Matt & Jovy

Filipino foods that my Kano fiance doesnt like

169 posts in this topic

He he they're just teasing i guess,even hubby calls our foods a ####### foods hehe,but i dont take it seriously,as i know he dont really mean it...

of course he did not mean to hurt your feelings. but he mean it that filipino foods are #######. :D:P we have term of it " komedya dang tinood"

Good mowning mga amigas (yawn)ano na nangyayari dito?...i am not bothered if hubby mean it or not..as i call him Junk myself! :devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband, although of Filipino heritage, does not care for balut. He says he tried it once, when he was a teenager, but he threw up. He does not eat rice for lunch either, a tuna sandwich or a carne asada burrito or a Big Mac meal or a slice of ham and pineapple pizza will suffice. His dinner favorites are kinilaw na tuna, humba, kare-kare, pinapaitan and pinakbet.

Ate Tessa serve your husband a pinakbet,and sinanglaw,kilawen and he will Love you to the max! (Ilocano foods) :star:

I'd love to, but I don't know how to cook pinakbet and sinanglao. Kilawen na tuna, yes, I'm an expert in preparing that. Other things that he hates are bulalo, sisig and tilapia.

Ate Tessa let's make a deal..teach me how to prepare Kilawen na Tuna and i'll teach you how to cook pinakbet! :thumbs:

It's a deal MJ! All you need for kinilaw na tuna is vinegar, onions, ginger, bits of radish or cucumbers, salt or soy sauce and, of course, fresh diced tuna meat.

My new hometown - Corona, California

3307743289_c59d750f74_m.jpg

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

It's a deal MJ! All you need for kinilaw na tuna is vinegar, onions, ginger, bits of radish or cucumbers, salt or soy sauce and, of course, fresh diced tuna meat.

Ty Ate Tessa,okey for pinakbet ingredients :Talong na maliliit,Okra,Ampalaya na native,sili na mahaba,camote,camatis,konting luya,bawang,sibuyas,at siyempre bagoong,konting tubig,pagsamasamahin sa banga,pakuluan lang nang ilang minuto at siyempre bago mo iserve lagyan nang umami (vetsin)...serve with pritong isda and rice..:)

Edited by maritoni

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

bagoong is shrimp paste and guinamos is fermented small fish. perti lami-a mangga hilaw ug oyap dayun saging linung-ag paresan guinamos.

translation: green mango with bagoong then boiled bananas with guinamos is yummy!

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Ty Ate Tessa,okey for pinakbet ingredients :Talong na maliliit,Okra,Ampalaya na native,sili na mahaba,camote,camatis,konting luya,bawang,sibuyas,at siyempre bagoong,konting tubig,pagsamasamahin sa banga,pakuluan lang nang ilang minuto at siyempre bago mo iserve lagyan nang umami (vetsin)...serve with pritong isda and rice..:)

Camote? Camote leaves o camote roots mismo? Also, the pinakbet that we had at Azul had green beans and squash in it. Thanks MJ.

My new hometown - Corona, California

3307743289_c59d750f74_m.jpg

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

bagoong is shrimp paste and guinamos is fermented small fish. perti lami-a mangga hilaw ug oyap dayun saging linung-ag paresan guinamos.

translation: green mango with bagoong then boiled bananas with guinamos is yummy!

hehe She akala ko kung ano na yung sinasabi mo:)sarap nang boiled bananas but i cant match with ginamos...ulamin ko na lang hehe..

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Ty Ate Tessa,okey for pinakbet ingredients :Talong na maliliit,Okra,Ampalaya na native,sili na mahaba,camote,camatis,konting luya,bawang,sibuyas,at siyempre bagoong,konting tubig,pagsamasamahin sa banga,pakuluan lang nang ilang minuto at siyempre bago mo iserve lagyan nang umami (vetsin)...serve with pritong isda and rice.. :)

Camote? Camote leaves o camote roots mismo? Also, the pinakbet that we had at Azul had green beans and squash in it. Thanks MJ.

haha sorry po camote roots:))ayos po lahat yan ilagay,huag lang mga Talbos ate,kahit nga buto nang patani puede..:)

"Our Wedding Prayer"

hehe She akala ko kung ano na yung sinasabi mo:)sarap nang boiled bananas but i cant match with ginamos...ulamin ko na lang hehe..

with pritong isda on the side :blush: and dont forget an ice cold coke to go with it.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

NVC:

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

with pritong isda on the side :blush: and dont forget an ice cold coke to go with it.

Kumakain ba hubby mo nang nilagang saging sis?kumain minsan si mister pero pagkatapos nyang kainin kalahati ang sabi...That's junk! :devil:

Edited by maritoni

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Kumakain ba hubby mo nang nilagang saging sis?kumain minsan si mister pero pagkatapos nyang kainin kalahati ang sabi...That's junk! :devil:

nope hubby doesnt eat nilagang saging sis :blush: he likes beefsteak tagalog and grilled tuna.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

NVC:

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

shrimp paste is bagoong alamang right? nde ko lng alam kung ano ang bagoong isda sa english manang toni anu ti bagoong isda :crying:

Bagoong isda in short is anchovy sauce,other called it salted and fermented fresh fish ,Bagoong alamang is salted and fermented shrimps,in short shrimp paste :star:

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

nope hubby doesnt eat nilagang saging sis :blush: he likes beefsteak tagalog and grilled tuna.

Ayaw ni mister nang kahit na anong klaseng isda.Maliit man o malaki..pero gustong gusto nya nang prawns...lalo na yung luto kong prawn with curry and yoghurt.. :star:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Ayaw ni mister nang kahit na anong klaseng isda.Maliit man o malaki..pero gustong gusto nya nang prawns...lalo na yung luto kong prawn with curry and yoghurt.. :star:

hello everybody! ang sarap naman ng usapan dito nakakgutom! :lol: ate toni, i love prawn/shrimp, ganun din ang asawa ko kaya lang he doesnt like it kapag magbabalat pa siya coz it takes time for him :lol: so ang giagawa ko ipinagbabalat ko muna siya before i start eating.. :lol:. ate, shrimp with curry and yogurt? wow! sounds good! may i have the recipe pls? hehe..i wanna try it today so when my husband get here i can make it for him..hehe

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

hello everybody! ang sarap naman ng usapan dito nakakgutom! :lol: ate toni, i love prawn/shrimp, ganun din ang asawa ko kaya lang he doesnt like it kapag magbabalat pa siya coz it takes time for him :lol: so ang giagawa ko ipinagbabalat ko muna siya before i start eating.. :lol: . ate, shrimp with curry and yogurt? wow! sounds good! may i have the recipe pls? hehe..i wanna try it today so when my husband get here i can make it for him..hehe

Binabalatan ko na bago ko pa sya iluto...ang prawns kasi ay may dumi sa likod kung napapansin mo..at heto ang method nang pagluto nang prawns/shrimp...at least my method;)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon sunflower oil

1 onion,chopped

1 clove garlic,crushed

2 tablespoons indian curry paste,eg madras

230g/ 7 1/2oz tin of tomatoes

340g/ 12 oz. raw prawns,peeled and deveined

5 tablespoons greek yoghurt

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

To serve:Rice,Chopped coriander

Method

1)Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a low heat for ten minutes,or until nearly soft.

2)Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for a further 30 seconds.Add the tomatoes,bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.

3)Add the prawns and simmer for a further 3 minutes or until cooked.

4)Stir in the greek yoghurt and coriander and then serve immidiately with rice.

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.