tuesday

73 posts in this topic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skerber....great news!

Livvie I hope you are on your way to recovery girlfriend! What, hubby going to Cairo without you? Aw....I hope you are well for that little excursion. Have you been there before?

Pumpkin, I will have to try that method the next time one of us gets the hiccups. Sounds like it works.

Turia you home yet?

Yeah Jeanne hubby has been living such a sedintary and unhealthy existence. It isn't an easy road either for most to quit bad habits and get into the healthy and fit lifestyle. I mean I am a personal trainer and he always asks me what to do but when I tell him he won't listen. You really have to crack down on alot of things but I think first, GET MOVING.

Burn more than you take in and cut back on those things you know you shouldn't have. Foods high in calories and fat...i.e. all those things we love :devil: , excessive drinking of soft drinks, coffee (or too much cream/sugar in that), too much red meat and those extra starches like pasta and breads to start.

That alone isn't easy. His downfall is eating way too much and late at night. He comes in from work and is hungry.

Eating and sitting/sleeping is the worst.

Happy he wants to work out. He has gained since he arrived :unsure:

My fault though because when he whines I feed him and I over induled him with all the American goodies since he got here :blush:

Ok the vacation is over, time to get going, that with Ramadan coming I HOPE he will make progress.

He thinks that his smoking will be less once he becomes more busy and active. I hope that is true cuz I really worry about his health at this time.. he has quite a few strikes against him in the risk factor department :(

hey! what's for dinner???? anyone, anyone

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Skerber....great news!

Livvie I hope you are on your way to recovery girlfriend! What, hubby going to Cairo without you? Aw....I hope you are well for that little excursion. Have you been there before?

Pumpkin, I will have to try that method the next time one of us gets the hiccups. Sounds like it works.

Turia you home yet?

Yeah Jeanne hubby has been living such a sedintary and unhealthy existence. It isn't an easy road either for most to quit bad habits and get into the healthy and fit lifestyle. I mean I am a personal trainer and he always asks me what to do but when I tell him he won't listen. You really have to crack down on alot of things but I think first, GET MOVING.

Burn more than you take in and cut back on those things you know you shouldn't have. Foods high in calories and fat...i.e. all those things we love :devil: , excessive drinking of soft drinks, coffee (or too much cream/sugar in that), too much red meat and those extra starches like pasta and breads to start.

That alone isn't easy. His downfall is eating way too much and late at night. He comes in from work and is hungry.

Eating and sitting/sleeping is the worst.

Happy he wants to work out. He has gained since he arrived :unsure:

My fault though because when he whines I feed him and I over induled him with all the American goodies since he got here :blush:

Ok the vacation is over, time to get going, that with Ramadan coming I HOPE he will make progress.

He thinks that his smoking will be less once he becomes more busy and active. I hope that is true cuz I really worry about his health at this time.. he has quite a few strikes against him in the risk factor department :(

hey! what's for dinner???? anyone, anyone

I am enjoying vacation so much I am staying til next tuesday. Seriously, I am homesick but I can't change my ticket and I needed this wonderful break. Can't wait to get home to hubby and tinker.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Timeline

Happy Tuesday MENA (F)

I have been on and off again on the boards as the new house is keeping me pretty busy each night :blink: I'm really really tired for sure. All our work is being done this week, new locks, new doors, light fixtures, fans, bidets :dance: , appliances, etc. I'm running btwn work and both homes and I feel cross-eyed. They should be done with the painting by Thursday night so I'm happy about that. The house needs to be ready by Saturday/Sunday for us to move our furniture in. YIKES :unsure::whistle:

I can not believe all the good news happening on the boards! Congrats to everyone! (F)

Charles, I think the Girls Next Door Seasons are fun :P I need to have the collection. :lol:

Wishing you all a beautiful week and hope it goes by fast...I feel burnt out already. :wacko:

woah Turia.

You are lucky though my husband would never let me stay away like that.

How long will that be?? two weeks or nearly 3.

I know how it feels living out of your suitcase and not having the comforts and freedoms of home.

You are with his family tho, no?

Enjoy your time lady, you deserve it!

BTW, how's the grandbabe?

Annie, congrats on the home, with the toddlers I don't know how you do it? :wacko:

Are you near the old house?

How does hubby feel when you watch THE GIRLS NEXT DOOR? lol

My husband hates that garbage but you know what I need a dose of it every now and then. :devil:

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
so husband comes home the other night looking like death. He sat down on the couch and just sighed louder and louder. Then he whipped open a plastic bag and started breathing into it. That's when I got nervous and went over to him and he just held his hand up like "don't talk...wait". Well five freakin' minutes later he's still breathing in and out of the bag but I noticed something....

I asked, "do you have the hiccups?" to which he responded "yes", while looking like "please take me to the hospital".

:unsure:

I gave him a glass of water and told him to drink it while bent over and lifting his head up. The hiccups disappeared in less than 30 seconds. He sighs heavily and said that he's had the hiccups for THREE HOURS at work and he feels so sick.

Is YOUR mena man this dramatic about the hiccups? Did they teach them in Egypt that they can die from them? And what's with breathing in a bag????

Bridget I am on the floor laughing! I hope he NEVER gets the hiccups again! They are just little boys at heart.

Yesterday when Wael got his MMR immunization they put a bandaid over the area. This morning as he was leaving for work I saw it and asked him " aren't you going to take off the bandaid?" He looks at me with his wide eyes and said "ohhh no I can't yet"! So I just told him..."yep you're right, your arm will probably fall off if you do!!!" Hiccups and bandaids....really no difference...just priceless!!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

woah Turia.

You are lucky though my husband would never let me stay away like that.

How long will that be?? two weeks or nearly 3.

I know how it feels living out of your suitcase and not having the comforts and freedoms of home.

You are with his family tho, no?

Enjoy your time lady, you deserve it!

BTW, how's the grandbabe?

Annie, congrats on the home, with the toddlers I don't know how you do it? :wacko:

Are you near the old house?

How does hubby feel when you watch THE GIRLS NEXT DOOR? lol

My husband hates that garbage but you know what I need a dose of it every now and then. :devil:

Thanks Lisa. (F) The new house is about 15 mintues from the old thank god! I don't know if I could handle all those back and forth trips, etc. if it were further.

My hubby watches w/ me. We LOVE cheesy tv. Any silly reality show, we are addicted. Typically we only get to watch re-runs as its hard having any set schedule w/ the twins. :lol: He a pretty laid back kind of guy. Sometimes I think I'm the one raised in the ME culture and he's the westerner. :rofl:

So for the DHL envelope that Ahmed paid for at the embassy, DHL is reporting that's status is "Shipment picked up"... ??? what does THAT mean?

Call them...typically its an old tracking number...they are recycled. It just means its at the embassy, your husband paid, its picked up and waiting now there. If he calls the local DHL office there...they will tell him the same and can not tell any details other than its at the embassy. Just my experience but you can always call to settle your mind/head/stomach....I always did. :P

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I would call DHL and see what you can find out.....

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
So for the DHL envelope that Ahmed paid for at the embassy, DHL is reporting that's status is "Shipment picked up"... ??? what does THAT mean?

Call them...typically its an old tracking number...they are recycled. It just means its at the embassy, your husband paid, its picked up and waiting now there. If he calls the local DHL office there...they will tell him the same and can not tell any details other than its at the embassy. Just my experience but you can always call to settle your mind/head/stomach....I always did. :P

I just called DHL as you suggested and asked them... they said that it means that a driver picked up the package, that that type of scan can only be done by a driver. But my husband didn't interview until after the time they're saying it was picked up, so that doesn't really make much sense. I guess we'll wait and see :)

I just called DHL as you suggested and asked them... they said that it means that a driver picked up the package, that that type of scan can only be done by a driver. But my husband didn't interview until after the time they're saying it was picked up, so that doesn't really make much sense. I guess we'll wait and see :)

They don't have "driver" scans in Egy...its different the system there...explain that to the US rep...they really don't know much. Call again and ask them to ask the station in Cairo. :P They will respond to you via the US C/S folks you only need to call back then or if you are super sweet sometimes the US site calls you back :P

I got the same answers....typically like I said...recycled so old system information till its actually entered after the VISA is issued. You can always call DOS and see if they have any information for you. I kept on both of them...LOL. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.