Riggs

how many trips to Manila

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

How many trips will my wife have to make from Bislig to Manila, for the visa process? I am estimating 4 trips there: 1 trip there for CFO seminar, 1 trip there for medical exam, 1 trip there for interview, and the final trip there to cfo to register and get sticker, then she can get on the plane.

I am correct 4 trips? they make it so difficult, and expensive for everyone, it could be so much easy if organized properly.

Is ther anyway to combine the activities to reduce the number of trips?

Thanks much

Steve

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not exactly sure where Bislig is ... but I think you can narrow it down to at least 2 trips .... or even a 1 week long trip

First trip for a 1 week or so trip would include ... Medical exam on Monday, Tuesday ... cfo wed, thurs or fri ... have interview set up for the following Monday or Tuesday ...

Can either wait for visa in Manila ( Ask them if she can pick it up at the embassy at the interview ) or return home and wait for it via Air21

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Hi all,

How many trips will my wife have to make from Bislig to Manila, for the visa process? I am estimating 4 trips there: 1 trip there for CFO seminar, 1 trip there for medical exam, 1 trip there for interview, and the final trip there to cfo to register and get sticker, then she can get on the plane.

I am correct 4 trips? they make it so difficult, and expensive for everyone, it could be so much easy if organized properly.

Thanks much

Steve

She can do the cfo seminar same week she will have her medical(medical is only 2 days) and one week apart from medical will be her interview. She can plan a 1 week schedule to do her CFO seminar and medical a week before her interview(most cases the medical is scheduled a week before her interview).

Also when she have her CFO seminar the sticker will be stamped in her passport that same day ,she don;t have to come back for the sticker so i don't see 4 trips needed.

Edited by happywifeymom

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some Pinays make 2 trips to do everything. First trip will be medical and interview. To do this your, medical day should be as least 4 or 5 days before the interview. She can have her second trip once she got her visa in Bislig. The second trip will be the seminar and visa stamping at CFO (you can do this in one day) then the next day will be their flight to the US.

If there is nothing wrong in her medical (which i hope so) then her interview date won't be change. To avoid delays, please take note of the PH and US holidays in scheduling everything and be sure that she is not on her monthly period on the day of her medical.

The best of luck! :star:

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks much

Steve

She will stay in a hotel?No relatives in manila?

You can compress it to 3 trips

She can do the cfo seminar and get the sticker in 1 day after she got her visa if she likes.

Or after the interview or medical she can go to the cfo seminar....

Goodluck

39b2fa9yhv20c.png

TIMELINE

K-3 VISA:

EAD:

04.20.2009 : Received Date

05.05.2009 : Received NOA from USCIS

07.28.2009 : Biometrics Appointment

08.04.2009 : EAD Card REceived in mail

AOS:

02.22.2010 : Mailed AOS Application via USPS Express Mail

02.23.2010 : Received date (Chicago Lockbox)

03.02.2010 : Received NOA

03.25.2010 : Biometrics Appointment

05.14.2010 : Interview [Passed!!! Yahoo! Thank God :)]

06.12.2010 : Green Card Received

I would suggest 3 trips,first is her medical exam,and while she's waiting for the result she could attend a CFO seminar the second trip would be her interview at the USEM and the third one is when she get her visa and this time she can have the cfo sticker stamp on her visa..

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Hi all,

Thanks much

Steve

She can do the cfo seminar same week she will have her medical(medical is only 2 days) and one week apart from medical will be her interview. She can plan a 1 week schedule to do her CFO seminar and medical a week before her interview(most cases the medical is scheduled a week before her interview).

Also when she have her CFO seminar the sticker will be stamped in her passport that same day ,she don;t have to come back for the sticker so i don't see 4 trips needed.

Hi all,

The problem is Dfa will not issue her passport until she takes the CFO seminar;I tried to ask them to issue it first but they refused, so i do not know another way to d it. so, that means she has to go to manila do cfo seminar mand then back to butuan to get passport then back for med exam, etc.

It is good to know that she can do med exam and interview in same wek. so that is a big help nd also that she can pick her visa up there instead of mailing it.

Thanks all

Steve

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ya we are being told the samething right now as well ... is this something they changed recently? Must do CFO before they will issue a passport?

Regardless we decided to make a trip to Cebu next month to do CFO to get that out of the way ... than get passport ... so when in manila will only have to do medical, interview and get the CFO stamp ...

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline
Ya we are being told the samething right now as well ... is this something they changed recently? Must do CFO before they will issue a passport?

This is only for those Filipinas who are married to foreigners that wants to renew their passport (maiden name to married name) and for those Filipinas who are married to Foreigners applying for passport.

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

This is only for those Filipinas who are married to foreigners that wants to renew their passport (maiden name to married name) and for those Filipinas who are married to Foreigners applying for passport.

Hi,

Is it possible to have her passport picked up at the manila dfa office, if she applied for it in butuan , if she took cfo cert to manila dfa,? probally not right?

thanks

Steve

Timeline

Hi,

Is it possible to have her passport picked up at the manila dfa office, if she applied for it in butuan , if she took cfo cert to manila dfa,? probally not right?

thanks

Steve

I am sorry as I want to help you but I don't know the answer to your question. I am no expert in this matter but I have never heard from anybody that I know who applied passport from their province then pick up their passport in Manila. If I were you I'll call the DFA office to confirm if that is possible and I hope you'll get better answers here from our fellow VJers :star:

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

You're exactly right Pink! Shortly after my wedding, I was so excited to change my passport from my maiden name to married name so I went to DFA and brought my old one and other docs that I thought is required. I got there so early only to find out that I have to attend CFO first for me to obtain a new one. I felt frustrated that time not bcoz I need to attend the seminar but bcoz of its location. I was told I can do it either in Cebu or in Manila, my choice. Jeez, I have to fly over only for this? Hehe..Good thing my husband was coming home then so I chose the last one and had the seminar while hubby was on the plane.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

You're exactly right Pink! Shortly after my wedding, I was so excited to change my passport from my maiden name to married name so I went to DFA and brought my old one and other docs that I thought is required. I got there so early only to find out that I have to attend CFO first for me to obtain a new one. I felt frustrated that time not bcoz I need to attend the seminar but bcoz of its location. I was told I can do it either in Cebu or in Manila, my choice. Jeez, I have to fly over only for this? Hehe..Good thing my husband was coming home then so I chose the last one and had the seminar while hubby was on the plane.

I wasn't asked for the CFO certificate...here are the requirements....http://dfa.gov.ph/?page_id=64

Edited by maritoni

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Regardless we decided to make a trip to Cebu next month to do CFO to get that out of the way ... than get passport ... so when in manila will only have to do medical, interview and get the CFO stamp ...

When applying for passport and you are a woman, CFO seminar will be required if:

1) you are married to a foreigner

2) you are single but you declare in the application that the purpose of your trip is to get married abroad

If you are K1, one way to avoid CFO seminar while still in the passport application stage is to declare the purpose of your trip as tourism and your destination as Hong Kong or some other Asian countries.

Timeline

I wasn't asked for the CFO certificate...here are the requirements....http://dfa.gov.ph/?page_id=64

Ate Toni, I just wanna ask if you ever did change your maiden name into married name in your passport? Because I know someone who arrived here on CR1 who didn't changed her surname in her passport but she amended her passport though.

I believe that if you WANT to renew your passport then you really HAVE to attend the seminar but anyhow, whether you will renew your passport or not, whether we like it or not, we don't have any choice but to attend that seminar if we want to be with our SO. :wacko::)

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.