Steve and Evelyn

Age Difference

38 posts in this topic

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps to be there for her interview. Otherwise, age difference may be a hot topic.

Wrong.

I have meet numerous Pinays in USA who are in there early 20's, and Husband are in their 60's.

Most of them their fiance at the time didn't go to interview and age difference not a issue.

USEM is normal for them to see large age difference.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow I was thinking our age difference could be a issue at the interview .... but seeing as 20-30 year age gaps seem to be common from what I read so far I don't think our 11 year gap is going to be much of a issue ... hopefully not anyway ... she is 21 I just turned 32 ... for us it is perfect .. it is other people who sometimes don't see it that way.

Good luck to all still on the K1 journey!

And many years of luck and happiness to those already with SO's

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

I don't think that's an issue as long as the filipina fiancee can prove the legitimacy of the relationship. They have mountain of proof and with that they can gauge if it's legitimate or not. God bless both you and your fiancee and good luck on her interview. Keep the faith.

Actually, it will all depend on the CO. Some COs might bring up the age gap issue while most of them won't. In my case, it was never asked directly but thinking about how my interview went, there was one particular question that was kind of related to age gap.

What I'd do if I were you is arm yourself with strong proof of bonafide relationship... lots of them too. Technically, they care more whether the relationship is genuine and if the sponsor can take care of the beneficiary once in US, than age gap and other small issues.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

WOW! And I thought our 17 year difference would draw fire :jest::jest::jest:

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

WOW! And I thought our 17 year difference would draw fire :jest::jest::jest:

Well, it wouldn't in the Philippines, but you aren't interviewing there :lol:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I reckon there ain't no problem during the interview. However, a real problem will exist in married life. How can a young woman live with somebody old enough to be her grandaddy or daddy? Will they ever be seen together in public? I reckon not! The young woman must be ashamed of being seen with her daddy or grandaddy. Be realistic, girls and old men! :lol::lol::lol:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

I reckon there ain't no problem during the interview. However, a real problem will exist in married life. How can a young woman live with somebody old enough to be her grandaddy or daddy? Will they ever be seen together in public? I reckon not! The young woman must be ashamed of being seen with her daddy or grandaddy. Be realistic, girls and old men! :lol::lol::lol:

No problem for Mr. Bill. He just introduces me as his daughter. I hate it! :angry: (Except when we are playing :yes:)

I still think a lot has to do with how the Pinay presents herself at the interview. They know you are nervous, but if they feel something is not quite right, they will give the fiancee the third degree. Not much you can do, other than to make sure the future bride knows everything the CO knows about the future groom. If she does not know, make sure she says so, don't guess, because the CO probably knows the real answer. :star:

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Your'e just jealous Mr,Lee :devil::P

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I know there's a poll somewhere on VJ about the age difference between filipinas and their husbands/fiances. I've seen it and saw many with large age gaps between the man and woman. I'm just curious. Did the consular officer bring this up during the interview? Did it cause anyone to get denied? I've been worrying about this the last couple of days. Her interview is June 16th. She just needs to do one more thing for her medical related to her recent surgery. We have a legitimate relationship and proof of such for three and half years now. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing but any reassurance would make it easier to sleep at night. I really don't want anymore delays.

Thanks everyone and good luck with your visa journey.

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

It's not a problem if you can prove that it is a legitimate relationship. Though on my interview the consul really ask me about why I wanna get married to this person 13 years my senior , but I answer ed him calmly.It doesn't mean your fiancee will be ask about this, it's up to the CO what he/she wants to ask.

:P Well I am a 39 year old woman and my fiance is 27 but its a complete role reversal as he is the "older" one & actualy acts like he's 49!!! I am the one everyone thinks is the 20something LOL...Love knows NO number (as long as its legal) so do not worry. Best of Luck on your journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Hello everyone!

I know there's a poll somewhere on VJ about the age difference between filipinas and their husbands/fiances. I've seen it and saw many with large age gaps between the man and woman. I'm just curious. Did the consular officer bring this up during the interview? Did it cause anyone to get denied? I've been worrying about this the last couple of days. Her interview is June 16th. She just needs to do one more thing for her medical related to her recent surgery. We have a legitimate relationship and proof of such for three and half years now. Maybe I'm just worried about nothing but any reassurance would make it easier to sleep at night. I really don't want anymore delays.

Thanks everyone and good luck with your visa journey.

Best wishes,

Grace & Steven

my wife and i have an age gap of 16 yrs and the topic never came up at the in terview and we had about the same as you as farr as time in the relationship but we had been married for almost 2 yrs at the time of the interview. just have faith that everything will be fine and it will.don't get too stressed at it or she may get stressed too and you don't want that going into the interview.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

our difference is more 33 years but we never talk about it between us since we met, we never talk about the age since our first meeting. We love each other that we dont care what people think about us. I doubt it that it will be issue in the interview, i am keeping my finger cross. lets see what will happen. but u can see int he picture the 33 age difference does not show. good luck to all. abby n sheryl

post-67431-1244319031_thumb.jpg

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.