jane197623

HELP! CR2-2KIDS MNL- 1 FAILED X-RAY/1 PASSED

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! I have a question about my 2 kids under Cr2 (9 & 6 yo). My American husband filed a petition for my kids, and it got approved. Yesterday was their physical exam but my eldest failed in the chest X-ray and she is going to have that sputum test. (Again! Yes, again, because she had that last year already under K2 petition but when she was cleared after 2 months of cultivation of her sputum, the petition had already expired. So my husband had to re-petition them again.) My eldest had a history of pneumonia when she was a baby, so her lungs are weak. The findings from last year was just a cough and that she had phlegm shown in her X-ray.

My question is, the US embassy Manila allowed my youngest kid, who passed in the medical, to appear in the interview. I'm not sure if they are going to allow my eldest since she still has an issue. If my younger one would pass in the interview (God willing), will I be able to bring her here in the US first while waiting for the 2-month-waiting period for my eldest test result?

I would appreciate any advice/help you could give me. Thank you so much.

I think I can give you an answer for this. I also have two kids there, the older one is 18 and the younger one is 13. It's almost the same case as yours. They had their medical last March 2009 and the older one was cleared by St. Luke's but unfortunately the younger one was not. He has findings in his x-ray and St. Luke's subjected him to medication. My older son proceeded to his interview at the embassy but before that you have to ask St. Luke's to release your other kid because they will forward his/her medical to the embassy before the scheduled interview. And my son passed the interview and I was able to bring him here in the US. Tomorrow will be his 2nd month here and he already has a driver's license and he will be in the university in Fall. But I am still sad because my baby is left in the Philippines for his 6 months medication and 2 more months for the last culture. Probably he will be here the most is December. I hope this is the information that you want.

Timeline

Hi, Luckymom! Thank you so much for your very helpful information. We almost have the same problem. I'm so devastated about this because this is the second time around that she had failed, but I'm still hopeful for a good result when she's done with her "culture" thing. Somehow I'm excited of bringing my younger one here, but sad that my eldest will be left alone for awhile.

Leaving my 13 year old was the most painful experience in my life as a mother. We are texting back and forth everyday and my husband is in close communication with SLEC. He is on his 3rd month of medication and with God's help his body is responding well in the medication. I am praying that before the year ends I can pick him up and we will have the best Christmas here in the US ever. Good luck and keep the faith alive and everything will be ok.

dont worry jane and luckymom, believe me, your kids will be cleared after 6 months.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline

Thanks sasha for your support. The doctor assured us she will be cleared after 2 months since it's just a phlegm. She knew it already since this is the same case from last year. BTW, she was cleared already last year after 2 months but the petition had already expired because they were under K2 (follow-to-joint). I arrived here under K1 visa alone, but they were listed in the approved I-129F. I could have gotten them WITHIN 1 YEAR from the date that my K1 visa was issued, or else they could no longer benefit from the I-129F petition. I had to wait for my greencard first before I could fly back to the Philippines which took so long. Two months before it would expire, I arrived there. It could have been just the right time, but because of that "culture" thing which SLEC had just implemented at that time really caught me by surprise. 'Cause before if you're cleared after 3-day of sputum test, you are ready for the interview. The US embassy advised me not to show them anymore there since they will just get denied even though my youngest was fine, but instead to file another petition under immediate relative by my husband as step children, which we did. But here we are again, dealing with the same problem but only this time, no more "within 1 year" thing.

dont worry jane and luckymom, believe me, your kids will be cleared after 6 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.