73 posts in this topic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I took a swig of the diet soda he left from dinner and I can taste his koshery breath reminding me of his koshery kisses I had to endure. Even brushing his teeth didn't help. I love the kisses but certain things on the breath are like death. :dead:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

I'm sensative like that too...OMG I hate hate hate LIVERRRRR! :P The smell, the look, everything. And right behind that is pigeon...however that at least doesn't have a funky odor to me. It's just fooking gross to eat! LOL :blush: I did however, endure after our wedding eating them...trying to be kind and keep with "tradition" for them. Uggghhh!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
They don't have "driver" scans in Egy...its different the system there...explain that to the US rep...they really don't know much. Call again and ask them to ask the station in Cairo. :P They will respond to you via the US C/S folks you only need to call back then or if you are super sweet sometimes the US site calls you back :P

I got the same answers....typically like I said...recycled so old system information till its actually entered after the VISA is issued. You can always call DOS and see if they have any information for you. I kept on both of them...LOL. :P

So with DHL, what am I looking for as far as the tracking number? What kind of message? "Shipped?" :)

I have no idea where to start with DOS? I guess I will hold off on that for a few weeks, since it's been less than 24 hours :P:)

I'm sensative like that too...OMG I hate hate hate LIVERRRRR! :P The smell, the look, everything. And right behind that is pigeon...however that at least doesn't have a funky odor to me. It's just fooking gross to eat! LOL :blush: I did however, endure after our wedding eating them...trying to be kind and keep with "tradition" for them. Uggghhh!

Ugh, liver is my husband's favorite food. I told him that if he loves it so much, he better learn how to cook it himself, because I'm not touching it. :blink: I haven't tried pigeon, and not really keen to... Did have koshary once. It seemed like something that would be good if you split the ingredients in half and served them as two seperate dishes :P

They don't have "driver" scans in Egy...its different the system there...explain that to the US rep...they really don't know much. Call again and ask them to ask the station in Cairo. :P They will respond to you via the US C/S folks you only need to call back then or if you are super sweet sometimes the US site calls you back :P

I got the same answers....typically like I said...recycled so old system information till its actually entered after the VISA is issued. You can always call DOS and see if they have any information for you. I kept on both of them...LOL. :P

So with DHL, what am I looking for as far as the tracking number? What kind of message? "Shipped?" :)

I have no idea where to start with DOS? I guess I will hold off on that for a few weeks, since it's been less than 24 hours :P:)

Yeah...good idea. I believe I waited 10 days before jumping on them ... :D

Timeline

I tried koshary once as well and didn't like it but he loves it. Like comfort food. I have a feeling he'd really like Mexican food in the US. I don't know why I just get that intuition. He puts ketchup and hot sauce on most everything so I can't wait to really introduce him to what spicy foods really means. :P

It's funny you mention liver because he asked me the other day on the microbus if I liked liver and I couldn't remember eatting it since I was a pre-teen. I think I liked it but never really had it again. I know it's good for me. He wants to cook liver and onion and rice.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I tried koshary once as well and didn't like it but he loves it. Like comfort food. I have a feeling he'd really like Mexican food in the US. I don't know why I just get that intuition. He puts ketchup and hot sauce on most everything so I can't wait to really introduce him to what spicy foods really means. :P

It's funny you mention liver because he asked me the other day on the microbus if I liked liver and I couldn't remember eatting it since I was a pre-teen. I think I liked it but never really had it again. I know it's good for me. He wants to cook liver and onion and rice.

Liver and Onions was always the meal my mom would threaten us kids with, if we didn't like what she was cooking for dinner. She actually made it one night, when my sisters were complaining about what she was cooking. Awful, awful, awful. :P

Yes, I agree most of my Egyptian friends here do love Mexican food...minus my hubby....I think like Bridget and Jeanne's hubby's with pain...My hubby is with spicy food..."I might die. I'm allergic"...He is NOT allergic however, he might have a sensative stomach...although at times you'd think he might die.....LOL :P Drama! :D

As for liver...its very popular. I remember a little "hotdog" like stand in my hubbys neighborhood. He always had hot liver/onions ready for a sandwhich. :blink: They always tried to make me eat it. But he learned his lesson fast...he fed me liver only one time without telling me saying it was beef...it wasn't a pretty scene, I got sick :P He never asked again :D

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
I tried koshary once as well and didn't like it but he loves it. Like comfort food. I have a feeling he'd really like Mexican food in the US. I don't know why I just get that intuition. He puts ketchup and hot sauce on most everything so I can't wait to really introduce him to what spicy foods really means.

My hubby is the same and it just kills me!!!

I told him why should I bother to cook him anything special if he's just gonna douse it with hot sauce all the time?

He said that the hot sauce "enhances" the flavor of what he puts it on.

To me, it just makes it taste like hot sauce, not the food you put it on.

*sigh* :wacko:

I'm kind of a purist when it comes to food and he's totally not.

Oh, and happy Tuesday MENA :star:

Well, Wed morning for me :P

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Second interview approved.

Thy will be done.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

He hasn't tried to put it on his pizza yet has he?? I remember as a kid, visiting my family in Alex and my family would put ketchup on pizza.....I was like wth? Crazy!!! That's so the American in me, hee hee.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.