Danno

'Gay' gene claim suddenly vanishes

347 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm still wondering where the plural marriage lobby group is

I'm right here!

Who's with me?

I'll sign that petition although one woman is way more than I can handle so I'll choose to not partake :innocent:

three was good, but four was just too much. they got all katty and $hit. threw them back to their dorm rooms and quit paying for the clubbing. used to see them occasionally after that. always in pairs.

How many men were in this relationship? Just you? Seems like you were being terribly selfish.

Just out of interest, how do you envisage the sex to work, exactly? Must everyone be sexually attracted to everyone else? How do they decide who sleeps with who and when, or is it a sex free for all all the time? The mind boggles...just a little bit :)

Presumably its like a Conga - but with a reach around at the front.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What I have asked, is how such a marriage would work. What would any of the participants get out of such an arrangement?

Same as traditional marriage - a solid financial foundation (four people can buy a bigger house

than two couples), a stable loving relationship and environment in which to raise children.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
Plural marriage actually exists in many human traditions. Gay marriage would be brand new.

Which ones?

True plural marriage - as in *not bound* by a patriarchal structure which involve one man and multiple women.

Yes, I am waiting for that answer too. I know there are polygamous societies which is not the same thing.

You don't get to define how people should live and how they should relate to each other.

If 3 dumb bichez want to be justashooter's domestic slaves, that's their right. You have no right to say their arrangement isn't 'marriage' just like justashooter has no right to say mawilson's arrangement with the unnamed male member isn't marriage.

I think the plural marriage argument is pretty spurious as the debate only exists in "theory" as a way to avoid discussions about gay marriage.

As I said - gay marriage isn't controversial from a practical point of view, it can be facilitated without impacting anyone else and without fundamental rewriting the law books.

That isn't the case if you allow plural marriage, or throw out the concept of marriage entirely.

I'm all for that. I find it quite anachronistic, really.

Yeah but that argument is like saying "I think the space program is a waste of time because we can only fly to the moon and not Alpha Centauri".

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How will you get that from your 3 wives and 2 husbands?

What if you want sex with wife #2 but you can't get any because Husband #1 is keeping her to himself and is nobbing her at every opportunity?

I'll let him have her and have sex with wife #1.

We're all friends, remember. It's not about competition.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Actually the truth is that we really don't know. There's a lot about our biological conditioning that isn't understood - for example, noone really knows for sure how babies learn language.

Yeap, there is more we don't know about what makes our bodies and minds tick than there is stuff we do know.

Which makes articles like this one little more than meaningless exercises in innuendo and finger-pointing.

Maybe you should head on over to your nearest bath house and ask for an "IN-DEPTH" interview. That way you could get to the "bottom" of things!

Edited by ={Rogue}=

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

What I have asked, is how such a marriage would work. What would any of the participants get out of such an arrangement?

Same as traditional marriage - a solid financial foundation (four people can buy a bigger house

than two couples), a stable loving relationship and environment in which to raise children.

You believe that would happen? The evidence seems to be that 2 people have a hard time making a marriage work, suddenly add two more people and the dynamic becomes ever more complicated and ever more difficult to maintain.

It smacks of communism to me :lol:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Actually the truth is that we really don't know. There's a lot about our biological conditioning that isn't understood - for example, noone really knows for sure how babies learn language.

Yeap, there is more we don't know about what makes our bodies and minds tick than there is stuff we do know.

Which makes articles like this one little more than meaningless exercises in innuendo and finger-pointing.

Maybe you should head on over to your nearest bath house and ask for an "IN-DEPTH" interview. That way you could get to the "bottom" of things!

And the leader of the sword swallowers has arrived.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Maybe you should head on over to your nearest bath house and ask for an "IN-DEPTH" interview.

So that's why you were in the sauna the other night with all those men. The place was shaking so much it almost came up off the foundations.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
How would such arrangements change society and show me a model of such a society so I can judge more accurately the benefits of such arrangements as a reality and not as some theoretical suggestion.

Theoretical countries with theoritical legal polygamy with theoritical multiple spouses, ah you get the point.

Egypt: Permitted for Muslims.

Eritrea : Legal in areas under Sharia only.

Iran: Legal with written consent from the first wife.

Libya: Legal up to four wives, but requires a written consent from the first wife.

Morocco: Permitted for Muslims, restrictions apply.

United Kingdom: Illegal if the marriage took place in the UK, but recognized (for some private purposes; but not for e.g. pension, immigration or citizenship rights) if it took place in another country where the law allows it if the parties were domiciled in that country.[57]

United States: Illegal in all 50 states (but see Polygamy in the United States)

In South Africa, traditionalists commonly practice polygamy.[59] The president, Jacob Zuma is also openly in favor of plural marriages, being married to numerous wives himself.[60][61] The wives live in small houses in a circle around the master compound

Sudan

Polygamy is encouraged in countries such as Sudan, where President Omar Hassan al-Bashir has encouraged multiple marriages to increase the population.[63]

Polygyny, permitted under Islamic law, is present amongst some Muslims in South Asia. Polygamy is considerably more widespread among Hindus in Nepal than in India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Timeline

:bonk: How narrow a view!!!! What if wives + husbands do not want to procreate???? Shame on you! Shame on you! :jest:

WAIT. What if husband +2 and wive +4 want to have a baby, buth the other wives do not? How does that work :wacko:

Timeline
How will you get that from your 3 wives and 2 husbands?

What if you want sex with wife #2 but you can't get any because Husband #1 is keeping her to himself and is nobbing her at every opportunity?

I'll let him have her and have sex with wife #1.

We're all friends, remember. It's not about competition.

Of course not. Or jealousy either. Its not as though there's such a thing as human nature.

Timeline
How would such arrangements change society and show me a model of such a society so I can judge more accurately the benefits of such arrangements as a reality and not as some theoretical suggestion.

Theoretical countries with theoritical legal polygamy with theoritical multiple spouses, ah you get the point.

Egypt: Permitted for Muslims.

Eritrea : Legal in areas under Sharia only.

Iran: Legal with written consent from the first wife.

Libya: Legal up to four wives, but requires a written consent from the first wife.

Morocco: Permitted for Muslims, restrictions apply.

United Kingdom: Illegal if the marriage took place in the UK, but recognized (for some private purposes; but not for e.g. pension, immigration or citizenship rights) if it took place in another country where the law allows it if the parties were domiciled in that country.[57]

United States: Illegal in all 50 states (but see Polygamy in the United States)

In South Africa, traditionalists commonly practice polygamy.[59] The president, Jacob Zuma is also openly in favor of plural marriages, being married to numerous wives himself.[60][61] The wives live in small houses in a circle around the master compound

Sudan

Polygamy is encouraged in countries such as Sudan, where President Omar Hassan al-Bashir has encouraged multiple marriages to increase the population.[63]

Polygyny, permitted under Islamic law, is present amongst some Muslims in South Asia. Polygamy is considerably more widespread among Hindus in Nepal than in India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

All of these involve patriarchal setups of multiple women being married to a single man (with diminished rights for the women)

Maybe you should head on over to your nearest bath house and ask for an "IN-DEPTH" interview.

So that's why you were in the sauna the other night with all those men. The place was shaking so much it almost came up off the foundations.

I see you got the interview. :devil:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow