panamania79

Stupid comments family and friends make about your SO.

71 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Today one of my idiotic co-workers just came out and said to me "With all the money you're spending,you should at least have somebody better looking than that." :wacko: I just looked at him like,####### ? :wacko:

What a jerk. I don't know how you held back from kicking their a$$

I was "warned" that he might be marrying me for a green card. Because job opportunities for well-educated software engineers in Germany are so dang scarce, clearly he needed to move to America for a better life.

Yeah, everyone automatically assumed that because my husband is from South America he's poor and using me for a greencard. I usually just keep my mouth shut but a few times I've put people in their place (my husband could easily support me where I wouldn't have to work in Peru, I'd probably have a housekeeper and everything lol - something I'll NEVER have here). I stay in the US because I want my children to grow up in NY, and I love it here. So does my husband actually.

My family is okay, my mom, sister and uncles love him and so does my grandmother. At first she was pretty skeptical but now she tells me she realizes why I wanted to be with him in the first place.

Some people are just ignorant. To be honest, I don't care what people think so it doesn't matter. I just laugh it off because those very same people who are being critical have had failed relationships in the past. Jealous much?

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (panamania79 @ Jun 11 2009, 10:24 PM)

Today one of my idiotic co-workers just came out and said to me "With all the money you're spending,you should at least have somebody better looking than that." I just looked at him like,####### ?

f##king #######.....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
I remember back when he came to visit and meet my family in 2003, my mother pulled me aside and said that he'd "...knock you up and leave, because that's what men do and what are you going to do when he does that? You aren't aborting my grandchild, but there is no way I am going to help you either."

:o:o

It wasn't insulting to my husband specifically, but a coworker asked if the language of Spain was Portuguese.

And about 1,000 people asked why I didn't just find someone here, but that's kinda normal...if I didn't love him so much I'd ask myself that, too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow that's a first, I mean, Spain and Spanish go really well hand in hand, the problem is people knowing that in the entire South America we are the only country that doesn't speak Spanish so for most Brazilians speak Spanish ... or Brazilian. :wacko:

Never in my life I heard someone think that they speak Portuguese in Spain.

And about us foreigns wanting the GC, well, my education formation and living conditions back home were better than here, but he didn't want to be supported by me until he could start a career there.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Today one of my idiotic co-workers just came out and said to me "With all the money you're spending,you should at least have somebody better looking than that." :wacko: I just looked at him like,####### ? :wacko:

I hope they know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And looks fades....so what is going to be left.

Timeline

:wacko: That almost seem like the person forgot he's not safe behind a computer to make such as shitty comment where all that can happen is being called a troll. Very poor form, this person sure doesn't know how to live in society and that comment is just ####### indeed.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Wow that's a first, I mean, Spain and Spanish go really well hand in hand, the problem is people knowing that in the entire South America we are the only country that doesn't speak Spanish so for most Brazilians speak Spanish ... or Brazilian. :wacko:

And about us foreigns wanting the GC, well, my education formation and living conditions back home were better than here, but he didn't want to be supported by me until he could start a career there.

Yeah, I had to bite my tongue and politely reply - it was a coworker. It hurt. I'm sure that you get tired of explaining about speaking Portuguese (I'm pretty sure we learned about that in history when I was in grade school :blink: ).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Many people won't believe you can have a good life somewhere other than the States, so I can't count how many times my fiance was "warned" that I only wanted the green card. One of his friends actually had the nerve to tell him, in the beginning of our relationship, that being from a third world country, I was possibly a trannie. Yeah, a freaking transvestite. You just ignore it and live your life. In the trannie case, a F#CK OFF came in handy.

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Never happened and if it wouldve. They would be disowned!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

All that negative posted so far including that marriage is stupid certainly was true in my first marriage. But all that has changed with my Latin American beauty, my family absolutely adores her and her family adores me, and we adore each other.

For a very attractive 40 year old single Venezuelan girl, a good friend of my wife, I am suppose to find a guy like me for her, I am still looking. LOL, my wife told me I can only have one, think the law mentions that as well.

My whole point is, is you don't succeed the first time, try again. If your own family is making negative comments, best defense is no defense, ignore them. Co-workers? Get back to work, that is the only reason why you are here.

Timeline
Never happened and if it wouldve. They would be disowned!

I'm sure you're a much easier target than your wife.

:huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Reply "with all the money you spend on ... (insert a hobby etc of his here) you think you could at least afford some etiquette lessons OR (if you are feeling rude) some plastic surgery to fix your face"

:rofl::rofl::lol:

Timeline
As far as someone saying, "there's plenty here in the US."

Well, they don't realize that 95% of the world's population is outside the US.

Yeah, there are only 150,000,000 men (approx) here to pick from. Of course, some are old, some are young, some are married, some are ugly :P etc...

And mine wasn't here.

I think most people are trying to joke around and say stupid stuff without thinking it through. Only at lunch or on personal time, though. Back to work.