Uthar

Hitting and Swearing

212 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It doesn't sound like VAWA to me, it sounds like she had a traumatic childhood. Being so defensive of her family like that is a way to avoid having to deal with whatever that trauma is (as one of them is likely involved in some way). Definitely do not hit her back, nothing good will come from that, you'd only reinforce the behavior.

I am of this mind on the matter.

You also mentioned her scars, so it is possible that kids noticed and were mean to her as well making it harder on her to open up to people.

But never ever ever hit her back, you started down that path, but don't do it again else you'll go down a path that will seriously mess you up and can get you into a whole ton of trouble.

PS Help her before getting the house.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
She was chatting with her family and I was next to her. She then started started talking about lice for some reason to me, it must have been a topic with her family. She then grabbed my head saying this is what they do and hit the top of my head relly hard with her fingernails. Thats when I swore, what the F. She then hit me in the mouth. After ending the chat with her family she started saying things like F you! You want to F me? and hit me a few more times slapping my face etc. Through all this I did nothing to retaliate and told her to stop.

This is how I'm reading your story...She was trying to demonstrate you how to kill lice in the head and she probably didn't mean to hurt you but you took offense and over-reacted and said a bad word and she felt hurt, that's why she hit you in your mouth (like what older filipinos do to young kids saying bad words). She got hurt with your reaction...And you responding to her that way just made it worse.

Anyways, I hope you'll be able to work things out soon. Best of luck!!!

Hmm lol now that I have learned about the lice thing, this story makes the most sense. More than likely he said a few more swear words and therefore she kept slapping.

Although I am glad to know this now before my fiance gets here and if it is ever brought up in a conversation, I will never ask how they dealt with it. :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.