48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok, maybe some one has this answer. I just called NVC, I had received the letter dated June 11, that they have received my approved petition. It also states that the case will be forwarded within a week to the consulate. I called just to find out the date of arrival and the date of departure from NVC.

I was not happy to find out that we have been chosen for AP. How can they do this, after sending me a letter saying that it will be forwarded within a week? The person who answered the phone told me that the letter is generic, and that it is not a guarantee that it will be forwarded within a week. anyone get this as well?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
that receipt number is the only number you should have. starts with EAD

Ok, am I calling now, and I'm going to say a little prayer. :unsure:

NOTHING on my case :crying: this SUCKS!

Nothing on mine either. Oh well. :(

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ok, maybe some one has this answer. I just called NVC, I had received the letter dated June 11, that they have received my approved petition. It also states that the case will be forwarded within a week to the consulate. I called just to find out the date of arrival and the date of departure from NVC.

I was not happy to find out that we have been chosen for AP. How can they do this, after sending me a letter saying that it will be forwarded within a week? The person who answered the phone told me that the letter is generic, and that it is not a guarantee that it will be forwarded within a week. anyone get this as well?

The letter is generic and they send it out once your case is received and assigned a case number. Being selected for AP doesn't mean it will stay there for too long. Hope for the best, they are just doing their job.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

sorry to hear about that Nat......

hopefully your luck will be better than ours.......we seem to get screwed everywhere.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

dang :(

I guess that's better than the news kcrand got :( :(

(((kcrand))) (F)

man this process is not easy...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sorry to hear about that Nat......

hopefully your luck will be better than ours.......we seem to get screwed everywhere.

I'm really sorry to hear that guys and my heart goes out to you. Just to check, make sure you speak to an advisor because the phone line systems don't get updated. I spoke to a person this morning and they provided me with the information but I just used the phone line and it didn't recognise my case. Speak to an advisor if you haven't done so. And if you have, just keep on hanging in there and I apologise that my case was processed before yours

01/08/2009 - POSTED NOA1 to VSC

01/13/2009 - RECEIVED NOA1, Case Pending

02/06/2009 - TOUCHED - Finacee moved so I presume that was the reason for it

05/20/2009 - Contacted Congressman's Alan Grayson's Offices to ask for assistance on our case, He agrees

06/13/2009 - 5 months and nothing, not even from our congressman :( Were is our NOA2!!!!!!

06/16/2009 - Our congressman actually made contact us for the first time in 4 weeks only to tell us they had written our address down wrong so here we are, still stuck in limbo with not a clue what's happenening

06/17/2009 - Called NVC on a off chance they might have it and they do!!!!! Woop woop. All we need now is that hard copy and were set!

06/17/2009 - NVC send our visa and petition to the london embassy - My packet 3 is on the way, woop woop!

06/19/2009 - Recieved NOA2 in the post, dated 06/11/2009. The panicing is over.....for now

07/01/2009 - Reeceived Packet 3 in the post, woop woop

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm really sorry to hear that guys and my heart goes out to you. Just to check, make sure you speak to an advisor because the phone line systems don't get updated. I spoke to a person this morning and they provided me with the information but I just used the phone line and it didn't recognise my case. Speak to an advisor if you haven't done so. And if you have, just keep on hanging in there and I apologise that my case was processed before yours

That was a very nice thing to say :star:

Congratulations!! Looking at your timeline, it is SO nice to hear you have had some good news :)

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Same thing happened to me with my K3. It took NVC 34 days to transfer my case to the embassy . During that time I decided to forget about the K3 and just continue with the CR1 instead. CR1 was completed at NVC yesterday, should have the interview for August.

Marriage : 2009-02-03

I-130 Sent : 2009-02-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-03-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-03-24

NVC Received : 2009-04-14

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-04-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-04-30

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-05-13

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-05-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-05-07

Receive IV Bill Email : 2009-05-21

Pay IV Bill Online : 2009-05-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-05-25

Sent DS230 to NVC: 2009-06-01

USPS Delivered DS230: 2009-06-03

NVC entered DS230 into system: 2009-06-08

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-06-16

Appointment Email recvd: 2009-06-24

Consulate Received : 2009-06-26

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-08-07 Approved

Visa Received :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

What would an "AP" be and how does it work?

Thanks!!

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are so right, and CONGRATULATIONS. Expect your NOA2 in about 2 to 3 days.

That's exactly what happened to me. On June 8th I called USCIS and the representative told me I wasn't yet approved. I hung up and called NVC and to my pleasant surprise, the lady told me they were sending my Petition to the Consulate that day. I was actually approved by USCIS on June 3rd. I didn't receive my NOA2 until June 10th. My case was sent and received by the Consulate in Lagos on June 12th. On June 13th I received my letter from NVC.

The point being, I found out through NVC that I was approved. I never received an email, I had not yet gotten my NOA2 in the mail, and even USCIS reps said I wasn't yet approved, when I had been approved for 5 days.

So I think your advice to also call NVC to check your status is good advice.

D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

no news on ours either :no: , congrats to all of you who have heard in recent days. hopefully the end of feb filers will hear soon.

I129F process

23/02/09_ I129F Sent

25/02/09_I_129F received, signed for by D Renaud

25/02/09_ NOA 1 issued

01/03/09_ Touched

30/06/09_ NAO2 issued

01/07/09_ NAO 2 email from uscis received

06/07/09_ NAO 2 hardcopy received in post

10/07/09_ NVC receives application

13/07/09_ NVC sends application to dublin embassy

15/07/09_ Dublin embassy receives application

28/07/09_ Packet 3 Received

28/07/09_ Packet 3 Sent (Notice of Readiness returned)

28/07/09_ Medical Results collected from Clinic - all good to go :)

05/08/09_ Packet 4 Received

21/07/09_ Medical @ 10am in Blackrock Clinic PASSED woo hoo

11/08/09_ Interview PASSED

14/08/09_ Visa in hand.........woo hoo :)

23/09/09_ US Entry (POE - Chicago)

20/11/09_ Married

AOS SECTION

30/12/2009_AOS, Employment Authorization, Advanced Parole Sent to Chichago

31/12/2009_Received and signed for at Chicago Lockbox

06/01/2010_NAO1 received for all of the above

14/01/2010_ Recevied Biometrics letter

09/02/2010_ Biometrics in Fort Smith

17/02/2010_Recieved email that Employment Authorisation has been approved, card production in process

22/02/2010_Received Advanced Parole documents in the post :)

10/03/2010_Received Notification of Interview for AOS

14/04/2010_Interview Fort smith @ 10.00am for AOS

Hey guys,

What would an "AP" be and how does it work?

Thanks!!

This all depends at what stage we are referring to AP. AP at the NVC stage is additional or adminstrative processing. By tracking trends, we have recently seen that NVC has been holding back cases for between 30-50 days after they have recieved them, and have then forwarded them on to the embassy. Nobody is really sure what goes on during this additional processing and why some people are selected and others are not. There is no way to make additional processing at the NVC stage go any faster. You just have to sit back and keep calling until they send your petition on to the relevant embassy.

I was held at NVC for just over 30 days. My case was relatively simple, I am from a low fraud country and neither myself nor my partner has ever been in trouble with the law. There is absolutely no reason we would have been singled from any of the other petitions going through NVC that day, except for the fact that it is totally random.

I would also like to add that I recieved a letter that told me that NVC had processed my case, and would be sending this on to London. In fact that letter is standard, and a bit of a fib.

AP at consulate level is very different. The time lines vary greatly some being in AP for just a few weeks to others being in AP for months. This kind of AP tends to take place in particular countries. AP at consulate level usually occurs after the beneficiary has had an interview. If you are placed in AP at consulate level, you are usually told why, but never given a timeline of how long it will take. A popular reason is "additional name checks"

I guess the thing to remember is....that whilst the wait for the NOA 2 is a long an arduous one, you are never completely out of the woods. I was so elated when I recieved my NOA 2 and so low when I found out I had been placed on AP.

I would also like to mention that, I had my interview last week and the AP I was put under in NVC was never mentioned. My interview was successful and today I received my visa..... 7 months to the day that I sent off my petition.

Edited by Ellie-and-David

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.