sarah and hicham

AP- Security checks in Washington

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I have a question.... Has anyone had the experience of someone at DOS asking for your name and phone number and telling you they would call you back? If so, did they actually call?

I called DOS again yesterday and at first I was told that it looked like we were just waiting for a visa # to come available. Of course I said huh..don't understand? Put on hold. Then I was asked for DF passport #. Gladly gave it and was placed on hold again. Then I was asked for my name and phone # and was told they were going to look further into what was taking so long and ask a supervisor to look as well to see if they could speed things up. I was told that it seemed there was some confusion with his name and they don't understand why it isn't cleared.

Just from my past experiences with DOS, I'm NOT holding my breath for anything to happen. I'm more confused than anything and I'm not sure I believe someone will actually look or call me back. They told me to give about a week or 2 for a call back.

Does this sound legit to anyone else or more like another stall tactic for me to stop bugging them??? :help:

hmm... I've never had anyone at DOS ask me for anything but case # and beneficiary's name - never for my # or his passport #, not even his DOB... and never had them call me back for anything, so I'm not sure... I'd wait a week but then I'd call again to follow up... good luck insha'Allah... but I think not holding your breath would be the best thing... expect nothing and then of course if something happens, that's great but don't set yourself up for the disappointment... i've learned that the hard way...

in fact, a cable was sent on our case a couple of weeks ago, when I called the FBI yesterday they said they have no record of my fiance's prints, they said NVC has it, called them, they said we wouldn't have that, called FBI again - same response, called NVC again - same response... then called DOS and s/w Barbara this morning and apparently my fiance is going to get a call-in letter from the embassy w/ a request for additional information, and she said not to worry about the prints b/c she believes they have rec'd what they requested... UGH!!! I don't know what to make of any of it so I guess we'll just have to wait until he goes down to the embassy again - it's a not so safe 8 hr drive down from Afghanistan to Islamabad, Pakistan so insha'Allah it won't be just another run-around trip... not holding my breath...

Edited by Omid

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have a question.... Has anyone had the experience of someone at DOS asking for your name and phone number and telling you they would call you back? If so, did they actually call?

I called DOS again yesterday and at first I was told that it looked like we were just waiting for a visa # to come available. Of course I said huh..don't understand? Put on hold. Then I was asked for DF passport #. Gladly gave it and was placed on hold again. Then I was asked for my name and phone # and was told they were going to look further into what was taking so long and ask a supervisor to look as well to see if they could speed things up. I was told that it seemed there was some confusion with his name and they don't understand why it isn't cleared.

Just from my past experiences with DOS, I'm NOT holding my breath for anything to happen. I'm more confused than anything and I'm not sure I believe someone will actually look or call me back. They told me to give about a week or 2 for a call back.

Does this sound legit to anyone else or more like another stall tactic for me to stop bugging them??? :help:

Yes, I did have them do this to me before and they actually called me back! I was in in complete shock! Hope you hear something soon! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
hmm... I've never had anyone at DOS ask me for anything but case # and beneficiary's name - never for my # or his passport #, not even his DOB... and never had them call me back for anything, so I'm not sure... I'd wait a week but then I'd call again to follow up... good luck insha'Allah... but I think not holding your breath would be the best thing... expect nothing and then of course if something happens, that's great but don't set yourself up for the disappointment... i've learned that the hard way...

in fact, a cable was sent on our case a couple of weeks ago, when I called the FBI yesterday they said they have no record of my fiance's prints, they said NVC has it, called them, they said we wouldn't have that, called FBI again - same response, called NVC again - same response... then called DOS and s/w Barbara this morning and apparently my fiance is going to get a call-in letter from the embassy w/ a request for additional information, and she said not to worry about the prints b/c she believes they have rec'd what they requested... UGH!!! I don't know what to make of any of it so I guess we'll just have to wait until he goes down to the embassy again - it's a not so safe 8 hr drive down from Afghanistan to Islamabad, Pakistan so insha'Allah it won't be just another run-around trip... not holding my breath...

I hope he makes it there safely and it's some encouraging news. Hopefully it won't be for anything too complicated. Good luck!

Yes, I did have them do this to me before and they actually called me back! I was in in complete shock! Hope you hear something soon! (F)

Wow, I am surprised too. I thought they were just blowing me off. Guess I will find out soon enough. I have the person's name. So, I guess if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks I will call them back to check. I guess good or bad, IF they call, some news is better than no news.

Sorry if I'm being too nosey, but whatever they did to give reason to call you back, was it any help?

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

At least some of you (the majority) have gone through the interview. Ours hasn't made it there still. My fiance is on background checks ever since the case was forwarded to NVC... Some of you probably have seen my posts and I know I'm repeating myself... It just helps to vent and share...

I called DOS on Wednesday and was told by this man (didn't catch his name) that he doesn't show my case # since it is still waiting to get forwarded to Frankfurt embassy... I asked him if any progress has been done on the checks... of course he said he couldn't tell... go figure...

I feel like screaming.... :angry::blush:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
At least some of you (the majority) have gone through the interview. Ours hasn't made it there still. My fiance is on background checks ever since the case was forwarded to NVC... Some of you probably have seen my posts and I know I'm repeating myself... It just helps to vent and share...

I called DOS on Wednesday and was told by this man (didn't catch his name) that he doesn't show my case # since it is still waiting to get forwarded to Frankfurt embassy... I asked him if any progress has been done on the checks... of course he said he couldn't tell... go figure...

I'm really sorry to hear this. I don't understand why such long checks at NVC on a K1 before the interview. I know I've been told they do checks at each step in the process, but we were only at NVC a few days. Is that long enough to do a check? Months, as in your case, seems to be a bit excessive to me. But, of course I think our 3 months is too. I cannot even imagine how you are feeling. I really hope you can get some answers soon! (F)

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear this. I don't understand why such long checks at NVC on a K1 before the interview. I know I've been told they do checks at each step in the process, but we were only at NVC a few days. Is that long enough to do a check? Months, as in your case, seems to be a bit excessive to me. But, of course I think our 3 months is too. I cannot even imagine how you are feeling. I really hope you can get some answers soon! (F)

Thanks for your support. According to NVC, they're not doing the checks "Washington Agencies" are and they have to send the clearance to NVC, before NVC could forward the case to Frankfurt.

I wonder if they're just giving me the run around and I will never get an answer. :crying::crying::crying:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

Filed: Timeline

Someone shared some info with me today regarding slow movements at the Embassy in Cairo. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here. They apologized for the long wait (hahaha... oh if I had gun...) but it was due to the many escalating "issues" in the Middle East and they are a bit short handed of officers. I wonder if the other embassies are experiencing this same shuffling around. If so that might explain a lot of things. I know Cairo had seemed to slow way down long about March. Sure hope it doesn't get much slower! We'll have to plant stakes in the ground just to see if anything is actually moving...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Would somone please explain to me why there are checks at the Service Center, then NVC then DOS but they all refer to DOS. Why the HEL* don't they just have them done at one time... since they always refer you to DOS any freaking way.

And what is this that they "can't" tell you? I mean really!! If they were going to find something that shouldn't be there ( I want statistics on how many people they have caught using these stinking checks) then either we the SO know, or SHOULD know! So why all the damn secrecy?

Sorry everyone, but this entire process must have been created by "challenged" people.

Ok done venting promise!!

Ali (Iran) & Joye (US)....... Our Journey.........

Feb 28th 2004 :) We met in Cebu PI

April 1st 2004- I went home to US

May 1st 2004- Moved to Cebu

May 28th 2004- MARRIED!

Feb 7 2005 - Back to the US

July 8 2005- Send I-130

July 11 2005- recv'd I-130 NOA1

July 22 2005- Cebu for a visit

Aug 2 2005- Went home :( he went back to Iran)

Aug 12 2005- I was touched and didn't even know it!!!

1/12/06 - I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!! NOA2

2/14/06- Recv'd DS-3032/ I-864 Fee

2/15/06 - Mailed $70

2/27/06 - Emailed DS-3032

3/16/06 - Recv'd IV Bill

3/20/06 - Mailed $380

4/20/06 - Mailed I-864

4/21/06 - Mailed DS230 WOOHOO Come on NVC be quick about it...please??!

4/24/06 - NVC Recv'd I-864 and DS230

5/1/06 - Case Complete....... placed on Admin Processing

5/10/06 - CASE COMPLETE THANK YOU LORD!

5/12/06 - Case is on its way to Ankara!!! woohoo!!

5/16/06 - Delivered case to Ankara!!

6/6/06 - Interview!!!

7/27/06 - Ali's Birthday.....FBI CHECKS DONE!!

8/9/06 - VISA IN HAND WOOOT WOOT

9/1/06 - HE IS HERE HE IS HERE HE IS HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Would somone please explain to me why there are checks at the Service Center, then NVC then DOS but they all refer to DOS. Why the HEL* don't they just have them done at one time... since they always refer you to DOS any freaking way.

And what is this that they "can't" tell you? I mean really!! If they were going to find something that shouldn't be there ( I want statistics on how many people they have caught using these stinking checks) then either we the SO know, or SHOULD know! So why all the damn secrecy?

Sorry everyone, but this entire process must have been created by "challenged" people.

I've never understood any of this either, the different levels, the secrecy, the delays, etc... AR/AP has truly been one of the most challenging and trying experiences of my life that's for sure. I pray that insha'Allah there is a happy ending for all of us in the very near future.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline

I've never understood any of this either, the different levels, the secrecy, the delays, etc... AR/AP has truly been one of the most challenging and trying experiences of my life that's for sure. I pray that insha'Allah there is a happy ending for all of us in the very near future.

I have to agree this has been the most challenging experience in my life. I never thought when I started this process, it would take this much patience and energy from me. I'm not sorry that I'm going through this. I'm so thankful that God brought us together. I also don't understand all the secrecy. God will give me more patient.

And Ladies, Please join me and others to pray together for all of us to get through this process. Some ladies and I have planned to pray on Saturdays. Anytime that would work for you. We want to unite through our prayers and God willing we shall get through this and see the light at the end.

:star::star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
And Ladies, Please join me and others to pray together for all of us to get through this process. Some ladies and I have planned to pray on Saturdays. Anytime that would work for you. We want to unite through our prayers and God willing we shall get through this and see the light at the end.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Filed: Timeline

After this experience, I doubt I'll ever stop praying for those going through it.

Bismillah arakma arahim. I pray for each and every person to find new strength in themselves, to find beauty in small things, to never forget why they started this journey, and for their relationships to grow deeper and stronger with every passing day. And most of all I pray the system can remember the hearts and emotions of those petitioners and beneficiaries that are already taxed by their separations and longings and find speedy and positive closure to all those deserving souls out there.

Ameen. (F)

I was put on AP on july 5 and it's truely one of the worst experience in this process....I have a question ........I may be jumping ahead but does anyone know what happenes if they refuse you a visa after this check..........How long do you have to wait to reaply............I'm already starting to lose hope.........Well Best of luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

AUG 24-2005 SENT I -130

AUG 26 2005 NOA 1 RECEIPT

JAN 24-2006 NOA 2 APPROVAL

AT NVC

02/02/2006 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED BY NVC

02/09/2006 NVC GENERATED I864 AND DS 230 FEE BILLS

02/13/2006 LAWYER RECEIVES AND SENDS OUT FEE BILLS

02/25/2006 NVC CASHED FEE BILLS

02/28/2006 NVC GENERATES PACKET OF INFORMATION (I864 AND DS 230)

03/06/2006 LAWYER RECIEVES PACKET OF INFORMATION

04/18/2006 SENT OUT PACKET OF INFORMATION

04/21/2006 NVC RECIEVED PACKET OF INFORMATION

04/28/2006 RFE (LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FOR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER)

04/29/2006 FAXED RFE

05/09/2006 RE-FAXED RFE WITH BARCODE SHEET AND ALSO SENT IT IN MAIL

05/10/2006 NVC RECIEVED RFE AND STARTS REVIEW

05/18/2006 CASE COMPLET

06/03/2006 CASE SENT TO COUNSULAT

07/05/2006 INTERVIEW DATE

07/05/2006 PUT ON A/P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think if you're on AP for security checks at DOS then the only reason they would deny you at this point would be a problem with your SO's background... if they find something when they are doing a name check.

I think!

Someone else can probably help ya.

Good luck,

Zarah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.