Work begins on nation's largest mass transit project

155 posts in this topic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are fundamental differences between the US and Zimbabwe you know...

Constitutionally the UK (because the UK has no constitution) is more likely to be turned into a dictatorship than the US.

Australia has no bill of rights. Actually we are the only developed country which does not. The parliament gets to enact laws to protect the people and their rights, rather than the courts. So how has it worked out for them? Refer to multitude of international awards, including human rights awards, for the answer.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline
I can't say I'm looking forward to all of the construction - I work right near that area.

Oh so the parliamentary procedure tangent is a form of therapy, to get your mind off the whole thing?

Int hat case, carry on.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

You guys have ruined my thread :cry:

It's a good project. America needs more of these. As a right wing conservative, I say money well spent. :thumbs:

They not only create jobs but the improve the standard of living for the country's residents. Something conservatives back in AUS comprehend 110%. I just don't understand why conservatives here hate such projects. Unless it refers to my comment about those in 'govamant' being utterly incompetent here.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I can't say I'm looking forward to all of the construction - I work right near that area.

Oh so the parliamentary procedure tangent is a form of therapy, to get your mind off the whole thing?

Int hat case, carry on.

I didn't start the tangent - it was BY via "NYC is $hit" to "America is $hit" to "America is $hit because of minorities".

The usual pattern - every thread ends up about race, because he's fixated on it.

I didn't start the tangent - it was BY via "NYC is $hit" to "America is $hit" to "America is $hit because of minorities".

The usual pattern - every thread ends up about race, because he's fixated on it.

I never said ######. I just said not the best. A 1995 Daewoo is not a bad car but it is certainly no 2010 BMW / AUDI.

Something some here deny and will argue to death that a 1995 Daewoo is the best car ever, in the galaxy.

It is just interesting to me that you (a foreigner), don't see the validity in anything I am saying.

Edited by Constellation

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Let's invite Susita & PP to the party at MaWilson's...

MW, you don't mind, do you?

Did I do something to piss off / insult / disgust / annoy you? :blink:

Or is this a legit party? If it is I'm bringing the sangria.

Oh no!

Sorry, i am just always inviting myself to MaWilson's penthouse. (It is mostly just a penthouse in my mind...i have no proof or surveillance of it... ) There was a post about it a couple pages ago...

Of course you didn't insult me or anything! i liked your posts... :thumbs:

p.s. Bring sangria.

As long as I don't have to come in costume, I'm in. I'd like to see his penthouse too.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Six, once someone is onto your game they realize you are not even a challenge. At least uscandal, for example, posts a bit of proof to back his comments. Whereas, you feel that just by saying someone is wrong, that your opinion is more valid than theirs.

The way normal people have a discussion is as follows:

Person A: I think Koalas are more intelligent than otters

Person B: I disagree, I believe Otters are more intelligent

>> Conversation develops and evidence (research) is thrown into the equations

Uh, thanks. Though getting a compliment from you is a dubious honor, to be sure.

What good did it do me to post all that evidence (research)? None at all, since you don't follow the script you've proposed yourself!

Example conversation with Constellation © and me (M):

C: The US constitution is stupid and only idiots would care about what a bunch of dead guys wrote 200 years ago. Smart peoople, like us geniuses in Oz don't run our country that way.

M: Um, Oz has a constitution, modeled on the US one, with similar charters and freedoms and Bill of Rights. It was framed a century ago. Here's the link.

C: (Oh, did not know Oz - his homeland - had a constitution). Yeah, but the Oz constitution is ratified. So it's better. So nyeah. (Apparently in 'C" speak - 'ratified = updated and modified in recent history).

M: Um, US Constitution was ratified (in correct sense) by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia and a plurality of original 13 colonies. Moreover, it's "ratified" (in C's sense) in that it has an Amendment formula, and has been amended 27 times. Thus the Constitution has remained current with the times and has adjusted for important social changes such as the end of slavery, and equal protection. Links here, here, here.

C: Ignores the above factual presentation outriight. Repeats his original premise:

The US constitution is stupid and only idiots would care about what a bunch of dead guys wrote 200 years ago. Smart peoople, like us geniuses in Oz don't run our country that way.

M: Bangs head on wall. Realizes that C is a screwball that does not understand basis of logical debate.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Arguing with C is like chewing sawdust. Actually no. Chewing sawdust is much more fulfilling.

Very nice. First part i enjoyed was you talking posts out of context and filling them in with your interpretation. It must be a liberal Chicago thing where you guys like to discuss the facts and pint the suit you or your bias. You need to met Hal, you guys have a lot in common. For a start, live in the same dilapidated city.

I'll let you get back to discussing the merit of welfare on the basis of the Constitution because that it logical.

Edited by Constellation