ghosttridder

Important Advice for NEW K1 Filers

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
listen here. I'm not stupid. I believe i am very well educated, and i've read the reqs for applying. No where on the application informational packet did it warn me about how rare it is to get a waiver number

img_shock_hazard.gif

For years I wondered who these types of warning labels were intended for - now I know.. :wacko:

yes, now you know never to do that. haha :blink:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Member grapeyes writes:

Ok, my husband had his medical in London today. The doctor told him he failed due to high blood pressure. She said that he would have to see his regular doctor, get his blood pressure down, then take the medical over again (paying their fee again). In reading the statute, blood pressure is not a valid reason to deny the medical. I have no idea what to do next. This really really is heart breaking. I need my husband. Its been so long already. Any suggestions please, I don't know what we can do next. Below is a copy of the statute.

why don't all you uscis immigration process lovers go explain to him/her what she did wrong, and why it is her fault. lolz!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Member grapeyes writes:

Ok, my husband had his medical in London today. The doctor told him he failed due to high blood pressure. She said that he would have to see his regular doctor, get his blood pressure down, then take the medical over again (paying their fee again). In reading the statute, blood pressure is not a valid reason to deny the medical. I have no idea what to do next. This really really is heart breaking. I need my husband. Its been so long already. Any suggestions please, I don't know what we can do next. Below is a copy of the statute.

why don't all you uscis immigration process lovers go explain to him/her what she did wrong, and why it is her fault. lolz!

Sounds like a lousy doctor more than a problem with USCIS. Just like your case sounds like a lousy reader more than a problem with USCIS.

Member grapeyes writes:

Sounds like a lousy doctor more than a problem with USCIS. Just like your case sounds like a lousy reader more than a problem with USCIS.

now, now are you provoking a nasty response of somekind by calling me a lousy reader? insult? your real mature. it is hard to suck it down your throat.. i know it must be hard. It's natural to swallow something you can't acknowledge to be correct

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think he is trying to provoke you as much as you were trying to provoke us with your comment. We have all tried to explain how this waiver actually works and you have done nothing but get nastier with each response. I think its time everyone steps away from this thread ad the good information it contains is going to get lost between all the dribble that has been posted by both sides.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I think he is trying to provoke you as much as you were trying to provoke us with your comment. We have all tried to explain how this waiver actually works and you have done nothing but get nastier with each response. I think its time everyone steps away from this thread ad the good information it contains is going to get lost between all the dribble that has been posted by both sides.

lol get real. I've responded with some real points.

ok. Why don't you answer this question then.

Under what circumstances would the it violate long term established customs and traditions to have formally met in person?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Okay I'm here. Don't ruin another thread with your egotistic opinions. People have told you over and over again how your 8 month wait was ultimately your own fault for not doing enough research, so there is no point in me telling you that again. But let's not ruin another thread because you can't get that through your head.

I'm sorry you had to wait 8 months, really I am. But if you had done just a little bit of research before you filed you wouldn't have filed without meeting her in the first place.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Okay I'm here. Don't ruin another thread with your egotistic opinions. People have told you over and over again how your 8 month wait was ultimately your own fault for not doing enough research, so there is no point in me telling you that again. But let's not ruin another thread because you can't get that through your head.

I'm sorry you had to wait 8 months, really I am. But if you had done just a little bit of research before you filed you wouldn't have filed without meeting her in the first place.

you are just as stubborn as i am haha

Timeline

lol get real. I've responded with some real points.

ok. Why don't you answer this question then.

Under what circumstances would the it violate long term established customs and traditions to have formally met in person?

First off, the person who wrote that wasnt me, and I've said TWICE now what the requirements for proof would have been, so I really don't understand why you are dragging this on forever with no good reason. We can't change that you were denied. We can, and have, given the probable reasons to help other people with the process because like I said in my last post, that was what you said this whole post was for, to help others. You aren't being helpful, you are being vengeful and horrible for no good reason.

to answer your question more plainly, because you aren't stupid and obviously can read,

it would violate long term established customs and traditions if you can prove (with proof from other people than yourself) that under no circumstances can you meet until your wedding day, for any reason. Proof of this, like I've said before, would come in the forms of letters from the appropriate people stating this is fact, not from yourself. Me writing a letter saying I am a magical fairy princess doesn't make it truth. Now a letter from the king of the fairies, stating that I am indeed his daughter and a princess by birth, that would make it true. Do you get it yet?

Posting on other people's questions because you got no sympathy for not taking the process as seriously as you should have is no reason to go hijack their threads with your nonsense. She had no control over his BP being high, nor did he, YOU however had control over READING which apparently you can't do, because you keep asking the same questions over and over and replying with sarcastic remarks that help neither you, nor the people you were trying to help with this thread.

You've gotten married, you've moved on, so let it go.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

you are just as stubborn as i am haha

So because I agree with what everyone else on this thread says except for you, I am stubborn? Again, people have told you time and time again that you just flat out did not qualify for the waiver of meeting in person.

Why don't you share with us why you think that you qualified for the waiver? Why is it against your cultural and traditional beliefs to have *met* before married? Share with us what you sent to USCIS. Because until now you have only stated that you sent a letter to them that you wrote. What else did you send? And if nothing, what did you write in the letter?

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

Exactly right. The OP just has sour grapes from Maine to Tijuana --- did not do research, got denied; blames USCIS. If we had a penny for every time someone does that and gets self-righteous about it, actually thinking USCIS will knock on their door, apologize and offer immediate citizenship, we'll be rich. But here OP, have a prize:

sour.jpg

Timeline

Watch it with the insults and personal attacks or this thread will be closed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

"Met" and "formally met" are not the same thing. The requirement is to meet in person. There's nothing "formal" required, just "evidence".

There are a couple societies where such meeting is actually forbidden. Islam isn't one of them. For the umpteenth time "met" is the keyword, not "date" or any other thing you may have had in mind. Your problem is not that you were mislead by USCIS. You misinterpreted by failing to use the literal meanings of the words "met" and "may". As such, it would be far more productive to concentrate on your remaining options which are to meet and file again for your fiancee or to meet and marry and file for your spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
If your engagement was arranged or introduced and "you have never met your fiance" it is very important that you DO NOT FILE FOR k1 Visa for your fiance. I am us citizen, but i have a southeast asian culture, and when we get married, we don't date, touch, spend time together physically until the wedding night. It is infact a religious, cultural tradition thing, countries like india, pakistan, indonesia, turkey etc..

basically in order to so called "qualify" for a k1 visa, you had to have met your fiance phsycially,

there is a clause that k1 visa filers have as a foot note, uscis says they can waive it if we can prove that it is against social customs and long established traditions or prove that it provides extreme hardship, ( THIS HAS CAUSED ME TO LOSE 8 MONTHS!!! from the love of my life).

I've tried so much to get this waiver, and it was denied because they simply "didn't buy it", i sent them so much evidence, information, papers, articles, bills, telephone conversations, typed letters, it doesn't work.

bottom line, if you never met your fiance.. FORGET FILING FOR K1 VISA! it's not worth it to wait 200 plus days and nights for a REJECTION!

This is not true according to

http://www.immigrationvisacenter.com/lawye...ey-1198104.html

Bullet 8 Proof that you met in the past two years or, if not, proof that an exception to this requirement exists in your relationship. An arranged marriage would be one example of an exception.

K-1 Visa
Service Center:California Service Center
Consulate:Mumbai, India
I-129F sent:04/08/2009
I-129F NOA1:04/23/2009
I-129F NOA2:08/06/2009
Packet 3 received:08/28/2009
Packet 3 sent:09/02/2009
Interview Date:10/08/09
Visa Received on 10/08/2009
US Entry:01/17/2010
Marriage:02/05/2010
Comment:AOS
I-485 sent:03/20/2010
I-485 NOA1:04/03/2010
I-131 Approved:06/04/2010
I-765 Approved:06/04/2010

I-485 Interview:07/12/2010
I-485 Approved:07/12/2010
Comment: Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
I-751 sent:04/16/2012
I-751 payment was cleared on 04/25/2012
I-751 NOA1: receipt date 04/18/2012, received date 04/28/2012
ASC appointment(BIO) schedule on 05/16/2012
I-751 Approved:10/19/2012
I-551 received on 10/25/2012

Comment: Application of Naturalization

N-400 sent:07/15/2013
N-400 payment was cleared on 07/19/2013
N-400 NOA1: receipt date 07/18/2013, received date 07/20/2013

Biometrics on 08/08/2013

N-400 Interview:10/08/2013

N-400 Approved:10/08/2013

Oath Ceremony:10/29/2013

Timeline
This is not true according to

http://www.immigrationvisacenter.com/lawye...ey-1198104.html

Bullet 8 Proof that you met in the past two years or, if not, proof that an exception to this requirement exists in your relationship. An arranged marriage would be one example of an exception.

WRONG. You would know this if you actually read this thread. An arranged marriage is not reason in and of itself to get a waiver to the not meeting in person.

I don't feel like typing up something that has been written in this very thread like 100 times already...but I suggest you read it before you continue giving wrong advice.

Edited by Marina-Del

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.