Amby

10 "undocumented" immigrants killed in suv rollover

148 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

SONOITA, Ariz. — Ten undocumented immigrants "stacked like wood" in the back of a sports utility vehicle crammed with at least 22 people were killed when the driver lost control and rolled over on a remote southern Arizona highway, authorities said Sunday.

The Ford Excursion had no rear seat and most of the men and women were ejected when the SUV crashed just before midnight Saturday about 40 miles southeast of Tucson. Authorities said all the victims are believed to be undocumented immigrants from El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Equador and perhaps Mexico.

Arizona Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Joy Craig told The Associated Press that the remote area where the crash happened is a route commonly used by those smuggling illegal immigrants into the U.S.

"We see the people stacked like wood frequently," she said. "If they had had the right number of people in there and they all had their seat belts on, they would have lived."

A dozen people injured in the crash were treated at area hospitals and authorities were looking for possibly more.

The identity of the driver, passengers and the vehicle's owner are being withheld pending their identification and notification of relatives. Many victims did not have ID, Craig said.

Investigators have not identified the driver, but if he survives, Craig said he would likely be charged.

"Basically, this is like a 10-time homicide scene," she said.

Craig could not confirm reports of five victims who fled the crash scene and sought help from a Sonoita gas station.

U.S. Border Patrol has eight men who were treated at local hospitals in custody, Border Patrol spokesman Omar Candelaria said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525352,00.html

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Clowns scare me.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

"We see the people stacked like wood frequently," she said. "If they had had the right number of people in there and they all had their seat belts on, they would have lived."

????? Would it not be if they kept their butts where they belonged (where they came from) they would be alive.??????

????? Would it not be if they kept their butts where they belonged (where they came from) they would be alive.??????

why don't you stfu and be compassionate about people dying, you jerk?

Really, far from it. You dont know me. Is my statement not true or the same as the seatbelts???

Really, far from it. You dont know me. Is my statement not true or the same as the seatbelts???

I don't want to know someone who can say such idiotic stuff about people who died tragically. You disgust me.

it lacks compassion and blame pointing..people are dead....what is wrong with you?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

hmmmmm....one eye...and maybe, that is the head doing the thought processing, eh

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Pull your head out of your arses and open yours eyes.

I was making a point about the article. It too points and blames(IE. to many people and no seat belts) So write to them about not being compassionate.

It could just as easily said....... Its a tragedy this happened and also should be a lesson to people trying to enter the US in a illegal way.

Edited by cyclops10