DanD

Passed interview but no Passport Stamp?? Problem?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, My wife and her daughter K1/K2 passed AOS interview and we were told they will recieve GC's in the mail. Did he forget to stamp the passports or is it optional and not Required?

My wife can apply fr citizenship in 3 years. Can my stepdaughter as well? She is currently 8 years old

thanks,

Dan

Timeline

Dec 10 2004 - I-129F FedEx next day to NSC

Dec 13th NOA1 on same day received by NSC

Dec 18th 2004 - Received NOA1 in mail

Feb 8th - RFE via e mail

Feb 15th 2005 - RFE letter received - asked for certified copies of divorce papers, and passport photo of myself

Feb 15th - FedEx overnight documents and photo

Feb 16th - RFE delivered at around 11:00am

Feb 16th - Received e mail from NSC - they received RFE

Feb 28 2005 - NOA2....after days

March 5th 2005 - Received NOA2 in mail...

March 16th 2005 - NVC e mailed a case number...

April 1st 2005 – Juerez Received from NVC...

April 21st 2005 Received Packet 3, dated April 15,2005

May 15/2005 traveling to Juarez, Planning 5/16 exams & 5/17 interview

5/17//2005 K1, K2 Approved!!!

10/29/2005 Moved to the USA

11/03/2005 Married!!

The stamp is optional so don't worry am sure u will get your green card very soon.

Well my wife applied for USC and her child became USC also but the officer told her to file N-600 in order to get a naturalization paper for her child.

cu later

:dance::thumbs::yes::thumbs::lol:

Filed: Timeline

DanD,

Green Cards are being manufactured and sent out rather quickly these days, typically received in a few weeks. It's no longer common to put an I-551 stamp in the passport unless there's an urgent need for it.

I believe that your stepdaughter will become a citizen when her mother does, but will want to submit a form N-600 to get documentation of her citizenship. See A Guide To Naturalization on the USCIS web site.

Yodrak

Hi, My wife and her daughter K1/K2 passed AOS interview and we were told they will recieve GC's in the mail. Did he forget to stamp the passports or is it optional and not Required?

My wife can apply fr citizenship in 3 years. Can my stepdaughter as well? She is currently 8 years old

thanks,

Dan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Replied to this question for you, under your other post.

Yes, your stepdaughter DERIVES citizenship from her mother - when she is approved it. She can then apply for a US passport and can apply via the form N-600 for a copy of her Naturalization Certificate at any time in the future. There is a fee. As she is under 18 at the time of her mother's naturalization she automatically gains citizenship, she doesn't need to apply.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.