HoneyandSonny

Maids and Nannies in ME

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Quite fascinating...ergo, never think you're marrying for love as it is all about your vajajay and womb. :thumbs: This goes back to what has been discussed often on this forum: marriage is a contract and it is all business.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i love the way she explained it......

when we lived in pakistan we had maids and also a nanny for us kids when i asked why i was told that it was because a man wants to make sure his wife is not tired (didnt undestand that at the time lol) and is fresh and looking attractive when he comes home from a hard day of work. that he does not want her to tire herself out with trivial things such as house work.........

as for the nanny the reason was told to me because that way it allows the women and man time together out side the home or inside the home........so i guess it was explained to me in simple form lol

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Quite fascinating...ergo, never think you're marrying for love as it is all about your vajajay and womb. :thumbs: This goes back to what has been discussed often on this forum: marriage is a contract and it is all business.

isn't it your turn to wash the dishes tonight? *reads the fine print on the contract*

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Can you write a book and send it to me? Incredibly interesting and makes sense. I had a feeling somehow it all came down to that but very interesting to read about with your explaination!

It's already been written, if I remember correctly. Progressive Muslims: On Justice, Gender, and Pluralism - in particular, Kecia Ali's essay "Progressive Muslims and Islamic Jurisprudence: The Necessity for Critical Engagement with Marriage and Divorce Law," if memory serves me correctly.

Feminist researchers have been investigating the origins of law for a while now, and their books and essays are sourced on the original history. I'm pretty old school, so, my research goes back further than their books, and are mostly from the original languages, so they've been catching up to me. :lol: But their writings are easy for laypersons to grasp, for sure. From the time I became a Muslim woman married to a Christian man, it was incumbant upon me to understand thoroughly why my fellow religionists hatred of our union was so intense. One thing lead to another, and then, viola! I had a Ph.D in Islamic law and culture. Allah's blessing have been very very good to me.

I'm not a feminist myself, so Rahma's recommendaton made me a bit nervous, frankly. Some of those books seem to have a chip on ther shoulder, if you know what I mean. I know the editor, Omid, personally. He tends to be to the political left of me, and there are some aspects of Muslim liberalism that get me kicked out of their clubs.

But, I have to say that Kecia is a very diligent researcher. She has a more recent book, "Sexual Ethics In Islam: Feminist Reflections on Qu'ran, hadith and Jurisprudence", that some of you may be interested in. I haven't read it, so maybe someone can let me know what's in it. I prefer reading the reasoning of scholars with ijaza, so I'll also recommend the source law books, many of which have been translated into English. Another scholar who writes in English and is so very easy to understand is Shayh Khaled Abou El Fadl, a jurist and middle of the road Muslim who shares my concern about the degradation of Islamic law and reasoning. His book, "Speaking In God's Name: Islamic Law, Authority and Women", is a good source, although I wish he and his wife had done more exhaustive footnoting. Check him out at http://www.scholarofthehouse.org

Thank you all for our kind words. I have made this research my life's work and LOVE to share it and discuss it, so it's nice to see the favorable response to this information.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

when we lived in pakistan we had maids and also a nanny for us kids when i asked why i was told that it was because a man wants to make sure his wife is not tired (didnt undestand that at the time lol) and is fresh and looking attractive when he comes home from a hard day of work. that he does not want her to tire herself out with trivial things such as house work.........

as for the nanny the reason was told to me because that way it allows the women and man time together out side the home or inside the home........so i guess it was explained to me in simple form lol

sara

I noticed that the Sunipath article citing Hamza Yusef also used a euphenism. It made me smile because that's what is done for the western mind.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

sara

I noticed that the Sunipath article citing Hamza Yusef also used a euphenism. It made me smile because that's what is done for the western mind.

yes i noticed that as well. :)

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.