What's that you say??? An approval??

80 posts in this topic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!!!! I am so happy to hear your good news!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Filed: Timeline

:dance::dance: Alf Alf mabrooookkkk!!! :dance::dance:

OMG I'm so excited for you...WOOOOOTTTT!!!! I pray all goes fast with the visa and that he will be home with you soon! (F)

:dance: Now the real fun begins...dealing with the USCIS here in the good ole US....:P No worries...we are all here for you for advice and have tons of stories! :dance:

Oh don't forget the next transition...the next couple of weeks you will clean your house for a week straight with no sleep and reorganize/redecorate everything and never be satisfied...there are plenty of threads on here with suggestion on what to have prepared for him...things to buy, things to set up for his arrival, etc. :devil::whistle: Hurry you don't have a lot of time! JK :P:dance::dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

lol, Nawal is right there... let the nesting begin ..

Amanda I am sure your thrilled .... :)

No AP :dance::dance::dance:

I am SOOSOOOO happy for you, maybe you can actually get some sleep now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awesome news!!! :dance: :dance: Congrats!!

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so happy for the both of you this is wonderful news!!!! CONGRATUILATIONS!!!!! I know you are so excited!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance:(L)(F)

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Thanks everybody!! I appreciate it so much!! :)

Ok, here is a quick run down of the interview:

Hubby's interview was at 8 am and he arrived around 7:30. There were two lines-one for immigrant visas & one for non-immigrant visas. He got in the immigrant visa line...he had to empty all pockets and after he passed through the check, they gave him a paper with #6 on it and was told to sit & wait until they called his number.

He waited until about 8:45 and they stared calling numbers. He went to the window and they asked him for his passport and medical exam. Then he was told to sit down again and wait for them to call his name. He waited a while and then they called his name.

He went in the room with the interviewer who greeted him in Arabic. Hubby was pretty nervous...but he said the interviewer then smiled at him and he felt really relaxed after that. He said the interviewer was very nice & kind. He started typing on the computer. He asked him several questions (not in this order):

Who petitioned for you?

Where is she from?

How did you meet her?

What do you have in common with her?

Were you married before?

Was she married before?

Do either of you have kids?

Do you two have a favorite movie?

That was pretty much it. Hubby said interviewer seemed like he was just asking procedure questions just to say he asked them. It was very smooth and then interviewer said Congratulations. He gave hubby a green sheet (one to hubby one in file) & told him to take it to the window and pay the fee for Aramex. He paid the fee and went home...easy peasy!!

If you have any questions...please ask!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations Amanda!!! :dance::dance: so so happy for you (F):dance::dance:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

I hadn't lived with a man in years too.

It is just a bundle of emotions...mostly excited and happy but i felt like I was about to get married when we knew he was coming FOR REAL. Even when we got married I hadn't been that nervous.

What I did to prepare was make a ton of premade dishes that were truly American fare.

So I wouldn't have to cook and he get a real taste of the U.S.

I went to great lengths to compile a list of our traditional receipes so he would have alot to choose from plus I knew how bent he was on the meal actually being cooked. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.