LovingColombia

We have not seen eachother in more than 2 years!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
So - your last chance is that he get caught up on his child support (below $2,500.00) - get a passport, and come visit you to meet the requirements.

Without meeting, you cannot get the K-1. You could apply for a waiver, doubtful it will get approved, as noted above. Lack of payment of child support does not equal "hardship".

Exactly right brother. Lack of payment of child support is absolutely NOT a hardship --- :no:

Unfortunately, USCIS cares not that because he was wrongly in jail you couldn't apply in time to meet the 2 year requirement. The upside is that he has been proven innocent, and no longer in jail...so that 'hardship' is no longer upon you. he can now concentrate on getting his bills paid and coming to see you. :)

good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

:( Thanks I Kinda knew that... I was more hoping for the year he was kept in jail although he was inocent. Which was really the reason we did not apply while we still had time.

Thanks...

He's going to need a passport, period. He has to make a current trip to establish the engagement and it is highly recommended he attend the interview at the consulate at the appropriate time.

Suggestion!

I believe, not sure, but I believe that he might be able to get a waiver from the local family court for a passport, he needs to consult a family court attorney.

If the court feels he's not a flight risk they might issue an order allowing it.

Not sure what jurisdiction his child support case is from, but usually paternity and child support are established at a point in time.

Here in New Jersey, for example, child support payments begin to accrue at the earliest on the first hearing date at a court appearance. It doesn't go back in time to the moment of birth because the father didn't know he had a child. It might be possible he doesn't have his facts in order, might have moved and had an outstanding case, etc.

Good luck.

Surf,

05/26/2009 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

05/28/2009 - I-129F Received by VSC

05/29/2009 - NOA1 Date & mailed by VSC

06/02/2009 - Check Cashed by VSC

06/03/2009 - Got Case Number from back of canceled check image

06/04/2009 - Received NOA1, postmarked 06/02/2009

09/10/2009 - Amended Notice I-797 Email?

09/15/2009 - NVC Received file

09/16/2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!

09/17/2009 - NVC sent file to consulate

09/25/2009 - Consulate received hardcopy file

RV .'.

Leidys and I have our fingers crossed for you! :thumbs:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

It IS a mental hardship, but not one by USCIS. They have let pregnant applicants go be sick and depressed and didn't expediate the cases. As you know many of the VJ'ers have suffered as well, Sara has waited two years for only...approval. Yes, seriously, so the process will take over 3-4 years to complete if this goes on. I am very sorry for all this heart ache, but this cannot be expediated. Pray to the Almighty and you will be with your lover soon. Follow the process as it goes, do every step correctly and it will be as fast as it can be.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.