w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Work begins on nation's largest mass transit project

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is that so the unemployed from NJ can go to NY while NY unemployed can go to NJ to attempt to find jobs?

You should ride the NE Corridor between Trenton and NY Penn someday. It is packed. 200% capacity. If you try to get on at 8:30 at Metro Park you can't even board the train, people standing inside will just laugh at you. There's no room, sucka! Oh and parking lots are overflowing.

The point being, there is plenty of demand ;)

Yeah I used to do that - it was a horrible commute.

Didn't help that the trains are badly designed so that you can only fit 4 people in a row that's supposed to fit 6.

Trains always had signal problems - and no matter what time I left it was difficult to get to work on time. Worst experience was getting stuck in the tunnel after the power went out (in the height of summer). 4 hours in hot darkness. I didn't get to the office until 12pm!

Edited by Private Pike

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Artist's rendering of the new platform at NY. Where the homeless people at? :lol:

wclaar.jpg

& the gum & the loogies & the fecal matter...

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Timeline
Worst experience was getting stuck in the tunnel after the power went out (in the height of summer). 4 hours in hot darkness. I didn't get to the office until 12pm!

No wonder the rich guys take the ferry :lol:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Worst experience was getting stuck in the tunnel after the power went out (in the height of summer). 4 hours in hot darkness. I didn't get to the office until 12pm!

No wonder the rich guys take the ferry :lol:

I take the bus - much quicker.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Is that so the unemployed from NJ can go to NY while NY unemployed can go to NJ to attempt to find jobs?

You should ride the NE Corridor between Trenton and NY Penn someday. It is packed. 200% capacity. If you try to get on at 8:30 at Metro Park you can't even board the train, people standing inside will just laugh at you. There's no room, sucka! Oh and parking lots are overflowing.

The point being, there is plenty of demand ;)

LOL, Caracas subway was like that, standing on someone's head room only. Guess I am use to driving 50 miles and seeing nothing but trees, not that I am forced to do that, just prefer it.

Maybe I should spend a week in Istanbul, still a lot of room in this great country, just don't understand why people want to live on top of each other. Well maybe not bad if she is good looking.

You mean they finally got around NYC's bureaucracy. Amazing. Which union shop is working on this project?

Still waiting on the WTC though.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Same deal in DC. There are roads that would have been completed in 6 months in Melbourne. DC timeline = 2.5 years. No kidding.

Also keep in mind workers there receive excellent pay; up to $150 an hour for night shift work. Whereas labor is cheap here. Therefore, why the hell does everything take so long to complete here? No wonder repub hate big government because the version in place here is utterly incompetent.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Same deal in DC. There are roads that would have been completed in 6 months in Melbourne. DC timeline = 2.5 years. No kidding.

Also keep in mind workers there receive excellent pay; up to $150 an hour for night shift work. Whereas labor is cheap here. Therefore, why the hell does everything take so long to complete here? No wonder repub hate big government because the version in place here is utterly incompetent.

I'm going :ot:

Your metro in DC is way nicer and cleaner than our subway in NY. I was impressed. I was there for memorial day weekend & I even called home and told everyone "It doesn't smell like urine" "It's CLEAN" OMG ... and I didn't get asked for a dollar, not once.

Only thing is there aren't many routes.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

Was thinking the same thing... although WTC isn't going to be funded w/ stimulus money & i don't think there are union issues (yet).

from what i understand, it's a mess w/ city politics & bureaucracy.

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Was thinking the same thing... although WTC isn't going to be funded w/ stimulus money & i don't think there are union issues (yet).

from what i understand, it's a mess w/ city politics & bureaucracy.

Sounds like NYC. I'm mean come on guys the city is old and run down. I'm not talking Renaissance old or Roman Greeko old either. Yet it looks like nothing is being done to renovate it. So is that because of the union running the show or because of the Chicago style bureaucracy or because of the no problem here since we live in the best city in the world because we say so reasoning?

It is a disgrace that the WTC has not been built.

Edited by Constellation

Timeline
it is a disgrace... and with all our tough talk about how we were gonna build back bigger and better and show "them"...

love0038.gif

I'm going :ot:

Your metro in DC is way nicer and cleaner than our subway in NY. I was impressed. I was there for memorial day weekend & I even called home and told everyone "It doesn't smell like urine" "It's CLEAN" OMG ... and I didn't get asked for a dollar, not once.

Only thing is there aren't many routes.

Wow you thought that was clean. Well I guess in comparison to NYC. My sister was here and I took it for the first time and was embarrassed. The metro system would greatly improve if they were privatized. Connex runs the train system in Melbourne, Aus and the trains are spotless.

Edited by Constellation