SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

I've got to ask, because some one has to do it, why are the Philippines so apparently overrepresented on VJ in terms of K-1 beneficiaries? I understand that the country makes up somewhere around 1.37% of the world population, but my sense is that somewhere around 75% of the k-1 beneficiaries on this site are from the Philippines. What gives?

awright can i add something more plzzzzzzzzz?i worked in israel for 7 years...and most of the time i get inside a taxi.the taxi driver driver always as in always say filinit?(filipina) and i always say yes (duh) wait let me give u a background..in israel its almost all races are there asians,europian etc...ok so i asked the driver too.."how do u know im a filipina?( it's not a stupid question bec cambodians,malaysians,indonesians are there too.we look similar to them right?) anyhow i asked "how do u know im a filipina?" and drivers alawys always always say "because filipinas smell good when they get inside the taxi not like other women from etc etc etc blah blah..."heyyyyyyyy dont take it againts me..im just relaying wot i heard from taxi drivers in israel...and as we know..taxi drivers are te best knowledgable hehheheheh...

Wow, ain't he a lucky cabbie to be engulfed by the fragrance of a sweet-smelling Filipina! :star:

:yes::thumbs:

Edited by Tahoma

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am late to this party...lol but here is my 2 cents worth... i have read lots of posts but, when it comes to bashing other countries , well ,that's just wrong... We are intitled to our own opinion but, when it comes to "putting another country down" that kind of thoughts should be kept quiet or not posted.. Because NO country is BETTER than another one.......... here's my outtake on life... first of all we all are childern of God... I don't think it was God's plan for someone to say " hey my country is better than yours for this reason.............. no matter where you go you will find good people and bad. .... so it doesn't matter where you find your true love ,as long as he or she IS your true love... isn't that all that matters ????? doesn't matter to me if she is black or white, red,yellow...etc ...as long as that person holds the key to my heart , that's fine for me ..i have been in love with the "asian eye look" all my life , now i have a beautiful filipina of 2 years already and i am the happiest person in the world... so to make a long story short ... love can come from anywhere . even in my case 10,000 miles away...lol...

so ,,,can't we all just get along??? wer're not here to fight .... we're here trying to get our loved ones home ... Wayne(booger)

Edited by booger

10-26-10 NVC recieves our petition

10-27-10 NVC case # assigned..

11-02-10 DS-3032, I-864 Bill received.

11-02-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-09-10 IV Bill recieved

11-09-10 IV Bill paid.

11-15-10 Sent IV and AOS packages seperately via overnight mail.

11-16-10 IV and AOS packages received at NVC at 11:22am ..... Now the wait begins again :(

11-30-10 Both packages entered into NVC's system awaiting review.....

12-07-10 RFE. A simple fix , But i need to wait till replacement page of Ds230 arrives, then overnight the checklist stuff back to NVC.

12-15-10 RFE docs arrived via DHL from Judy...heading to the Post Office to overnight to nvc

12-15-10 Overnighted the RFE checklist docs to NVC

12-16-10 NVC recieves RFE checklist docs

01-07-11 SIF ..... Thank you God...

01-10-11 Case complete, now waiting on the interview date email...

01-24-11 Finally got the interview date. March 1 @8:30am Thank you God. Now i can be at ease

02-04-11 Wife got a letter from USEM in Manila rescheduling her interview... was March 1, now Feb 17 ... ;)

02-07-11 Medical, day 1 of 2 (Passed)

02-08-11 Medical, day 2 (Passed)

02-17-11 Interview.... APPROVED.....Thank you GOD

02-28-11 Visa in hand!!

03-14-11 Departing Manila for her 24 hour flight to me

03-15-11 My baby is HOME!!!

03-21-11 Welcome letter and GC received

"Without you , I'm not ME"

I love you Judy

I too am late to this party...lol but here is my 2 cents worth... i have read lots of posts but, when it comes to bashing other countries , well ,that's just wrong... We are intitled to our own opinion but, when it comes to "putting another country down" that kind of thoughts should be kept quiet or not posted.. Because NO country is BETTER than another one.......... here's my outtake on life... first of all we all are childern of God... I don't think it was God's plan for someone to say " hey my country is better than yours for this reason.............. no matter where you go you will find good people and bad. .... so it doesn't matter where you find your true love ,as long as he or she IS your true love... isn't that all that matters ????? doesn't matter to me if she is black or white, red,yellow...etc ...as long as that person holds the key to my heart , that's fine for me ..i have been in love with the "asian eye look" all my life , now i have a beautiful filipina of 2 years already and i am the happiest person in the world... so to make a long story short ... love can come from anywhere . even in my case 10,000 miles away...lol...

so ,,,can't we all just get along??? we're not here to fight .... we're here trying to get our loved ones home ... Wayne(booger)

:thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I've got to ask, because some one has to do it, why are the Philippines so apparently overrepresented on VJ in terms of K-1 beneficiaries? I understand that the country makes up somewhere around 1.37% of the world population, but my sense is that somewhere around 75% of the k-1 beneficiaries on this site are from the Philippines. What gives?

awright can i add something more plzzzzzzzzz?i worked in israel for 7 years...and most of the time i get inside a taxi.the taxi driver driver always as in always say filinit?(filipina) and i always say yes (duh) wait let me give u a background..in israel its almost all races are there asians,europian etc...ok so i asked the driver too.."how do u know im a filipina?( it's not a stupid question bec cambodians,malaysians,indonesians are there too.we look similar to them right?) anyhow i asked "how do u know im a filipina?" and drivers alawys always always say "because filipinas smell good when they get inside the taxi not like other women from etc etc etc blah blah..."heyyyyyyyy dont take it againts me..im just relaying wot i heard from taxi drivers in israel...and as we know..taxi drivers are te best knowledgable hehheheheh...

I also worked in Israel for 2 years. A lot of Israelis even think that we're from Thailand or China because they would greet us either by Thai or Chinese language.

Come on ladies, you just know this is not true.

Israel has a very large population of Filipina caregivers who look after elderly people in their homes. No doubt that is what both Norie and Scotty's Girl were doing in Israel.

If you go to the center of any town in Israel (and I can speak from personal experience about Haifa, Netanya, Rehovot, Ra'anana...) you will find shops and signs catering to Russians. And shops and signs catering in Tagalog to the Philippine community. Offering foodstuffs, phone cards to call home, etc. There is no comparable Thai or Chinese community of domestic workers in Israel. There are Thai workers employed in agriculture and construction. However no one would possibly confuse the Thai and Filipina workers in Israel. Why? Because of gender! Virtually all Thai and Chinese workers were brought in over the last 5-10 years to do "hard labor" that was once done by Palestinians, but since the Intifada has been outsourced to these countries. There are virtually no women being brought in from these countries.

Meanwhile Filipinas have been coming to Israel for decades to work as elderly caregivers - virtually all female as you very well know, having lived there.

Data from Israeli Bureau of statistics

http://www1.cbs.gov.il/reader/shnaton/temp...&CYear=2008

ENTRANTS WITH WORK PERMITS(1),

BY COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP, AGE, SEX AND YEAR OF ENTRY

Country גברים % Age ארץ סך הכל( 2) גיל

of citizenship 55+ 50-54 45-49 40-44 35-39 30-34 25-29 15-24 סך הכל Total(2) אזרחות

% Men Total

PERCENTAGES אלפים אחוזים THOUSANDS

China 99 0.1 0.5 4.9 27.1 37.1 17.5 8.1 4.8 100.0 3.3 סין

Philippines 14 0.5 2.5 7.8 16.1 22.0 23.5 21.9 5.9 100.0 6.4 פיליפינים

Thailand 93 0.0 0.1 1.0 6.9 22.2 28.4 25.7 15.7 100.0 9.0 תאיילנד

The table came out badly formatted when I cut/pasted. But here are the relevant bits.

In 2006, there were 3.3 X 1000 (3,300) foreign workers who entered Israel from China.

There were 6,400 from Philippines.

And 9,000 from Thailand.

But look at the genders: 99% of the Chinese workers were male, 14% of Philippines workers were male, and 93% of Thai workers were male.

Meaning, 1% X 3300 = 33 Chinese women entered as workers in 2006.

7% X 9,000 = 630 Thai women.

86% X 6,400 = 5,504 Filipinas.

Filipinas in Israel outnumber their Thai and Chinese sisters by over 8:1. Keep in mind that this data is only a snapshot of new arrivals in 2006. If you add in the existing population of Filipinas who have been there many years, before Thai and Chinese started to arrive, the data would be even more overwhelming. There are far, far more Filipinas than other Asian nationalities working and living in Israel.

I can assure you that when an Asian woman enters a taxi or a shop in Israel, she's assumed immediately to be a Filipina caregiver. And you know that's true.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was suppose to reply to a comment that has been removed.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I really didn't appreciate the foreigners attacking/insulting us filipinas. The thing is that we can't change the way they see us. I think the only thing we can do is to prove to them that they are NOT any better than us. I don't believe that keeping quiet and avoiding arguments is the way to do it, especially if they are insulting our race. While I believe that we have to choose our own battles, I also believe that if someone pick a fight, we have the right to defend ourselves but of course, we should make sure that we're fighting in the best way we can and not dragging ourselves into the mud. Let's not reply to them them the way they are responding to us here. We can do so much better than that.

And yes, Filipinas make the best wives!!! Why? Because I and the filipinas and their spouses said so and even if others strongly disagree, I don't care! We're entitled to our own opinions and that is something they should learn to respect and get over with. Let us also respect their right to claim that their nationalities are the best. Let us not attack/insult people who don't agree with us and who are attacking/insulting us. Otherwise, we won't be any different from them at all.

filipinas is a race? really? a culture yes ... an nationality yes ..

Here we go again with the filipinas make the best wives. wow ... just wow ... :blink:

You are begging the question then, of WHO qualifies as a race. Please enlighten us, professor? :star::star:

try google and search for yourself ...

http://www.google.com/

Sorry, I never heard of that one...I only use this one. But please try thinking for yourself. Anyone who says that they know that something is true because they saw it on the internet is pulling a SimpleJack. :dance:

http://www.giggle.com/

another ... good answer :wacko:

interesting concept in your earlier post ^ ... an individual can be their own race ... :lol:

I also worked in Israel for 2 years. A lot of Israelis even think that we're from Thailand or China because they would greet us either by Thai or Chinese language.

Come on ladies, you just know this is not true.

Israel has a very large population of Filipina caregivers who look after elderly people in their homes. No doubt that is what both Norie and Scotty's Girl were doing in Israel.

If you go to the center of any town in Israel (and I can speak from personal experience about Haifa, Netanya, Rehovot, Ra'anana...) you will find shops and signs catering to Russians. And shops and signs catering in Tagalog to the Philippine community. Offering foodstuffs, phone cards to call home, etc. There is no comparable Thai or Chinese community of domestic workers in Israel. There are Thai workers employed in agriculture and construction. However no one would possibly confuse the Thai and Filipina workers in Israel. Why? Because of gender! Virtually all Thai and Chinese workers were brought in over the last 5-10 years to do "hard labor" that was once done by Palestinians, but since the Intifada has been outsourced to these countries. There are virtually no women being brought in from these countries.

Meanwhile Filipinas have been coming to Israel for decades to work as elderly caregivers - virtually all female as you very well know, having lived there.

Data from Israeli Bureau of statistics

http://www1.cbs.gov.il/reader/shnaton/temp...&CYear=2008

ENTRANTS WITH WORK PERMITS(1),

BY COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP, AGE, SEX AND YEAR OF ENTRY

Country גברים % Age ארץ סך הכל( 2) גיל

of citizenship 55+ 50-54 45-49 40-44 35-39 30-34 25-29 15-24 סך הכל Total(2) אזרחות

% Men Total

PERCENTAGES אלפים אחוזים THOUSANDS

China 99 0.1 0.5 4.9 27.1 37.1 17.5 8.1 4.8 100.0 3.3 סין

Philippines 14 0.5 2.5 7.8 16.1 22.0 23.5 21.9 5.9 100.0 6.4 פיליפינים

Thailand 93 0.0 0.1 1.0 6.9 22.2 28.4 25.7 15.7 100.0 9.0 תאיילנד

The table came out badly formatted when I cut/pasted. But here are the relevant bits.

In 2006, there were 3.3 X 1000 (3,300) foreign workers who entered Israel from China.

There were 6,400 from Philippines.

And 9,000 from Thailand.

But look at the genders: 99% of the Chinese workers were male, 14% of Philippines workers were male, and 93% of Thai workers were male.

Meaning, 1% X 3300 = 33 Chinese women entered as workers in 2006.

7% X 9,000 = 630 Thai women.

86% X 6,400 = 5,504 Filipinas.

Filipinas in Israel outnumber their Thai and Chinese sisters by over 8:1. Keep in mind that this data is only a snapshot of new arrivals in 2006. If you add in the existing population of Filipinas who have been there many years, before Thai and Chinese started to arrive, the data would be even more overwhelming. There are far, far more Filipinas than other Asian nationalities working and living in Israel.

I can assure you that when an Asian woman enters a taxi or a shop in Israel, she's assumed immediately to be a Filipina caregiver. And you know that's true.

Hey scandal...I agree with you...Filipinas are the sweetest-smelling women anywhere..even in Israel!!! :yes:

Love knows no Boundaries...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

It probably never will. Alberta will join with the US before Quebec separates more than likely. Then Newfoundland will go back to being it's own country like back in the 50's.

How about a trade? We will take Alberta and Saskatchewan so that the Russian Germans can join their families in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and other midwest states. We'll give you Texas (and Ma-cool-it :bonk: ).

~ Tahoma :innocent:

I prayed to God for the perfect wife.

God answered.

October 22nd 2009 at 2:00 P.M. OATH COMPLETED

Oct. 22 9:05 A.M. Atlanta interview date for naturalization

Aug. 15 Received YELLOW LETTER, we are to bring to the interview state driver's license

Aug. 6, 2009 N.O.A. fingerprint appointment

June 29, 2009 Notice receipt date and priority date

June 25, 2009 Filed for naturalization

April 30, 2008 Filed for John's dual citizenship

April 24, 2008 JOHN BORN

Dec. 18, 2007 Completed first semester, an 'A' average

Sept. 21, 2007 Doctor reported, "your wife is two months with child"

Aug. 22, 2007 rose starts college

May 09, 2007 rose receives license to drive and drives us home.

Jan. 24, 2007 returned to Alabama

Dec. 28, 2007 remarried in Philippines, I promised her a Filipino wedding

Nov. 27, 2006 returned to Philippines

Aug. 01, 2006 rose receives P.G.C., no interviews here, no conditional card

July 25, 2006 received email - Approval

July 18, 2006 mailed update

July 07, 2006 R.F.E, update on income

June 26, 2006 We mailed hand-written letter requesting status of A.O.S.

Jan. 24, 2006 Biometrics completed, again

Nov. 02, 2005 R.F.E.

Sept. 20, 2005 A.O.S. transferred to C.S.C.

April 11, 2005 JAMES, BORN

July 22, 2004 A.O.S. receipt date, Atlanta

June 22, 2004 married

June 10, 2004 rose arrives in Alabama

May 23, 2004 Visa arrives

May 05, 2004 Embassy interview

Feb. 03, 2004 I-129 approved

Sept. 03, 2003 I-129 receipt date

Aug. 16, 2003 met Rose in Cebu

Jan. 20, 2003 mailed letter to her and waited

Jan. 20, 2003 read Rose's profile on website

The Embassy in the Philipines (USEM) does more K1 visas than any other US Embassy. The reasons are varied and different for each couple.

Exactly, doesn't that seem shady to anyone else? Kind of seems like a good reason to implement a quota system.

A quota system would be OK with me, as long as we allow two million visas per year for Filipinas.

~ Tahoma

I agree. I just wish, i will be the last person to reply on this topic. Visajourney was created to help people, so we can help others with their journey and not to put down other countries or trying to prove who's better than the other. Peace everyone.

so ,,,can't we all just get along??? wer're not here to fight .... we're here trying to get our loved ones home ... Wayne(booger)

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.