w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Study: Conservatives Are More Easily Disgusted

138 posts in this topic

Maybe the mod team can host a lunch n learn to explain it

Why don't they post a sticky? There seems to be more of a tolerance on the name calling late at night with the usual suspects, as long as it stays in one place. I am cleary guilty of this, but all in good fun. Other times i have gotten the suspension email and I am like, #######? This got me banned?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Why don't they post a sticky? There seems to be more of a tolerance on the name calling late at night with the usual suspects, as long as it stays in one place. I am cleary guilty of this, but all in good fun. Other times i have gotten the suspension email and I am like, #######? This got me banned?

The problem is too few mods and too many troublemakers. Also, within the mods, quality is not uniform, nor are enforcement mechanisms.

Ewok has mods so he doesn't have to do the work of keeping the peace. He doesn't care how they do it as long as they keep us out of his hair. When does he get involved? When members pester HIM.

Workload management, again.

Do you sense a theme here?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

The problem is too few mods and too many troublemakers. Also, within the mods, quality is not uniform, nor are enforcement mechanisms.

Ewok has mods so he doesn't have to do the work of keeping the peace. He doesn't care how they do it as long as they keep us out of his hair. When does he get involved? When members pester HIM.

Workload management, again.

Do you sense a theme here?

I still think it would be a good idea to spell it out. I see what you mean about enforcement mechanisms not being uniform. The stuff that goes on late at night is usually left alone. The day time mods come in and then do the suspensions from the night before. I try to play by the rules, as long as I can stretch them to the limit. :lol:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

I know the other mods have explained things before, but I'll do a quick summary so I don't have to go searching for their posts.

Moderators respond to members' concerns and complaints, which are received through the "Report" button. If a report is not made, then the Mods are not aware of any problems unless they have chanced upon them themselves. Under Ewok's guidance, and in discussion amongst ourselves -- as well as referring to the TOS Violations and Responses Guidelines -- we do our best to be fair and equitable. Members who are being antagonistic are unaware that we are receiving complaints in the background, so it will appear to them that everything is fine and the mods are just being "mean" and singling them out. Since the mods cannot be online 24/7 (if they want any sort of life), there are sometimes delays in the responses. If enough time has passed, and peace reigns in the valley once again, they will generally let things slide so that troubled threads aren't unnecessarily resurrected.... unless all hell breaks loose again.

At any time, if you feel you are being treated unfairly, it is always best to PM Ewok and state your case. He has the ultimate say in what goes on on his site.

Hmm. Maybe that summary wasn't so quick. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And then, of course, there are the resident pests whom we just ignore. :hehe:

:crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I know the other mods have explained things before, but I'll do a quick summary so I don't have to go searching for their posts.

Moderators respond to members' concerns and complaints, which are received through the "Report" button. If a report is not made, then the Mods are not aware of any problems unless they have chanced upon them themselves. Under Ewok's guidance, and in discussion amongst ourselves -- as well as referring to the TOS Violations and Responses Guidelines -- we do our best to be fair and equitable. Members who are being antagonistic are unaware that we are receiving complaints in the background, so it will appear to them that everything is fine and the mods are just being "mean" and singling them out. Since the mods cannot be online 24/7 (if they want any sort of life), there are sometimes delays in the responses. If enough time has passed, and peace reigns in the valley once again, they will generally let things slide so that troubled threads aren't unnecessarily resurrected.... unless all hell breaks loose again.

At any time, if you feel you are being treated unfairly, it is always best to PM Ewok and state your case. He has the ultimate say in what goes on on his site.

Hmm. Maybe that summary wasn't so quick. :lol:

Thanks for the info. But you can't PM Ewok when your suspended and duplicate accounts aren't allowed.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

A.J spare me this I am anti-American #######. I am probably more American than you are and you were born here. I care about the country as it is my home. You care about yourself. Definitely a Jersey (NE) attitude.

I thought you said that you were going to up and move back to AUS. the first chance you got :blink:

You only seem to see the US' flaws - and your solution for the country's varied problems is to turn the USA into a mirror image of Australia and toss out the constitution, the Presidential system and various groups of people that you don't like...

Why feed the troll?

I just think its very strange to: on the one hand, slam the US on any and everything and on the other to lay claim to great patriotism.

I don't think a person can genuinely patriotic to a nation if they hate the fundamental institutions that define it.

He's not a patriot and he slams the US with every post. This site is for people who want to immigrate to the US, and obviously he does not. He has no respect for the country or the people in this forum with his constant bashing of evryone and every city, state, region of the country. But he only seeks intelligent debate. Mighty strange way to go about it. Perhaps he would be more helpful on an Australian immigration forum?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
And then, of course, there are the resident pests whom we just ignore. :hehe:

Krikit, thanks for the summary of how you and the other mods are operating in keeping VJ fun and useful (in that order!) for all of us. :thumbs:

I do have some questions that I've been curious about ... perhaps this should really be in the Site Admin forum rather than in this "Conservatives are More Easily Disgusted" thread, but ... anyway...

1. Do you apply different policies for OT than for the immigration threads? Is there more leeway in OT for language, vulgarity, possibly offensive themes, overt sexuality, etc.? I think the answer of course is a resounding "YES"! But since it's not in the TOS, it seems to be more of an unwritten law of VJ, not part of the "Constitution". Perhaps we need an amendment :whistle: The TOS does not mention "Off Topic" at all, and there is no distinction made between behavior allowed there versus elsewhere on VJ.

2. Do you make allowance for VJ "traditions" that grossly violate TOS but which no one seems to mind (at least, not too much)? I'm thinking here specifically of Marc (*Rogue*) with the crazy baiting he does nightly, and the insult slanging matches. To some, they are funny as heck. Others have no patience for them. But I haven't seen anyone calling for a thread to be locked or someone to be suspended, even though there's piles of personal attacks in those exchanges. To be clear - I have no problem with those Marc-threads, I've participated in a few myself.

3. What do you plan to do about all the ** terrorists on this site? When will VJ finally be a bastion of pure librulizm as the gods and founding fathers clearly intended, and every last conservative on this site is pwned by the n00bz squad and permanently banned? :P

4. What about making almaty Ewok for a day? :P :P

Thanks for the info. But you can't PM Ewok when your suspended and duplicate accounts aren't allowed.

At the bottom of each page you will see the following link: Contact Us

In that link you will see an alternate form of contacting Ewok: feedback@visajourney.com

Thanks for the info, I must have missed it. Not that I intend to get suspended again........ :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015