Matt & Jovy

Filipino foods that my Kano fiance doesnt like

169 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I want to list here the food that I like but he doesnt want to taste (or taste ever again)...

1. Isaw (chicken intestine)

2. Dinuguan (or what he called chocolate meat)

3. Fish belly

4. Tuwalya (ox tripe).

5. Balot......

Most of this ###### is not fit for human consumption with zero nutritional value. For starters, animal stomach, intestine and blood harbor E Coli.

I eat to fuel my body and choose wisley what I put into it for that purpose. All of what you list, typically end up as pet food ingredients here in the US. That is the disparity between 1st world and 3rd world.

May be, may be not. I am sure you have heard or seen of people eating cow tongue, testicles, balls, etc in US. Also worms, at least here in the city I am living in, they have this fall festival where a lot of vendors from all over US presents a lot of "weird" food.

I take offence on your statement. No body is forcing you to eat anything, so don't look down upon something which you don't like. If you think US is the holy place for healthy food, you should check the facts again. I have never seen this much intake of sodium back in my old country compared to US. Every fast food restaurant is filled with sodium infected menu. I don't like it, I don't eat it.

People from all over the world have known to use every last bit of meat, tree, vegetable in whatever way they can. So get off your high horse and look around the world.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I want to list here the food that I like but he doesnt want to taste (or taste ever again)...

3. Fish belly

4. Tuwalya (ox tripe).

5. Balot......

Most of this ###### is not fit for human consumption with zero nutritional value. For starters, animal stomach, intestine and blood harbor E Coli.

I eat to fuel my body and choose wisley what I put into it for that purpose. All of what you list, typically end up as pet food ingredients here in the US. That is the disparity between 1st world and 3rd world.

May be, may be not. I am sure you have heard or seen of people eating cow tongue, testicles, balls, etc in US. Also worms, at least here in the city I am living in, they have this fall festival where a lot of vendors from all over US presents a lot of "weird" food.

I take offence on your statement. No body is forcing you to eat anything, so don't look down upon something which you don't like. If you think US is the holy place for healthy food, you should check the facts again. I have never seen this much intake of sodium back in my old country compared to US. Every fast food restaurant is filled with sodium infected menu. I don't like it, I don't eat it.

People from all over the world have known to use every last bit of meat, tree, vegetable in whatever way they can. So get off your high horse and look around the world.

:yes: good job trinket!

Edited by sojen

3. Fish belly

4. Tuwalya (ox tripe).

5. Balot......

I 100% agree with you Trinket :thumbs: We people eat some very disgusting things.Filipinos eat Duck fetuses(Balut)

Fish heads in Scotland, ox penises in China, pig intestines the American south, spiders in Cambodia, field rats in North Korea, cow kidneys in England, hog brains in the Ohio River Valley, cow tongue in Mexico.Some may think these exotic foods are far removed from their own neat, civilized existence. But people from First world country also eat a goopy liquid that oozes from the body of an insect -- honey.They also eat rodent hair, insect parts, beetle eggs, and mites every day....probably SWMbob dont!!I wonder if he be able to drink perfectly pure water recycled from urine, as astronauts do!!

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Husband eats anything what I cook and serve so everyday i always cook filipino dish but one thing he hates to eat is the salted shrimp paste (bagoong alamang). He said its super mabaho!!! Heehehe, His favorite food in the Phils is grilled Tuna and Kinilaw, yumyum....

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

My husband, although of Filipino heritage, does not care for balut. He says he tried it once, when he was a teenager, but he threw up. He does not eat rice for lunch either, a tuna sandwich or a carne asada burrito or a Big Mac meal or a slice of ham and pineapple pizza will suffice. His dinner favorites are kinilaw na tuna, humba, kare-kare, pinapaitan and pinakbet.

Ate Tessa serve your husband a pinakbet,and sinanglaw,kilawen and he will Love you to the max! (Ilocano foods) :star:

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

3. Fish belly

4. Tuwalya (ox tripe).

5. Balot......

Why do you think I'm looking down on anyone? I stated my opinion, same as you have, basing my opinion on fact, which one offends you?

The OP didn't list your delicacies... but if you enjoy a little tongue every once in awhile or testicles... More power to you!

sino na ba dito sa inyo nakakain ng weird foods? or exotic foods? ako palaka lang nakain ko...and its good but its gross thinking about eating frog hehehhehe...nakakain na ba kayo ng aso kasi di ba uso yan sa pinas...ako di pa..and wala rin akong balak...oh our neighbor in pi ate their aso...one time nakita ko may kinakatay sila so i tried to have a better view and i noticed it looked like an aso OMG it was their pet...hehehhehehe..gross so much...and just yesterday they ate the other aso. gross noh..

....probably SWMbob dont!!I wonder if he be able to drink perfectly pure water recycled from urine, as astronauts do!!

Just don't piss down my leg.....and tell me it's raining :jest: "Don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining." Roughly translated, that means when someone is doing something personally offensive to you, at least they should have the decency not to pretend they're NOT doing something personally offensive to you.

Whose being offensive here?read what you posted..BIGOT!

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Timeline
I have a long list of filipino foods husband doesn't like,but the two filipino favorites he dont really like are Balut and Toyo!when i eat Balut?he would say "no kiss for you after eating ####### foods" :devil:

Ate MJ, pareho pala sila ni Scott, no kiss daw if i won't brush my teeth after eating balut, hehehe... :lol:

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

I have a long list of filipino foods husband doesn't like,but the two filipino favorites he dont really like are Balut and Toyo!when i eat Balut?he would say "no kiss for you after eating ####### foods" :devil:

Ate MJ, pareho pala sila ni Scott, no kiss daw if i won't brush my teeth after eating balut, hehehe... :lol:

Hola Tin:)oo nga eh!hehe..kaya lang alam mo na kung susunod nun at lalo ko syang aasarin:P

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Timeline

Hola Tin:)oo nga eh!hehe..kaya lang alam mo na kung susunod nun at lalo ko syang aasarin:P

:lol:

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Isaw (chicken intestine ...one street of the popular street food here in the PI)...he tried kikiam and fishball though

2. Dinuguan (or what he called chocolate meat) he tried one sip but he said it tasted like iron

3. Fish belly (the best part of fish...especially for bangus (milkfish))... he just didnt like the soft texture and the black color of it

4. Tuwalya (ox tripe)...in kare-kare he just puked when he tried one bite...didnt the chewy texture

5. Balot...(a fertilized duck egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell-from wikipedia) ...he tried it the second night he was here...oh and I saw him all green and he was about to puke...

How about your fiance/fiancee?

Other things I noticed... they don`t eat full meals for lunch...and no (heavy) snacks (e.g. spaghetti, pancit, burger, etc) between meals. Hotdog is not a breakfast. No hotdog on spaghetti (but he likes sweet spaghetti, he even tried Jollibee spaghetti). They don`t use spoon to eat rice but they use fork instead.

My hubby doesnt go for filipino foods , he doesnt like something with garlic , kung minsan nga napapaisip ako , baka may lahing aswang( joke) , he is the very typical amerikano , who eats steak and bread ; but when we were on our honeymoon in Baguio I introduced him to Chowking , he kinda liked the sweet and sour pork , well it may not be filipino but he enjoyed it ; also i bought ensaymada , chicken and pork pie from Red Ribbon and he just loved it .

Filed: Timeline
sino na ba dito sa inyo nakakain ng weird foods? or exotic foods? ako palaka lang nakain ko...and its good but its gross thinking about eating frog hehehhehe...nakakain na ba kayo ng aso kasi di ba uso yan sa pinas...ako di pa..and wala rin akong balak...oh our neighbor in pi ate their aso...one time nakita ko may kinakatay sila so i tried to have a better view and i noticed it looked like an aso OMG it was their pet...hehehhehehe..gross so much...and just yesterday they ate the other aso. gross noh..

i have tasted frog meat, it taste like chiken

i think it's illegal to eat aso, correct me if i'm wrong

Filed: Other Timeline

Filipino foods that my Kano husband doesnt like

---dinuguan

----balot

---dried fish....and many more

Filipino food that my kano husband most favorate

---porkchop

---chicken/pork adobo with lots of garlic

---lumpia

I cook Filipino food as well as american food.

Edited by lotus101

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.