sarah and hicham

AP- Security checks in Washington

105 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ahhh I am so annoyed I called DOS again and they said "This case is in security checks in Washington. They are not cleared yet."

Why did the lady earlier tell me they were all complete and cleared? Good thing I didn't get my hopes up.

I cannot believe how many inconsistencies there are each time I call. It is pretty unbelievable.

Ok now I talked to Rose at DOS and she said his name is clear the Consulate will contact your fiance. This is seriously making me crazy I need to stop using my phone.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Did you say you emailed the Consulate? When I last called DOS they told me that emails to the Consulate were my best bet for the most recent activity, but we all know getting a reply isn't always timely. I can just imagine how you feel right now. Smile and trust things will be as soon as they are supposed to be. (Want to punch me now?)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

haha thanks Jean. I know I really can't complain because most of you women here have been waiting a LOT longer but I just wish I could get a consistent answer. I am going down to my Congresswoman's office this afternoon and I emailed the Consulate and they usually take 2-3 weeks or more to answer so that just sucks. I hope you're doing well I know you have been so much more patient than I have and no I don't want to punch you yet haha.

Sarah

haha thanks Jean. I know I really can't complain because most of you women here have been waiting a LOT longer but I just wish I could get a consistent answer. I am going down to my Congresswoman's office this afternoon and I emailed the Consulate and they usually take 2-3 weeks or more to answer so that just sucks. I hope you're doing well I know you have been so much more patient than I have and no I don't want to punch you yet haha.

Sarah

"YET" hahahahahahahahaha

Bless ya. Hey, no one blames you for complaining. I certainly don't. This whole waiting thing becomes subjective anyway... doesn't matter if its 10 days or 10 months... just plain sucks. Me??? PATIENT??? *frantically tries to wipe the drool off her chin and twitches* Um, yeah... I'm patient... sure. *cough*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I would have to strongly suggest to limit your calls to DOS - I've been doing this for 6 months and just recently I went through a whole two weeks w/o calling them, and believe me, even though I was sad that nothing happened during that time, I was still so much more at ease and mentally stable NOT hearing "pending" or "in Washington for clearance" or "we don't know" or "we can't tell you exactly what the delay is about - it's case by case"... and of course my favorite, "the embassy will call your fiance when it's finished"... I figured I know all of these things so why keep calling... but then again hope springs eternal, and I find myself calling, when they pick up my heart starts racing in anticipation that "this time" I'll hear something different, and then when I hear the same old same old, I have a major emotional crash and am bummed and crying for the rest of the day...

I am very grateful for this forum though, if I didn't have someone/anyone to vent to about this who knew what I was going through, I think I would have lost my mind a long time ago... the only other thing, and most importantly for me, is faith and prayers... Allah knows best and I have to remind myself of that constantly... even if my fiance (God forbid) isn't meant to come for another 6 months, it would still be nice and calming to know that it will happen and at a time certain... you can't plan things, you can't move on w/ your life w/ such an important part missing!! I can't believe my family almost put down deposits and starting planning a wedding back in NOVEMBER!!! It's July and we're still waiting.....

<sigh> ... sorry all... just needed to get that off my chest... AR really does suck...

wishing everyone the best insha'Allah...

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

I would have to strongly suggest to limit your calls to DOS - I've been doing this for 6 months and just recently I went through a whole two weeks w/o calling them, and believe me, even though I was sad that nothing happened during that time, I was still so much more at ease and mentally stable NOT hearing "pending" or "in Washington for clearance" or "we don't know" or "we can't tell you exactly what the delay is about - it's case by case"... and of course my favorite, "the embassy will call your fiance when it's finished"... I figured I know all of these things so why keep calling... but then again hope springs eternal, and I find myself calling, when they pick up my heart starts racing in anticipation that "this time" I'll hear something different, and then when I hear the same old same old, I have a major emotional crash and am bummed and crying for the rest of the day...

I am very grateful for this forum though, if I didn't have someone/anyone to vent to about this who knew what I was going through, I think I would have lost my mind a long time ago... the only other thing, and most importantly for me, is faith and prayers... Allah knows best and I have to remind myself of that constantly... even if my fiance (God forbid) isn't meant to come for another 6 months, it would still be nice and calming to know that it will happen and at a time certain... you can't plan things, you can't move on w/ your life w/ such an important part missing!! I can't believe my family almost put down deposits and starting planning a wedding back in NOVEMBER!!! It's July and we're still waiting.....

<sigh> ... sorry all... just needed to get that off my chest... AR really does suck...

wishing everyone the best insha'Allah...

HUGS!!!! Moh is asking me every week to call DOS. Oh the nerves I go through every time the line is answered. I think NOT calling too often is a good idea because I've seen so many times on here people getting conflicting stories, not knowing what to think, and having absolutely no way to get to the bottom line. Sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. That being said... I've been requested by a rather handsome Egyptian to call DOS tomorrow about our case status... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA... *burp*

*wipes more drool and laughs nervously*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Ugh reading about all of us that are waiting for these security checks is making me soo sad. :crying: I just want my dang husband. Yep, there is my vent. I seriously wonder if I will recognize him!! I hope i dont take the wong guy home from the airport!!

My prayers are with you all!! I hope the DOH gets off their a** and over their hangovers quickly and we all get the final approval of our journey from hell.

<yeash i'm cranky, sorry!!>

Joye

Ali (Iran) & Joye (US)....... Our Journey.........

Feb 28th 2004 :) We met in Cebu PI

April 1st 2004- I went home to US

May 1st 2004- Moved to Cebu

May 28th 2004- MARRIED!

Feb 7 2005 - Back to the US

July 8 2005- Send I-130

July 11 2005- recv'd I-130 NOA1

July 22 2005- Cebu for a visit

Aug 2 2005- Went home :( he went back to Iran)

Aug 12 2005- I was touched and didn't even know it!!!

1/12/06 - I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!! NOA2

2/14/06- Recv'd DS-3032/ I-864 Fee

2/15/06 - Mailed $70

2/27/06 - Emailed DS-3032

3/16/06 - Recv'd IV Bill

3/20/06 - Mailed $380

4/20/06 - Mailed I-864

4/21/06 - Mailed DS230 WOOHOO Come on NVC be quick about it...please??!

4/24/06 - NVC Recv'd I-864 and DS230

5/1/06 - Case Complete....... placed on Admin Processing

5/10/06 - CASE COMPLETE THANK YOU LORD!

5/12/06 - Case is on its way to Ankara!!! woohoo!!

5/16/06 - Delivered case to Ankara!!

6/6/06 - Interview!!!

7/27/06 - Ali's Birthday.....FBI CHECKS DONE!!

8/9/06 - VISA IN HAND WOOOT WOOT

9/1/06 - HE IS HERE HE IS HERE HE IS HERE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Well after reading everyones posts, i decided to call DOS. I spoke with a really nice lady by the name of Rose. She said the clearance is still PENDING. I asked her how many were requested, and she said only one. But the way things are going it could be 5 for all i really. They did say 4 to 6 weeks, and we are in the middle of four weeks, so maybe i am being just a wee bit impatient :blush:

Thank you for starting this thread!!

Joye

Ali (Iran) & Joye (US)....... Our Journey.........

Feb 28th 2004 :) We met in Cebu PI

April 1st 2004- I went home to US

May 1st 2004- Moved to Cebu

May 28th 2004- MARRIED!

Feb 7 2005 - Back to the US

July 8 2005- Send I-130

July 11 2005- recv'd I-130 NOA1

July 22 2005- Cebu for a visit

Aug 2 2005- Went home :( he went back to Iran)

Aug 12 2005- I was touched and didn't even know it!!!

1/12/06 - I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!! NOA2

2/14/06- Recv'd DS-3032/ I-864 Fee

2/15/06 - Mailed $70

2/27/06 - Emailed DS-3032

3/16/06 - Recv'd IV Bill

3/20/06 - Mailed $380

4/20/06 - Mailed I-864

4/21/06 - Mailed DS230 WOOHOO Come on NVC be quick about it...please??!

4/24/06 - NVC Recv'd I-864 and DS230

5/1/06 - Case Complete....... placed on Admin Processing

5/10/06 - CASE COMPLETE THANK YOU LORD!

5/12/06 - Case is on its way to Ankara!!! woohoo!!

5/16/06 - Delivered case to Ankara!!

6/6/06 - Interview!!!

7/27/06 - Ali's Birthday.....FBI CHECKS DONE!!

8/9/06 - VISA IN HAND WOOOT WOOT

9/1/06 - HE IS HERE HE IS HERE HE IS HERE

I hope your case is concluded soon. I know your jitters. I called DOS yesterday and also lucked into talking to a woman who was genuinely interested in helping me through my meltdown. She went through everything very carefully and told me there were no problems noted and he is just waiting out security checks too. I hate this not knowing WHEN stuff... but isn't it wonderful to find a person at the other end of the phone who will HELP? :D

Timeline

When is this going to end??? :crying: Yes, I realize I'm whining and I'm being a crybaby - but I just don't know how much more of this I can handle!!! Going into this I was told that it would take about 4-6 months... it has now been 6 MONTHS since the freakin interview!!! (total of almost 15 months)

I'm sorry all - I'm just having a very difficult time today - i called DOS yesterday and got a "still pending" and then I emailed the embassy only to get a boilerplate response about the case going through admin processing!!!

:help: I think I'm going to lose my mind... I'm trying soooo hard to be positive and to remember (and I do know) that Allah is in charge and it'll happen when He wills, and that there are others who have been going through the process nightmare longer and/or harder... I just need something - a bone, a ray of light, something!! this is consuming my every minute, every second, I can't sleep a full night b/c of it... and it's getting harder and harder to get up every day and "fake it"... I'm going to less social events, I avoid family and friends cause I know I'm no pleasure to be around... I almost feel bipolar b/c of it since one minute I'm trying my best to be upbeat (and it probably comes out as overexaggerated) and then the next minute I crash and just can't avoid it... I don't know what to do anymore :crying:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

AOS/EAD Timeline

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-15-06 - touched

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-15-07 - EAD touched

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear Fellow Sojourners:

Thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy for Sarah and Hicham, who apparently got the visa Friday! The information in this thread has been invaluable to me this morning. Aziz was given AP after his interview 5-31-06. We have been trying to wait patiently, but I am almost melting down now. His NOA approval expires next Friday. I sent a message to the consulate in Casa reminding them to please request an extension. I am considering calling an attorney and my senator and Casablanca by Tuesday if they don't answer my email tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you for sharing information.....for your humor (I need a drool rag too, Jean!) I just hope this process will be over for all of us very soon, and we will still retain enough sanity to enjoy life!

Susan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Dear Fellow Sojourners:

Thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy for Sarah and Hicham, who apparently got the visa Friday! The information in this thread has been invaluable to me this morning. Aziz was given AP after his interview 5-31-06. We have been trying to wait patiently, but I am almost melting down now. His NOA approval expires next Friday. I sent a message to the consulate in Casa reminding them to please request an extension. I am considering calling an attorney and my senator and Casablanca by Tuesday if they don't answer my email tomorrow.

Thank you, thank you for sharing information.....for your humor (I need a drool rag too, Jean!) I just hope this process will be over for all of us very soon, and we will still retain enough sanity to enjoy life!

Susan

Hi Susan...I am sorry that they are making your wait so long...Jamal was in a similar situation like your Aziz...and when I called DOS they told me that it would be extended automatically...the consulate was giving me a run around and just sending me some standard e-mails to my inquiries...I will pray that you will hear from them soon...Best of luck...Dorothy

To all if you that are still waiting...my prayers are with all of you...I hope that things will get moving soon...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline
I was still so much more at ease and mentally stable NOT hearing "pending" or "in Washington for clearance" or "we don't know" or "we can't tell you exactly what the delay is about - it's case by case"... and of course my favorite, "the embassy will call your fiance when it's finished"... I figured I know all of these things so why keep calling...

This is how I ended up looking like when I finally cleared the AR process.

michael_unabomber_halloween_03.jpg

My IR-1 Consular Proccess
11.05.2005: Interview Success at London, England.
03.02.2011: Naturalized Citizen.

Wife IR-1 Petition
09.01.2012: Met wife in Melbourne, Australia.
05.16.2013: Marriage Ceremony.
05.19.2013: I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox.
05.21.2013: I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox. Routed to NBC.
05.24.2013: I-130 Fee Check Cashed.
05.28.2013: Notice of Action (NOA-1).

Adjustment of Status from B2 Vistior Visa

09.06.2013: I-485 sent with copy of I-130 and I-765.

09.07.2013: I-485 packet arrived Chicago Lockbox.

09.09.2013: I-485 packet accepted.

09.10.2013. I-485 and I-765 case numbers assigned, and check cashed.

09.10.2013: Notice of Action (NOA-1) for I-1485 arrived via email.

09.18.2013: Biometrics Fingerprints Appointment.

XX.XX.XXXX: Employment Authorization Card

Timeline
:lol: that's hilarious... I wonder if my fiance is looking like that?? Someone else had mentioned the possibility of not recognizing her SO and taking the wrong guy home from the airport... I'll be sure to look for someone looking like this if I don't find anyone looking like what I remember my fiance looking like... :lol:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

AOS/EAD Timeline

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-15-06 - touched

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-15-07 - EAD touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.