be home til really late so I will just throw some pizza in the oven. Too lazy to make my own dough, but did make some marina over the weekend.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Timeline
I had one a few weeks ago!

Meanie!! lol

I'm not on the train at the moment. :P I'm in Chicago waiting for my DC train which leaves in an hour. Talking to hubby on Vent right now while we have the chance. Will board the train in 30 minutes.

Mal! Are you having any adventures??!!

Tonight we are having bbq. I have some baby back pork ribs coated with rub, and have some drumsticks soaking in a brine solution and will smoke them on the bbq this afternoon, then coat them with my homemade bbq sauce. I have made a potato salad to go with it, and we will also have baked beans. I cannot wait!

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do people in the Phillipines eat a lot of hot dogs - and yes that sounds really weird Marilyn lol

So we did not end up having breakfast for dinner, we had a bacon sandwich, asparagus and salad - much lighter choice and very good.

But the cookies!! So they were just sugar cookies, all good, I put them in the oven for 10 minutes, umm half of them are baking kind of ok, half are not. This stupid oven here, you know how the oven vents out the back, well this vent has no cap, so I normally just put a pan on it so there is some semblance of a normal oven - well I forgot. So I had a few burnt cookies, a few medium done and a few just right.

oh well.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Filipino spaghetti FTW!!!!!!!!!!! It is soooo yummy. I can never find banana ketchup around here so a good sub is just white sugar. And lots and lots of garlic. And hotdogs!!! My grandma also adds a bit of tomato paste, so the final sauce is both tart and sweet. SIGH, I want some :P

Rhiann: Why not try cooking for you and your fiance? Buy groceries enough for the two of you and cook every other night... My husband hates to try new things and hates left-overs (stoooopid, I know). So I made an agreement with him that if he tries new things, I will try my best to only cook for 2 no matter how impossible it is. And Ive done so since moving here.

Tonight hubby and I wont be home til really late so I will just throw some pizza in the oven. Too lazy to make my own dough, but did make some marina over the weekend.

I found the banana ketchup at a Asian market

mvSuprise-hug.gif

@darkchilde

My fiance's mom is going back to Taiwan next month, so it gives me more of a chance to cook. His dad seems to like western food, so I'll have way more of a chance to cook stuff.

Besides, if I don't cook... no one will. :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight I'm making a herbed spaghetti squash with some italian bread and a lemon garlic infused olive oil for dipping.

It sounds sort of fancy but its sooo not, but I'm gonna act like it is when my husband gets home because that's how I roll.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Tonight I am doing laundry and making grilled cheese sammiches.

Top that, Biotches!!!!!

;)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
No adventures so far, really. Walked around DC for 1.5hrs when I got here. Ventured into the Library of Congress which was beautiful.

I suspect you travel the way I do Mal, except you actually went in to a building to see something. When do you actually get to Florida again?

Timeline
I suspect you travel the way I do Mal, except you actually went in to a building to see something. When do you actually get to Florida again?

I'm the, okay, let's do this and get it over with type of traveler. You'd think with this experience I'd be snapping photos left right and center, nope, lol. I went into the LOC because it was open since nothing much else is here at the moment. I also don't know the layout at all of DC and it's close to the station. :lol:

Get there tomorrow at 1pm. 21hrs to go.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I've had the ribs and chicken smoking on the bbq for a couple of hours now. Guess I'll go out and check it. lol

Do people in the Phillipines eat a lot of hot dogs - and yes that sounds really weird Marilyn lol

Yeah. I confess to going "Ew" when I read the ingredients. lol

Almost home! Safe travels!

iagree.gif

Timeline
I'm the, okay, let's do this and get it over with type of traveler. You'd think with this experience I'd be snapping photos left right and center, nope, lol. I went into the LOC because it was open since nothing much else is here at the moment. I also don't know the layout at all of DC and it's close to the station. :lol:

Yep, that's me too :thumbs: No pics, no chatting to strangers, let's get there and no mucking around!

Well, that's not so bad, tomorrow at 1:00, I wonder if it will seem foreign to you, not sure how long it has been since you visited :)

Timeline

lol, yep. My grandmother and aunt keep telling me to go to the sightseer lounge but I keep telling them I'm fine right where I am and that I don't particularly feel like socializing.

I was last there in March '09, but didn't see much as we were only there for 2 days.

Thanks Krikit. :D

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.