23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
HELLO EVERYBODY, really I do not know from where I start but i will try to explain and i hope that you can guide me and sorry from the beginning for my unperfected English grammar , i am CR1 case waited for 13 month to get my visa and only i dreamed to join with my real love as i thought ( i mean my puertorican wife - she is American citizen - ) and the relation was perfect for 2 years from the day we started the relation , anyway my dream turned into a nightmare in one moment and my wife felt change in her feelings before i receive my visa in a few days , then she start to no answer my calls and i did not understand nothing , so when i received the visa i thought only to go for her and try to fix the relation but i shocked when I went to her after 36 hour trip 18 hour in flight and 18 hours in transit and i went to her home in romantic surprise with roses in my hands and much gifts for her and her 3 lovely kids that i accepted them as a father from the first day , but all my dreams destroyed and she treated me so badly even i did not believe till now she is the same woman i loved and married .... , anyway she asked me to not stay in her home and only i stayed in very bad situation for one week in Puerto Rico tell i tried to make contacts with some people from my country ( EGYPT ) living in USA to help me even they are not a friends but they try to help me as much as they can and all i succeeded to make in the nightmare week spent in Puerto Rico that i got my SSN number (not the card ) which they will send to her address as she is my agent and the final address exists in my package from the embassy !!! , now i am in WASHINGTON DC , and i try to find a job and place to live in , cause i have been hosted at friends home about a week till now ,of course i can not back to my country and tell my family that i lost all , sorry for the long story , but all i need to guide me to understand my new situation and how i can keep living in USA as a legal immigrant after the new circumstance i tried to explain to you , thank you for all the people will try to replay or even pray for me .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If she had already said she didn't love you anymore and she wasn't taking your phone calls, maybe you shouldn't have sold everything and come to Puerto Rico after her? And if you're trying to win her back, maybe you shouldn't leave Puerto Rico and go to Washington?

You're sending off the wrong signs there, it'd seem you're here for the sake of being in the US and not for your wife. I'm sure people would advise you to seek an attorney or that you can stay legally some way but my advise in this situation is that if you can't patch things up with your wife you should get a divorce and return home.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I wonder how much longer it will be before she drops a dime on you to the DHS, and starts civil proceedings against you. Use what money you have and go home, before you are completely broke.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You know what you should do brother. Go back home and face your mistake like a man. Your family and oh yah peers (who cares) will or will not understand. Who cares its what is right, or righting your wrong. Puerto Ricans are a typically strong tight community of family as is your culture. A catholic culture, latin and basically male dominated. They too stay tight within thier culture, families and religion. Why you did not realize this going into a marriage. You seem to got caught up in the fantasy of coming oversease to the states. Puerto Rica is not a state. Was she willing to move away to the mainland convert to Islam asand the kids too ,give up majority of her culture and adopt your ways?? Didi you settle this before marriage. What about the real victims here her children. What of thier father and his fanily thier culture. How much time did she spend with you and your famil y in Egypt. He chldren did they meet with Grandma and Grandpa in Egypt,accept the culture rules? Im guessing not. Instead probably a whilrwind sweep her off her feet passionate relationship.Sure you offered to be a man and help take care of her kids, Im probably thinking the only way you know the Egyptian way. When reality hit and what acconmodations, trials and so on her and children would have to do to make you comfortable and happy, she bailed and rightly so. Be a man , quit whining, tuck your tail in and go back home brother. Deal with it like a man. If i was the consular officer @ the embassy I would have questioned this relation ship from the get go. AllAh Hafiz take care of it, quit playing victim, you help create your mess!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Puerto Rica is not a state. Was she willing to move away to the mainland convert to Islam asand the kids too ,give up majority of her culture and adopt your ways??

What does this have to do with the OP's situation?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well first off I'm sorry to hear your sad story .

I don't like to comment that kinda topics . but anyway that woman does not deserve your love . look at the picture. you sold everything in Egypt to be with her .you crossed the ocean to be with that woman . and you was waiting 2 years for that day to be with her . but she did not appreciate all of that . which mean she does not love you anymore .

and maybe she found someone else .

My thought to you now try to live your life . if you think you can survive in USA OK go on . i understand what you really talking about . its so hard to go back to Egypt now .

If you want to hear my advice from a man to man ( be a man and kick that woman out of your life . she does not deserve your love .)

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

thank you so much for supporting me and sorry cause i can not access daily to the internet but really i wonder if i can have legal job in USA till the 2 years ends even she asked for divorce now ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well first off I'm sorry to hear your sad story .

I don't like to comment that kinda topics . but anyway that woman does not deserve your love . look at the picture. you sold everything in Egypt to be with her .you crossed the ocean to be with that woman . and you was waiting 2 years for that day to be with her . but she did not appreciate all of that . which mean she does not love you anymore .

and maybe she found someone else .

My thought to you now try to live your life . if you think you can survive in USA OK go on . i understand what you really talking about . its so hard to go back to Egypt now .

If you want to hear my advice from a man to man ( be a man and kick that woman out of your life . she does not deserve your love .)

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

thank you so much for supporting me and sorry cause i can not access daily to the internet but really i wonder if i can have legal job in USA till the 2 years ends even she asked for divorce now ?

If you have a SSC and if you have a GC yeah you can .but if you don't have that it wil be kinda hard to have a job .

Good luck .

MENA

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.