7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I've been reading the forums for a while now but this is my first time posting here. I am an Indian citizen married (entered in '01 on F-1 and then been on H-1 since '03) to a USC for about 2 yrs now. We went to our AOS interview in Philly today. It was scheduled at 7.30 am but we got there by 6.55 am. It was raining a lil' but the guards who were already there didn't want to let us in until 7.25 am. As we got inside, the guard told us that the X ray machines were not working so they had to check each bag individually - wasn't really that bad. Btw,don't expect to see any smile on their faces - it's a Federal Building and they make you very much aware of that. Anyhoo...we walked in, produced our interview letter to the guy behind this glass screen. After 25 minutes which somehow felt like 25 hours, this really nice lady called us inside. After brief introductions and an oath, she got down to business. I have to admit - I was expecting the immigration officer to be kinda mean or have a poker face but this lady had a very pleasant smile and when requesting for additional documentation, she commented how she was glad that I was all organized (thanks to these forums - i put all the docs in a nice lil' binder). She asked my wife and I some basic questions - where were you born, how old are you, what is ur SSN, what is ur address and where did u get married. She also had asked me some questions about my last entry into US and then asked for our birth certificates,took our tax return and left her office to make some copies. When she came back, she started explaining how USCIS has started stamping green card approvals on the applicant's passport as they were facing some delays with card production. My wife and I looked at each other and I was like - so..are we approved? She smiled and said YES. The funniest thing was I psyched my wife so much about this interview that she couldn't help but tell the lady - BUT...you haven't looked at our wedding album or my scrap book yet (she maintained this really nice scrap book since the day we met :))! The lady smiled again and said...sorry about that but we believe your marriage is genuine,so we don't really need more information. She also mentioned that they were satisfied with the documentation that we we provided with our application (deed on our house,the mortage statements and insurance card etc.) to make a reasonable judgment on our marriage.

She requested us to sit outside in the waiting room while she stamped my passport and after ten minutes,Voila! :) The stamp is valid for 1 year and IF I don't get my card within 1 year, I could schedule an appointment via Infopass and get an extension. However, I checked my status on the website today and it's already been updated to 'card production ordered'. :)

We were outside the building by 8.30 am!

Overall....an amazing experience and hats off to Philly USCIS for their professional handling of our case.

I don't remember the exact dates of my visa journey but I am going to give it a shot.

1/31/09 - 485,765,131 and other fun stuff filed

2/24/09 - Received 'Receipt Letters'

2/26/09 - Biometrics Interview letter

3/26/09 - Biometrics taken

4/17/09 - Received AOS appointment letter

6/12/09 - Interview APPROVED :-)

6/12/09 - Card Production Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!! I am also in Philly :D

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well Fellas...I got my 'Welcome to USA' notice in the mail today! :no: Now I just have to wait for my actual Green Card.

1/31/09 - 485,765,131 and other fun stuff filed

2/24/09 - Received 'Receipt Letters'

2/26/09 - Biometrics Interview letter

3/26/09 - Biometrics taken

4/17/09 - Received AOS appointment letter

6/12/09 - Interview APPROVED :-)

6/12/09 - Card Production Ordered

6/17/09 - Welcome to USA

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.