jkmexicano

Help!! I'm knocked up!!! Just recieved NOA1

38 posts in this topic

Once you get the NOA2, you will get sent to the NVC for processing. THis can take varying amounts of time, but somewhere you will want to call so you can track your petition and get its new case # (it changes when it goes abroad). Regarding what happens after it gets to the consulate is country specific, so look farther down the forums page for the regional discussion and ask in your countries area OR check the tab at the top of the page that says embassy info. There are forms that will need to be filled out for the actual application of the visa (which I can't remember the name of) and a police cert and medical will been to be obtained. Again, country specific on how to go about each of those.

After you guys get the visa and get to the US, you have 90 days to get married. As soon as you can manage after that, you will need to file for adjustment of status. That is the I485 that you mentioned. You will also want to file for Advance Parole and your temporary work permit. Look at the guides for more info on that when the time comes.

MSU Thanks for being so polite and helpful the world needs more people like you in it!! I was a little turned off to this site after the first few replies I had recieved. Everyone has to start somewhere and I need to thank you for your time and guidance. Its refreshing to know there are people who still show respect for their fellow human beings even when nobody else is, you have real integrity and I think you should know that. Thanks for "nOOb"ing me instead of ridiculing me because I am inexperienced in these forums, I really appreciate it!! :thumbs:

Since, you felt that my response to you did not aid you in starting this process, then PLEASE DIS-REGARD my RESPONSE. From the maturity level that you have already shown, I am sure you can work this out by yourself. Good luck on the visa process and the pregancy. Anyone who addresses themselves as being knocked-up, when they are pregnant needs alittle more assistant than what I can give. But being the adult here, I do wish you the best of luck.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What Gary and Alla said, read the guides, browse the K1 forums for similar cases or to find your question before posting, know that your case is not unique so just research and be patient.

:guides:

Edited by *Laura*

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Once you get the NOA2, you will get sent to the NVC for processing. THis can take varying amounts of time, but somewhere you will want to call so you can track your petition and get its new case # (it changes when it goes abroad). Regarding what happens after it gets to the consulate is country specific, so look farther down the forums page for the regional discussion and ask in your countries area OR check the tab at the top of the page that says embassy info. There are forms that will need to be filled out for the actual application of the visa (which I can't remember the name of) and a police cert and medical will been to be obtained. Again, country specific on how to go about each of those.

After you guys get the visa and get to the US, you have 90 days to get married. As soon as you can manage after that, you will need to file for adjustment of status. That is the I485 that you mentioned. You will also want to file for Advance Parole and your temporary work permit. Look at the guides for more info on that when the time comes.

MSU Thanks for being so polite and helpful the world needs more people like you in it!! I was a little turned off to this site after the first few replies I had recieved. Everyone has to start somewhere and I need to thank you for your time and guidance. Its refreshing to know there are people who still show respect for their fellow human beings even when nobody else is, you have real integrity and I think you should know that. Thanks for "nOOb"ing me instead of ridiculing me because I am inexperienced in these forums, I really appreciate it!! :thumbs:

All it takes is alot of reading and getting used to how to use the boards.

I don't think most people mind answering a question unless it has been asked 30 different times, by 30 different people in 30 different areas, plus already covered under the FAQ and/or stickys (Stickys are the threads toward the top of each forum that is usually loaded with lots of good info). Most people just don't want to do the leg work most of us have already gone through. I didn't find this site until 9 months after I filed my original I-129F. So trust me, you have a head start already. :)

And remember, everyone's "journey" is different, but most people try to help where they can. Good luck!

Lets see.... I am new here and I have a whole lotta questions!!! First of all, I went to see my soulmate in March. Long story short we couldn't keep our hands off of each other and we had a whole lotta naked fun. This was the two week period we were assembling our I129 package (we have been dating for 3 years).... I got home and mailed the paperwork a month later. I recieved the "reciept letter" the begining of May. It is now June and I am 3 months prego and totally freaking out!!! I can't even ask myself the question "What if we get denied??" because honestly I would start the revolution just to be with this person. Soooooo........ Question 1. Does it make us look bad that I am now pregnant?? Question 2. Is there anything I can do to speed this processes??? Pay an expedite fee or whatever??? I'm 29 this is my first baby I can't give birth alone without him, I'm so scared!! Question 3. What additional forms and paperwork will I need to gather and fill out??? I really want to get all of these things together now instead of waiting until the last minute. I will be grateful for any and all advice!!!! Thanks!! :help:

Congratulations and good luck.

Officially there is nothing you can do to expedite the process.

Unofficially there is only one possibility, again a possibility.

Gather one of your exact duplicates of all your docs from your application, pictures and all, including your NOA1.

Get copies of your sonogram with your baby pictures as soon as they are available.

Walk in cold to your local congressman's/congresswoman's office, well dressed business light formal attire with all the above.

The best time to do a cold walk in is between 9:15am to 11:00am.

Ask for help, the receptionist may take you to directly to the representative's immigration assistant or schedule you an appointment, plead your case without being obnoxious or repetitive, make sure your sonogram pics are on top of your docs as you speak.

Things that might be helpful; you have a voting record, your representative's view and opinion on immigration is positive, etc.

In other words that congressional office wants to and feels like helping.

Good luck

Surf,

05/26/2009 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

05/28/2009 - I-129F Received by VSC

05/29/2009 - NOA1 Date & mailed by VSC

06/02/2009 - Check Cashed by VSC

06/03/2009 - Got Case Number from back of canceled check image

06/04/2009 - Received NOA1, postmarked 06/02/2009

09/10/2009 - Amended Notice I-797 Email?

09/15/2009 - NVC Received file

09/16/2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!

09/17/2009 - NVC sent file to consulate

09/25/2009 - Consulate received hardcopy file

RV .'.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

When i left the US and was back in Holland i found out that we were pregnant as well (we got a miscarriage) But before that my American fianceé called the USCIS and they said that the pregnancy would indeed speed up the process. Though I'm the one moving to America and we wanted the baby to become an American citizen by birth so i'm not sure about your case. Make a phone call. Like we say in Holland, You got a no, a yes you can get.

Good luck

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) This is not an issue, it may go to show a bonafide relationship.

2) Pregnancy is not a reason for USCIS to expedite. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

3) Additional paperwork comes after the I-129F is approved, foreign citizen can start by gathering certain documents, I beleive for Mexico police certs are not available.

Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
When i left the US and was back in Holland i found out that we were pregnant as well (we got a miscarriage) But before that my American fianceé called the USCIS and they said that the pregnancy would indeed speed up the process. Though I'm the one moving to America and we wanted the baby to become an American citizen by birth so i'm not sure about your case. Make a phone call. Like we say in Holland, You got a no, a yes you can get.

Good luck

The person answering the phone is not the one to make such a decision.... All expedite requests are made by someone many levels higher and are done on a case by case basis....

FWIW, your child would still have been a USC even if born in Holland (though would not be eligible to seek the US Presidency).

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
troll.jpg

bwaahaaa

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
The person answering the phone is not the one to make such a decision.... All expedite requests are made by someone many levels higher and are done on a case by case basis....

FWIW, your child would still have been a USC even if born in Holland (though would not be eligible to seek the US Presidency).

A bit off topic and also NOT true.

Anyone who is a US Citizen "BY BIRTH" can run for the office of the president, they can be born in the USA OR overseas. ONLY NATURALIZED citizens are un-able to run for president.

Examples: Arnold Schwarzenegger Governor of California CANNOT run for president, but: John McCain CAN even though John McCain was born in Panama to US Citizens.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
troll.jpg

bwaahaaa

Actually this topic is NOT something a Troll would post, it is legitimate, and is often a topic on VJ.

People do get pregnant during the processing of a K-1 visa process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Good luck

Not our fault then that we got informed wrong, by someone that should have knowledge about these things :blink:

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone who is a US Citizen "BY BIRTH" can run for the office of the president, they can be born in the USA OR overseas. ONLY NATURALIZED citizens are un-able to run for president.

Examples: Arnold Schwarzenegger Governor of California CANNOT run for president, but: John McCain CAN even though John McCain was born in Panama to US Citizens.

the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that birth "in the United States" and subjection to U.S. jurisdiction at the time of birth, entitles one to citizenship.

The courts have never ruled on this but it has been said that in Mcain's situation was that he was born subject to US jurisdiction when he was born in the Canal zone while his parents were on military deployment. Had it been different there would have been challenges to his eligibility.

Good luck

Not our fault then that we got informed wrong, by someone that should have knowledge about these things :blink:

unfortunately you CANNOT rely on information provided by the USCIS (mis)information line as a basis of an arguement if it had gone against you.

YMMV

Timeline

the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that birth "in the United States" and subjection to U.S. jurisdiction at the time of birth, entitles one to citizenship.

The courts have never ruled on this but it has been said that in Mcain's situation was that he was born subject to US jurisdiction when he was born in the Canal zone while his parents were on military deployment. Had it been different there would have been challenges to his eligibility.

Good point, learn new fine point details every day.

Now if only someone can dig up evidence that Obama gave up citizenship when going to school, or was actually born abroad. Now that would cause a constitutional crisis!

Be prepared to have the baby without him there. If he does get there in time , it will be VERY VERY Close. Wish there was something better to tell you.

A video about me and my wife. I have been to the DR about 8 times and cant wait to spend my life with her. The video i created myself and has numerous pictures and videos about our life. http://blip.tv/file/2212591/

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Dominican Republic

Marriage : 2008-08-06

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-11-24

I-130 Approved : 2009-05-26

NVC Received : 2009-06-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-06-29

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-06-30

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-07-02

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-06

Return Completed DS-3032 :2009-06-30

Receive IV Bill : 2009-07-07

Pay IV Bill : 2009-07-08

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : My I-130 was approved in 183 days from my NOA1 date.

God i hate people who act like theyre 5 and spend their time writing comments that arent helpfl..or funny. I can just imagine them sat at their computers alone laughing...alone. keep faith in this site, it is actually very helpful. I wouldnt have been able to do this process without it.

Congrats on your preganancy by the way :thumbs: but unfortunatley hey will not expidite your application unless you have a serious medical condition. There are actually a lot of people in the same postition as you and pregancy is not considered medical condition!

I am nearly at the end of the process and living in america. So if there are any questions you wanna ask ill be happy to help as much as i can. Msg me on my profile or write here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.