domegirl1978

How often to you get to see your fiance/spouse?

46 posts in this topic

i go see my wife from new orleans to candelaria, about 4 hours from manila, philippines every 3 months.lol

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also I only have a 45 minutes drive and we see each other pretty much every weekend.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We used to visit every 3-8 weeks, depending on flights and our schedules. We hadn't done an 8 week stretch in at least 3 years or so before I moved.

We used to talk pretty much every night for about an hour give or take. Once I started working, we talked a bit less because usually I was exhausted because my commute was long and my job was intense.

We did this for almost 6 years... crazy now that it's over! I feel much more well rested now and my hearing has improved! Yay.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We used to visit every 3-8 weeks, depending on flights and our schedules. We hadn't done an 8 week stretch in at least 3 years or so before I moved.

We used to talk pretty much every night for about an hour give or take. Once I started working, we talked a bit less because usually I was exhausted because my commute was long and my job was intense.

We did this for almost 6 years... crazy now that it's over! I feel much more well rested now and my hearing has improved! Yay.

That's good to hear Sapphire!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We see each other every 3 weeks or so... it's a 5/6-hour drive and he comes to Montreal nearly as often as I go to Boston. It did happen a few times where we made the trip two consecutive weekends, and the longest we've been appart is 6 weeks and we bought felt that this was too long. Visits are scheduled around long weekends/Holidays, so we can stay together as long as possible.

Timeline

On average, I get to see my fiance every 3 weeks. I guess it helps that I work in the airline industry! You should see the number of boarding passes I have collected!!!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

u all are so lucky perviz and i have not seen each other in a little over two years. our religion does not allow any alone time before marraige but still it was nice to be together in the same country hold hands walk talk......so i do a lot of calling and he comes to chat as often as he can.

sara

Timeline

My fiance and i see each other every 4 - 6 weeks...we are lucky because my fiance travels alot for work and his company allows him to collect the air miles and use for personal use - so that way i don't have to pay for my ticket...we talk every day at least twice a day...he is the first voice i hear in the morning and the last voice i hear before i go to bed. Needless to say, everytime one of us has to leave the other (as i'm sure it's the same for everyone here) it sucks and it never gets easier...but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I agree.... :thumbs:

You have to admit - we're all pretty lucky. When I read through other forums on this topic <<<<SHUDDER>>>> and see how infrequently couples actualy talk - I don't know how they can form any kind of real relationship. I always want to say something, but it just comes out judgemental.

And we all know no matter how much we talked and interacted - the actual move makes us homesick and crazy some days too.

Just a random thought

So true, because if you only see your SO one or two times before moving and marriage, I just wonder HOW well you really know that person? Then I see all those posts "I'm getting a divorce" because they didn't actually know them at all.

There are many more marriages whereby the couples don't get to know each other for long enough. It is when it is too late and they are already married that they realize that they have made the wrong choice there. And sad to say, those marriages end up with a lot of unhappiness, divorce, or even worse...

Isn't it a wonder why so many marriages (50%) end in divorce these days.....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

50% of marriages don't end in divorce because the two people haven't spent enough time together.

They end in divorce because either they can't work it out or they don't want to work it out.

You keep bringing that 50% thing up... it could happen to any one of us.

Donne moi une poptart!

Hi Everyone,

In answer to the following question:

Hi guys. I was thinking about it last night and thought I'd post a thread asking everyone how often you get to see your fiances/spouses?

Lol...The current answer....every day.....I see my husband (in fact he is sitting next to me as I type on the computer...)

Ok...But back in our long-distance relationship days, years ago....

Since we lived a few hours away from each other between Canada and the USA, we were very fortunate in that regard, as we could have very frequent in-person visits with each other.

Our visits were more like "live-in" situations, where we spent 2 weeks out of out of every month with each other, for about 2-3 years or so in Canada whereby D would visit and live with me there (I couldn't go visit him in the USA, due to other reasons/obligations)

And when we were apart...we would e-mail/instant message/webcam/snail mail each other frequently, about 3-6 hours a day...

Lol...I guess you can say that we spent a little too much time with each other...But then again..there's no such thing as too much time for couples in love!

Funny though, how we were "so close yet so far" during our long distance days...

And funnier still, why did I move 300 miles/600 km and have to deal with the stressful and long process of "US immigration"?

Oh things we do for love!.... (L)

Oh yeah, we certainly did know a lot about each other during our long and frequent visits too.... :luv:

Needless to say, the border guards were quite familiar with D's travels over the border to Canada to see me..... :lol:

When it was my turn to visit with D in the USA, as soon as I could...

I visited, got married, decided to stay....and the rest is history..... (L)

How about you? How often do/did you get to see your significant other?

I bet you it's pretty often too, as Canada and the USA are so close to each other geographic-wise...

Ant (so close, yet so far....but now am close...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
50% of marriages don't end in divorce because the two people haven't spent enough time together.

They end in divorce because either they can't work it out or they don't want to work it out.

So true. While I would love to say I will be with my hubby forever and ever amen, I can't say 100% it will happen. Why? Because I cannot see into the future, 20-30 years down the road. I would like to think I will be, but things happen and you just never, ever know. Some couples I thought would be together forever get a divorce and it shocks me, not really anymore though.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

So true. While I would love to say I will be with my hubby forever and ever amen, I can't say 100% it will happen. Why? Because I cannot see into the future, 20-30 years down the road. I would like to think I will be, but things happen and you just never, ever know. Some couples I thought would be together forever get a divorce and it shocks me, not really anymore though.

I know like Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.. still trips me out! :o

No really... I was shocked when they divorced. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
:lol: Mine was Brad and Jen. They announced their divorce on my 25th birthday and I remember being so upset and shocked

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Hi Sprailenes and Everyone,

Yes, divorce can happen to anyone....Again, 50% of marriages end in divorce...enough said...

Either way, a marriage is worth working on and spending the time, energy, effort, etc. on, no matter what....

And if a couple can spend more quality time with each other to work their differences, surely there is more hope there?

So yes, the more quality time a couple spends together to work out the issues that are in the way, the more it can only help....

If not, don't waste your time and the rest of your life...just move on....

(Hope that divorce doesn't happen to any of you VJers out there though!)

Ant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.