jeannineabdouh

what if my husband were to come here without a visa?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I meant $1000 comparision between CR-1 and K-3, not as I mistyped as CR-1 & i-134.

Ok so I stand to be corrected. But perhaps you can explain why people go for the K3 visa instead of the CR1 besides the early interview that you get? I know 4 people that filed K1 non immigrant visa (fiance petitions) they did not have to submit any I134 documents at the Casablanca Embassy. Hopefully someone from Morocco that filed the K3 petitition would share their experience. I agree with the expenses that you will eventually save however, if she doesn't have a co sponsor and she knows that she does not meet the poverty guidelines, what would be the solution?

If she can't have a joint-sponsor, she can show assets, if she doesn't have any assets then nothing can be done. Even if she gets a second job right now and earns above poverty line, it still will depend upon when her case goes to NVC and last year IRS transcripts.

May be Casablanca doesn't ask for i-134, but I am not sure, someone going through that consulate may verify it better.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
If she gets a second job she can get an employer letter. I didn't meet the poverty line for 2007 but I had paystubs & an employee letter. So that may work.

It's good to know that there is hope. The other person is still at the NVC and not at the consulate yet.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My understanding is it'####### or miss with Casa these days as far as the I-134 goes. My husband didn't have to have it for his K-1 interview (first financial info we had to submit was with the I-864 for AOS), and most who interviewed for K visas around the time he did (2.5 years ago) didn't need the I-134 either, but they've required it from at least a couple of beneficiaries that I know of since then.

Even if Casa didn't require the I-134, they'd need the I-864 for adjustment of status once he arrived here. That might buy them a little time to find a cosponsor or to find her another job, but it wouldn't be wise to delay AOS too long.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

aww heck, they should apply the optional visa laws???

Ay Naku :blink::blink:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline
They wouldn't even let him pass a certain point at the airport in the Casablanca You will get your visa, I know it seems like it's might not ever happen but it will. It's better to do things the legal way so that the two of you can have a good life together. Besides you would never want your husband to come here without proper paper work because if he is cought he could get a life time ban, ALLAH have mercy you would never want that to happen.

i know but im here desperate hes deperate just really trying to find alternate routes you know i just sent in another filled out aos and i know i dont make enough now according their poverty limits so really i dont know what to do ...i dont know anyone that will co sponsor..so i feel as im at a dead end

Stop trying to circumvent immigration laws! do it the right way. It's pepole like you who make it hard for the ones like us...We have to pay so do you!

why get on my butt im not making ANY HARDER FOR YOU THEN YOU ARE FOR YOURSELF DON'T GO AND JUDGE ME FOR MY DECISIONS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DON'T POST ...AND BY THE WAY I HAVE PAID FOR MY HUSBAND TO COME .....PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T BELONG IN FORUMS LIKE THIS I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER NOT PUT THEM DOWN

event.png

Timeline
My understanding is it'####### or miss with Casa these days as far as the I-134 goes. My husband didn't have to have it for his K-1 interview (first financial info we had to submit was with the I-864 for AOS), and most who interviewed for K visas around the time he did (2.5 years ago) didn't need the I-134 either, but they've required it from at least a couple of beneficiaries that I know of since then.

Even if Casa didn't require the I-134, they'd need the I-864 for adjustment of status once he arrived here. That might buy them a little time to find a cosponsor or to find her another job, but it wouldn't be wise to delay AOS too long.

It was less then 6mos ago 4 people that I know didn't get ask to provide the I864 from Casa. But you are so right about once he gets here they will need to submit the paperwork, but this will give them some time. Thanks for your response and keeping it positive.

They wouldn't even let him pass a certain point at the airport in the Casablanca You will get your visa, I know it seems like it's might not ever happen but it will. It's better to do things the legal way so that the two of you can have a good life together. Besides you would never want your husband to come here without proper paper work because if he is cought he could get a life time ban, ALLAH have mercy you would never want that to happen.

i know but im here desperate hes deperate just really trying to find alternate routes you know i just sent in another filled out aos and i know i dont make enough now according their poverty limits so really i dont know what to do ...i dont know anyone that will co sponsor..so i feel as im at a dead end

Stop trying to circumvent immigration laws! do it the right way. It's pepole like you who make it hard for the ones like us...We have to pay so do you!

why get on my butt im not making ANY HARDER FOR YOU THEN YOU ARE FOR YOURSELF DON'T GO AND JUDGE ME FOR MY DECISIONS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DON'T POST ...AND BY THE WAY I HAVE PAID FOR MY HUSBAND TO COME .....PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T BELONG IN FORUMS LIKE THIS I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER NOT PUT THEM DOWN

Your decisions to try and circumvent the law is wrong "hes deperate just really trying to find alternate routes" If you dont like the truth tuff luck. Pepole like you looking fo a short cut are the one's that dont belong in the forum Maybe this will help go move to where he lives, there now that was a nice helpful tip.

Edited by sjr09

Timeline

Your decisions to try and circumvent the law is wrong "hes deperate just really trying to find alternate routes" If you dont like the truth tuff luck. Pepole like you looking fo a short cut are the one's that dont belong in the forum Maybe this will help go move to where he lives, there now that was a nice helpful tip.

IM NOT TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT ANYTHING,JUST TRYING TO FIND ALTERNATE ROUTES...YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME.....AND IM HERE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE TO BRING OUR LOVED ONES HOME...DONT BAG ON ME ......I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOTTEN PASSED THE AOS POVERTY LINES AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION IM SCARED TO DEATH SO TAKE YOUR NEGATIVE ATTITUDE TO SOMEONE WHO WILL LISTEN ....AND THERES ALWAYS ALTERNATIVES TO EVERYTHING ...LIKE I SAID IM SCARED TO DEATH AND I HAVE NO ALTERNATE TO MOVE THERE AS I HAVE A SPECIAL NEEDS SON .SO ALL CASES ARE DIFFERENT

event.png

IM NOT TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT ANYTHING,JUST TRYING TO FIND ALTERNATE ROUTES...YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME.....AND IM HERE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE TO BRING OUR LOVED ONES HOME...DONT BAG ON ME ......I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOTTEN PASSED THE AOS POVERTY LINES AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION IM SCARED TO DEATH SO TAKE YOUR NEGATIVE ATTITUDE TO SOMEONE WHO WILL LISTEN ....AND THERES ALWAYS ALTERNATIVES TO EVERYTHING ...LIKE I SAID IM SCARED TO DEATH AND I HAVE NO ALTERNATE TO MOVE THERE AS I HAVE A SPECIAL NEEDS SON .SO ALL CASES ARE DIFFERENT

What makes you think there are alternate routes you have to meet the AOS at some piont. No way around it!

Timeline

What makes you think there are alternate routes you have to meet the AOS at some piont. No way around it!

THEN I WILL WAIT FOR THE DECISON....DOES THAT SATISFY YOU I WILL WAIT ..AND THANKS FOR THE NEGATIVITY THAT REALLY BOOSTS MY SPIRITS

event.png

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs: Jeannine you are so much bigger then small minded people, and I would not give anybody that has anything negative to say a second thought. Hopefully we will get some responses from other people that went through this process in Morocco.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.