leapoffaith

N400 taking a year long ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All

My bro has been living in USA since 1994. In July last year, he filed N400. He had his interview in november. Still, no news of the oath ceremony ?

This is what I get when I put his case # at the USCIS site :

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 3, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

He called them two months back and got a mail that they are further reviewing his case. What could be the matter ? It will be an year after two weeks.

Any insight ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What was he told at the end of the interview and was he given a paper saying he passed or not? If yes, make an infopass appointment to find out what's going on. Usually, people get the oath letter in 2 to 6 weeks from what I have seen. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
What was he told at the end of the interview and was he given a paper saying he passed or not? If yes, make an infopass appointment to find out what's going on. Usually, people get the oath letter in 2 to 6 weeks from what I have seen. Good Luck

Does everybody get that paper citing pass or fail ? Please confirm and I will ask my brother.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I had my interviewed the IO told me that I passed and gave me a piece of paper stating "Congratulation you passed the English and Civic test. Your application is being forwarded for approval... I forget the exact word but something like that. Your brother should make an infopass to check what is the status of his application.

I-130 Petition for alien relative (mom)

01/08/2010 - Mailed I-130 form via express mail

01/11/2010 - Received Application and signed by JPM

01/19/2010 - Received NOA1

03/10/2010 - Received approval notice via e-mail

03/15/2010 - Received NOA2 via mail

NVC

03/16/2010 - case no. assigned and registered both my mom and my e-mail addresses

03/18/2010 - Received DS-3032 form and AOS fee bill from NVC via e-mail

03/18/2010 - PAID AOS fee

03/20/2010 - e-mailed signed DS-3032 to NVC

03/23/2010 - Mailed I-864 packet via USPS

03/25/2010 - NVC received DS 3032 thru e-mail

03/26/2010 - NVC received I-864 packet

03/31/2010 - PAID IV Bill online

04/10/2010 - Received RFE, missing DS-230 and entire documents..... still waiting for my mom to send me her stuff. omg!

04/22/2010 - Mailed DS 230 packet via USPS Priority Mail.... huh! finally I received my mom's docs.

04/26/2010 - NVC received DS 230 packet

05/07/2010 - Sign-in FAILED....great!

05/10/2010 - Talked to the NVC operator and said "CASE COMPLETED" on 05/10/2010

05/13/2010 - Received Interview Appt. on 06/02/2010 via e-mail

05/17/2010 - Medical Exam

06/02/2010 - Interview Appointment PASSED

06/23/2010 - Returned her passport to Singapore Embassy for issuance of visa

06/30/2010 - Visa Received... Yehey!!

09/16/2010 - Arrived in Hawaii

10/02/2010 - Received Welcome Notice

10/12/2010 - Applied for SS #

10/13/2010 - Received 10 years permanent card

10/18/2010 - Received ss card

Timeline

Citizenship interview form is the N-652:

n-652b.JPG

This is the best I could find without spending all day. At the bottom, gives you options if your case is denied or you don't hear anything within 120 days after your interview. Taking the USCIS to court doesn't appear to be a good option, that will cost you more than a couple of bucks. And not exactly like dealing with a private organization where you pay the bill if all the conditions of the terms of your contract were properly fulfilled. The USCIS already has your money and you can get an IO that really doesn't give a damn one way or the other and can even misplace your application.

Found out quickly that I am worthless in making an inquiry with delays, so requested that my senators office make an inquiry for me, they do listen to your senators office.

Many people came here with positive reports with a good flow, but then there are those that were not so lucky. Luck is getting a conscientious IO, that, they do not let you chose.

Timeline

Ask him in 'Hindi" - Kya tum pass huey ya Fail? Kya tumhe ek kagaz diya ki nahin?

Yes, everybody is told that they either passed or need some other documentation or have been denied for a specific reason. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.