hellothere

Worst day of my life.

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello,

I hope I will find some support in this forum. I wish I found this forum earlier but everything happen for a reason.

Since I have been knowing my fiancè I knew I would have married him. Well, I was wrong!

We are at the almost end of the k1 visa process (the consulate received the petition) and I found out he has an other woman.

I am crying, I am upset, I hate him but I have to move on.

I cannot give up my dreams for a #######.

I was going to spend my life with him and now.....

We were planning for me to go to college to do a master and then, hopefully, with a good job, have a wonderful family.

Now I don't want to give up my dream. I want to study in the US and I want to show him that I will do it with or without him.

Guys, do you think at this point I can withdraw my K1 petion and apply for a student visa?

I am very confused and I know at some point I will be weak but I will never forgive him and I don't think I have to pay the price of my future (a great master).

Please help me

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much to offer as far as information-but I want to tell you I'm sorry. That's terrible, poor you. I'm glad for you that he showed his true colors now, before you gave up even more for him. You will find kindness and support here. Hang in there. Hopefully someone will have info on student visas for you. Again, I'm so sorry! (F)

24q38dy.jpg

Go, and apply for a student visa...

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

(F) Sorry for the situation.

You cannot cancel your K-1 Petition, only the American fiance can do that. You can however tell him that you would like for him to cancel it and MAKE SURE he cancels it. If he does not cancel it and just lets it sit there at the consulate in Italy then you will not get the K-1 visa (due to his inactivity on the visa) and while that is in process you CANNOT apply for another visa (like a student visa). So the best thing you can do right now is make sure your ex-fiance in the US cancels your petition AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Once that petition has been canceled then you are more than welcome to apply for a student visa to the US, and I wish you luck with that...but as I understand they are a bit hard to come by. But good luck.

Again, I'm sorry for the situation.

Not yet...don't be so hasty! First the American fiance needs to cancel the K-1. You can always apply for the visa, but it will be denied unless the K-1 is canceled first.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

Unfortunately I didn't get prepared for this horrible situation but I always thought that both petiotioner and the foreign can withdraw the case. Please if you have info. I would really love not to ask him anything like cancelling for me the visa.

:crying:

Please where my post has been moved in order for me to check it? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F) Sorry for the situation.

You cannot cancel your K-1 Petition, only the American fiance can do that. You can however tell him that you would like for him to cancel it and MAKE SURE he cancels it. If he does not cancel it and just lets it sit there at the consulate in Italy then you will not get the K-1 visa (due to his inactivity on the visa) and while that is in process you CANNOT apply for another visa (like a student visa). So the best thing you can do right now is make sure your ex-fiance in the US cancels your petition AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Once that petition has been canceled then you are more than welcome to apply for a student visa to the US, and I wish you luck with that...but as I understand they are a bit hard to come by. But good luck.

Again, I'm sorry for the situation.

Not yet...don't be so hasty! First the American fiance needs to cancel the K-1. You can always apply for the visa, but it will be denied unless the K-1 is canceled first.

Good advice. I am so sorry this happened. It's tuff. Take care.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello,

I hope I will find some support in this forum. I wish I found this forum earlier but everything happen for a reason.

Since I have been knowing my fiancè I knew I would have married him. Well, I was wrong!

We are at the almost end of the k1 visa process (the consulate received the petition) and I found out he has an other woman.

I am crying, I am upset, I hate him but I have to move on.

I cannot give up my dreams for a #######.

I was going to spend my life with him and now.....

We were planning for me to go to college to do a master and then, hopefully, with a good job, have a wonderful family.

Now I don't want to give up my dream. I want to study in the US and I want to show him that I will do it with or without him.

Guys, do you think at this point I can withdraw my K1 petion and apply for a student visa?

I am very confused and I know at some point I will be weak but I will never forgive him and I don't think I have to pay the price of my future (a great master).

Please help me

Yes you can apply for a student visa. You cannot withdraw the K-1, he needs to do that.

Sorry for your bad experience

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Unfortunately I didn't get prepared for this horrible situation but I always thought that both petiotioner and the foreign can withdraw the case. Please if you have info. I would really love not to ask him anything like cancelling for me the visa. :crying:

Please where my post has been moved in order for me to check it? Thanks.

you have no choice but to nicely ask him to cancel the visa. this should be the first thing you need to do before you can move on. good luck, i hope things work out in your favor.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

really sorry to hear about your experience. hope it works itself out for you.

I129F process

23/02/09_ I129F Sent

25/02/09_I_129F received, signed for by D Renaud

25/02/09_ NOA 1 issued

01/03/09_ Touched

30/06/09_ NAO2 issued

01/07/09_ NAO 2 email from uscis received

06/07/09_ NAO 2 hardcopy received in post

10/07/09_ NVC receives application

13/07/09_ NVC sends application to dublin embassy

15/07/09_ Dublin embassy receives application

28/07/09_ Packet 3 Received

28/07/09_ Packet 3 Sent (Notice of Readiness returned)

28/07/09_ Medical Results collected from Clinic - all good to go :)

05/08/09_ Packet 4 Received

21/07/09_ Medical @ 10am in Blackrock Clinic PASSED woo hoo

11/08/09_ Interview PASSED

14/08/09_ Visa in hand.........woo hoo :)

23/09/09_ US Entry (POE - Chicago)

20/11/09_ Married

AOS SECTION

30/12/2009_AOS, Employment Authorization, Advanced Parole Sent to Chichago

31/12/2009_Received and signed for at Chicago Lockbox

06/01/2010_NAO1 received for all of the above

14/01/2010_ Recevied Biometrics letter

09/02/2010_ Biometrics in Fort Smith

17/02/2010_Recieved email that Employment Authorisation has been approved, card production in process

22/02/2010_Received Advanced Parole documents in the post :)

10/03/2010_Received Notification of Interview for AOS

14/04/2010_Interview Fort smith @ 10.00am for AOS

Sorry for you troubles (F) Although it is true that the USC will have to withdraw the petition, no one can make you go to an interview or participate further in the process. This may delay your other plans depending on how you handle it, but you can still get here.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

So she still depends on that Je$rk even to move on with her plans! That sucks! :huh:

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Has another woman?

How serious is it? Could be just a fling or a loneliness issue, or could even be soem ex GF just messing with you to get even with him. Some couples allow that kind of thing during long seperations, and some women are pragmatic about the issue. Be sure you know the entire story and think this thru before you yank the chain.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

I will never forgive him, he has this "girl" since 1 year. Not accepteble.

Do you think it's gonna be a problem if I apply for the student visa since I (at this point I should say HE) withdrawn the petion?

What the Consulate will think about my desire to still go to the US after I broke-up?

Thanks to everybody for your support.

It means a lot to me.

Thanks

I would think if she explains to the embassy that the jerk was cheating on her (and she no longer wishes to do the K-1), they would probably take that in consideration.

(she should even go to the interview if it comes in - to explain the situation at that time!)

I mean, why would she be made to suffer if this guy doesn't withdraw the petition in a timely manner (or why should she be forced to wait?)

Now, the OP would still need to qualify for the student visa. Hard to say what the consulate would think. So, again, I would try to inform them myself of what is going on with this K-1.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.