Honey&Sweety

AOS Interview Preparation

5 posts in this topic

Hi, guys! while here in Philippines my husband whose in U.S now received our AOS Interview Appointment , the Interview will take place on July 21,2009 in Detroit. He told me that one of the requirements are the I-693 form( Report of Medical and Vaccination). Way back here in the Philippines last Dec.2008 I had my medical and handed it in my POE in Detroit also. I was just wondering if I have to re-do my medical(I hope not). During my AOS application I included there my vaccination sheet, just a photo copy.

My questions are : What should I do to accomplished this I-693 Form. I still need vaccines to be completed because here in Phils. they did not gave me enough vaccines since it was not available that time during my medical. They just told me to complete it when I get there in U.S. I will be going back to US on June 18, 2009 and we will prepare all our documents.

Second: Do we still need to provide Joint Bank Account, joint credit cards, we don`t have account for now since I had the delayed getting my SSN before, we tried getting joint account that time but the bank did not honor because I don`t have SSN that time. Before I traveled back here in Phils. I re-apply my SSN and thanks God, my husband told me that he already received it in the house in U.S., the following day I had my EAD also.

Third: Do we still need to provide new employment letter? new Affidavit of Support and supporting documents?

We only have one month to prepare all evidences. Anybody here can guide me and give me tips of what to expect in AOS interview. Thank u so much. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank u so much and God bless us all!

Sincerely,

Netscot

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Second: Do we still need to provide Joint Bank Account, joint credit cards, we don`t have account for now since I had the delayed getting my SSN before, we tried getting joint account that time but the bank did not honor because I don`t have SSN that time. Before I traveled back here in Phils. I re-apply my SSN and thanks God, my husband told me that he already received it in the house in U.S., the following day I had my EAD also.

You have to have some evidence of bonafide marriage. This can include joint bank accounts, but there are many other things you can use. (we didn't have a joint account at time of AOS) This can include joint insurances, joint credit cards, leases, mortgages, even just mail to the same address. Anything that shows both your names or shows you living at the same address. They also like to see things that are unique to your marriage, like photos, letters, etc.

Third: Do we still need to provide new employment letter? new Affidavit of Support and supporting documents?

If they are the same as what you have already submitted-no-but we brought copies just the same. ;)

We only have one month to prepare all evidences. Anybody here can guide me and give me tips of what to expect in AOS interview. Thank u so much. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Here's a link from VJ where you can review others' interview experiences. Good luck! :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

24q38dy.jpg

1) Yes, you still have to go to the Civil Surgeon in your area to complete some parts in 693 Form.

Read below (in red) it is taken exactly from 693 Instructions.

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and

already had a medical exam overseas?

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3

spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to

admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical

examination as long as your Form I-485,

Application to Register Permanent Residence or

Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your

overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part

1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your

adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination

section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's

Certification.

2) Since you have a SS#, so you had better open a Joint Bank Account before the interview & try to get montly statement which shows both your names. IO wants to see Joint Accounts, Joint Tax Return etc..... Don't forget you are going to the interview to prove that your marriage is a Bona Fide one !..

3) No, you do not have to, but it is a good idea to bring Current employment Letter & also more importantly 2008 Joint Tax Return.

GOOD LUCK & HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT BACK HOME !.....

Edited by Cino

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

1) Yes, you still have to go to the Civil Surgeon in your area to complete some parts in 693 Form.

Read below (in red) it is taken exactly from 693 Instructions.

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and

already had a medical exam overseas?

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3

spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to

admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical

examination as long as your Form I-485,

Application to Register Permanent Residence or

Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your

overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part

1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your

adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination

section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's

Certification.

2) Since you have a SS#, so you had better open a Joint Bank Account before the interview & try to get montly statement which shows both your names. IO wants to see Joint Accounts, Joint Tax Return etc..... Don't forget you are going to the interview to prove that your marriage is a Bona Fide one !..

3) No, you do not have to, but it is a good idea to bring Current employment Letter & also more importantly 2008 Joint Tax Return.

GOOD LUCK & HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT BACK HOME !.....

Thank you Cino for a very informative reply. I am now here in the USA just arrived yesterday and just read your answer. By the way about the Tax return of 2008. That`s the one we passed during my application and I was not incuded there because I just arrived that month(he pay for the ITR) so he didnt include me . ...Some of the evidences we will accomplish that one of this days.

Have a nice day and we do appreciate your help.God bless!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Received - July 7, 2011

You have to have some evidence of bonafide marriage. This can include joint bank accounts, but there are many other things you can use. (we didn't have a joint account at time of AOS) This can include joint insurances, joint credit cards, leases, mortgages, even just mail to the same address. Anything that shows both your names or shows you living at the same address. They also like to see things that are unique to your marriage, like photos, letters, etc.

If they are the same as what you have already submitted-no-but we brought copies just the same. ;)

Here's a link from VJ where you can review others' interview experiences. Good luck! :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Thanks Trillium. I am satisfied with all your replies. It is a great help for us in our interview preparation. Have a nice days and may God richly bless you and your family. Have a nice day!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Received - July 7, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.