Big Papa Zone

Salaries

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

OK, I've just had an initial interview (over the phone from Philly) about a prospective job opening. Thing is, because this was only an initial chat over the phone, I wasn't expecting the "what sort of salary are you looking for?" question just yet, so it kind of caught me off guard.

I'll try and be as descriptive as posible about the position, and I'd like to know what YOU would have asked for in the same position.

Well, the job title is Facilities Manager, and the work entails managing the maintainance of an army housing project. The FM manager is basically responsible for ensuring that that any maintainance issues are identified and actioned, and as such, he will have a team of engineers and tradesmen at his disposal, to utilise as and when necessary.

It will be a standard 40 hour, Mon-Fri work pattern, with health, vision, and dental benefits. There is 3 weeks of paid vacation offered.

There are 3 positions available: one in NYC; one in Maine, and one in South Carolina. I am aware that the salary expectation in the two Eastern areas would be higher, but I'd like your input on the SC angle too please.

Oh, and I'm not gonna tell you just yet what I asked for!

Over to you........... :whistle:

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I have no clue brother Damian; but I do know one thing: KUDOS for the interview. i am sure some of our VJers that are military contractors will give your good advise.

One piece of advise... try not to ####### in the interview room, mmmmm'kay??? :jest:

Edited by *Len*

Timeline
I have no clue brother Damian; but I do know one thing: KUDOS for the interview. i am sure some of our VJers that are military contractors will give your good advise.

One piece of advise... try not to ####### in the interview room, mmmmm'kay??? :jest:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'kay, sista Len. :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thing is, because this was only an initial chat over the phone, I wasn't expecting the "what sort of salary are you looking for?" question just yet, so it kind of caught me off guard.

$56,411.00 - $73,329.00?

Even if it's just an intitial interview you should have a clue about what sort of salary you're looking for.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

My experience (having interviewed countless folks over the years) is that what they're really asking is "Can we afford you? or are we waisting our time?" Actual salary negotiation begins later and isn't necessarily based on what you responded with earlier.

Best responses are something along the lines of "Well, I've earned between X and Y over the past 2 years in same/similar capacity and would feel comfortable earning the same or better..." And leave it at that. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
My experience (having interviewed countless folks over the years) is that what they're really asking is "Can we afford you? or are we waisting our time?" Actual salary negotiation begins later and isn't necessarily based on what you responded with earlier.

Best responses are something along the lines of "Well, I've earned between X and Y over the past 2 years in same/similar capacity and would feel comfortable earning the same or better..." And leave it at that. :thumbs:

Excellent advise, as always. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Excellent advise, as always. :thumbs:

Ditto.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

it is true..i ahd to hire 25 employees at one time..we chose the best and did a phone interviewed..weeded out those over our salary range

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

OK, well so far, if the figures mentioned are anything to go by, I now fully understand why the lady told me she'd be in touch again very soon: I said $40,000!!! Ooops!!

Having said "oooops" though, perhaps it's not such a bad thing, as I clearly fall well within their salary range!!! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol:

When they do call say it was a 6 year old pretending to be you before and you can now properly discuss your salary.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

OK, well so far, if the figures mentioned are anything to go by, I now fully understand why the lady told me she'd be in touch again very soon: I said $40,000!!! Ooops!!

Having said "oooops" though, perhaps it's not such a bad thing, as I clearly fall well within their salary range!!! :lol:

you did fine....you got a job and some security... :dance::dance: congrats..brother damien

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835