Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been cooking since Sean's been here. It's a lot more fun to cook for another grown-up.

Tonight we are having a turkey-stuffing casserole recipe I found on allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Campbells-Kit...ole/Detail.aspx

Sean has called me twice from the grocery store. He is at the grocery store right now and he can't find cubed cooked turkey or chicken! :lol:

It's so awesome having him here and he is not working. I come home and the house is picked up, the dishes are washed, the laundry is semi-folded, the beds are made, and I have a gorgeous man to come home to! I could get used to my "house husband."

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
ok can someone tell me if I am crazy or not..lol but I was reading that it isn't good to reheat spinach....

I was thinking of stir-frying the spinach up with some bell pepper and squash for dinner tonight but since hubby won't be eating dinner til later he would have to reheat it..

Not sure if there is a biological reaction of reheating spinach... but it does get wilt-ier and gross when reheated :P Would you consider tossing the spinach when you reheat the rest of the veggies instead? Spinach will cook down in 2-3 minutes I think.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline
It's so awesome having him here and he is not working. I come home and the house is picked up, the dishes are washed, the laundry is semi-folded, the beds are made, and I have a gorgeous man to come home to! I could get used to my "house husband."

My husband tells me the same thing! One night he took my hand and said, "Im just so glad youre here now. I was so lost without you" *giggle*

Now if I can only train him to do the house stuff when -I- start working :P

Tonight I've decreed that we are having breakfast for dinner!

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Not sure if there is a biological reaction of reheating spinach... but it does get wilt-ier and gross when reheated :P Would you consider tossing the spinach when you reheat the rest of the veggies instead? Spinach will cook down in 2-3 minutes I think.

oh that is a good idea.. thanks :thumbs:

I don't much like having breakfast for breakfast so I love having breakfast for dinner...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I changed my mind about dinner.. we have some frozen homemade soup in the freezer and then I am going to make some variation of this recipe

http://www.shape.com/healthy_eating/recipes/spinach_panini

we bought a second hand George Foreman grill last week...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pork chops, yam, potatoes and beets for dinner tonight.

Had I looked at this thread earlier we would probably be having breakfast for dinner - so maybe we will do that tomorrow!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I've been cooking since Sean's been here. It's a lot more fun to cook for another grown-up.

Tonight we are having a turkey-stuffing casserole recipe I found on allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Campbells-Kit...ole/Detail.aspx

Sean has called me twice from the grocery store. He is at the grocery store right now and he can't find cubed cooked turkey or chicken! :lol:

Cinder-fella is the official term I believe :D....just kidding gentlemen

Anyhoo - we make a similar version of this recipe:

2 boxes Low Sodium Stovetop Chicken stuffing

1-2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (mixed to whatever thickness you like with milk or water)

2 c cubed cooked Chicken or Turkey

1 can cooked carrots (coins work)

Frenchs Fried Onions (the kind Americans use for the Green bean casserole at Thanksgiving)

Prepare stuffing, add in Turkey.....arrange in a 9 x 13 pan and dot with carrots. Pour soup over top and then top with the onions. The more soup you use the more moist and saucey it will be....up to you

Bake at 375 for a 1/2 hour

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

So the official breakfast for dinner menu is chocolate chip pancakes, bread pudding (just cause we have left over panettone and I looove eating bread pudding straight from the fridge), cheese omelet and hot coco. I wish we had bacon but hubby and I agreed to be healthier this year, so we have thrown away all the bad foods away (or I ate them already so they are all bye-bye).

Buuut, I am soo craving for spinach lasagna and I dont have the ingredients for it :(

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
I'm wondering what to have tonight for supper as well. Hmmm, I think some lemon pepper fish fillets I bought that are frozen. Some rice, and veggies I guess. Tomorrow is supposed to be a whopper of a snowstorm here, so I think I'm going to make some crockpot potato soup and biscuits. I may change what I'm making tonight yet. Last night we had jambalaya and it was very yummy. Only leftovers were for Gene's lunch today.

Do you have a recipe Madame? Sounds good

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

So we had vegetable lasagna, frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli) and a Caesar's Salad. I'm wanting something sweet for dessert - might open a tin of fruit or something.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So we had vegetable lasagna, frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli) and a Caesar's Salad. I'm wanting something sweet for dessert - might open a tin of fruit or something.

I decided to make bread pudding - I don't even know if I have made it before, but Mike really likes it so I thought, why not give it a try.

Filed: Timeline
My husband tells me the same thing! One night he took my hand and said, "Im just so glad youre here now. I was so lost without you" *giggle*

I'm kind of feeling hard-done-by that my husband doesn't tell me stuff like that. *kicks can*

Had I looked at this thread earlier we would probably be having breakfast for dinner - so maybe we will do that tomorrow!

I know! I thought that too. :lol: Except my husband doesn't like breakfast for dinner. :(

So the official breakfast for dinner menu is chocolate chip pancakes, bread pudding (just cause we have left over panettone and I looove eating bread pudding straight from the fridge), cheese omelet and hot coco. I wish we had bacon but hubby and I agreed to be healthier this year, so we have thrown away all the bad foods away (or I ate them already so they are all bye-bye).

Don't look now, but I suspect a flaw in your plan. :hehe:

I know you didn't ask but here's mine! :lol:

KRIKIT'S SECRET HOMEMADE POTATO SOUP RECIPE

(shhhhh - don't tell anyone.... it's a secret)

4 large strips thick bacon, cubed

2 large red potatoes, skin on

1 cooking onion, diced

1 large carrot, diced

1 celery stalk, diced

1 small bunch parsley, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

4 cups (or more) chicken broth

1/2 cup cream or 1 cup milk

1/4 cup flour

Fry bacon until crisp. Brown, but do not burn. Remove from pan.

Fry onion, carrot, and celery in bacon grease until onion is opaque. About 5-10 minutes.

Stir in flour.

Add chicken broth and blend with flour mixture.

Add potatoes.

Return bacon to pot.

Gently simmer until potatoes are cooked through.

Add cream or milk and parsley.

Cook on low temperature for 20-30 minutes to develop flavour.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

I got this from a Betty Crocker Soups and Stews magazine.

Slow Cooker Cheezy Potato Soup

1 bag frozen southern style diced hash browns

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 stick of celery, chopped

2 cans chicken broth

1 cup water

3 Tbsp. flour

1 cup milk

2 cups Sharp Shredded cheese

1/2 cup bacon bits

2 green onions chopped

Put diced potatoes, onion, celery, chicken broth and water in crock pot for 8 hours on low. Mix flour in 1 cup of milk, add some broth from soup, mix, and return to crock pot. Add cheese and stir to melt. Cook for further 20 minutes. Add bacon and green onions on top for serving.

**Note**I added a cup of shredded carrots. I put in about 3 Tbsp. dill and a healthy dash of cayenne to mine. I added 2 cups of half and half, and not 1 cup of milk. I used 1/2 lb. of bacon as well. I put them in small sourdough bread bowls. It was very yummy!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.