de&a

Case Approved and On It's Way to NVC

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I got an email yeasterday saying our I-130 is approved and going to the NVC. I have since been trying to read everything I can to see what to do next. The flow chart and shortcuts seem to make sense. I just have some questions that popped in my head that I'd like to see if anyone has an opinion on.

Everything I read says to fill out the DS-230 Part I, am I correct in assuming that the Part II will not be used?

I see there are some recent changes in the tax returns needed for the I-864 AOS. Is it correct we now only need the last return we have, not the past 3 years?

I also read something saying:

(4) Certified copy of completed most recent federal tax return with all

supporting schedules that the sponsor had filled prior the time of

AOS signing. Each return must have all pages in the correct order

and must be stapled together.

"Certified" simply means we signed the tax return? We have to get something special done to it? Or is this just misinformation?

We succesfully completed a K1 last year and got married here in the US, but my wife had to return home to Peru. The "documents we need to obtain" for the interview look the same for CR1 as K1. It says to get them translated. We didn't do it for the K1 so I don't think we will do it this time either. We will however get fresh documents.

I guess my biggest question is this, for K1 we had to haul in all kinds of garbage to the interview showing we really liked each other, our proof of ongoing relationship. I have seen nothing yet that says we need this for the CR1. Can anyone tell me if we will need to take this to the CR1 interview?

thanks

Part 2 of the ds230(which is the sort of stuff they ask on the visa waiver i.e. "are you a terrorist?") is used. It is required in my case at least at the embassy stage and i am required to sign it in front of a consular official.

Not sure about changes to the I864 but it might be an idea to get 3 years just in case the old rules still apply to your case.

A certified copy i believe is an official copy rather than a photocopy.

You shouldn`t need to prove your relationship as you are married but it would not hurt to be prepared just in case they are dubious. I would also get translations but that one is up to you i guess.

good luck.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Everything I read says to fill out the DS-230 Part I, am I correct in assuming that the Part II will not be used?

If the applicant is applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa, parts I & II are required and the interview will be scheduled by NVC.

If the applicant is not applying in the above countries, then only part I is required and the consulate schedules the interview.

Check the instructions for the relevant country here

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1309.html

It is advised to check with others going through the same consulate to see if there is anything specific to that country that is required to be submitted. The shortcuts were written with those only needing to submit part I of the DS-230 so consider this where applicable and make the necessary changes, if you are required to send part II as well.

I see there are some recent changes in the tax returns needed for the I-864 AOS. Is it correct we now only need the last return we have, not the past 3 years?

The changes are now applicable to all .....AOS, NVC applications and also Consulates. Only the most recent is required.

I also read something saying:

(4) Certified copy of completed most recent federal tax return with all

supporting schedules that the sponsor had filled prior the time of

AOS signing. Each return must have all pages in the correct order

and must be stapled together.

"Certified" simply means we signed the tax return? We have to get something special done to it? Or is this just misinformation?

An original copy.

We succesfully completed a K1 last year and got married here in the US, but my wife had to return home to Peru. The "documents we need to obtain" for the interview look the same for CR1 as K1. It says to get them translated. We didn't do it for the K1 so I don't think we will do it this time either. We will however get fresh documents.

CR-1 is a different kettle of fish to the K-1 so if the instructions call for translations I would have any document not in English translated or check with others that have gone through the specific consulate as to what is accepted for the CR-1.

I guess my biggest question is this, for K1 we had to haul in all kinds of garbage to the interview showing we really liked each other, our proof of ongoing relationship. I have seen nothing yet that says we need this for the CR1. Can anyone tell me if we will need to take this to the CR1 interview?

Some consulates require little evidence, others more. Evidence of a bonafide marriage/relationship is generally required. A marriage certificate on its own does not prove that. The more evidence you have the better.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Andy I am going to answer your questions here and what you had emailed me:

Artegal,

madu11 has sent you this email from http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php.

Hi,

My wife and I are gathering the neccesary documents for Lima for the CR-1

interview.

The information I am reading says everything needs to be translated to English.

We did not do this for the K1 visa and had no problems.

My question is, did you guys get anything translated before your interview in

Lima? Police reports, or birth certificate, etc?

Thanks for your help,

Andy

I had everything that was not in English translated to English. But here is the thing--the consular said that my translations of official peruvian government documents to English was not necessary. But I had them translated anyway because I had to for the TCS/CSC and NVC.

Also in this thread you asked was Part I and Part II of the DS230 needed. The answer is--if your interview is in peru, then you need Part II of DS230 too. But do not have your Peruvian Spouse sign Part II until she is in front of the consular and told to do so.

Also as far as proof of a relationship--you should show 1) A certificed copy of your Marriage License. 2) I would write up a narrative about the K-1 and her being in the States with you. 3) Photos of you two together. That's really all you will need. Lots of photos and the marriage license was all they wanted to see in my case.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

I had everything that was not in English translated to English. But here is the thing--the consular said that my translations of official peruvian government documents to English was not necessary. But I had them translated anyway because I had to for the TCS/CSC and NVC.

Can you explain to me what you mean when you say you had to go for the TSC/CSC and NVC?

Our I-130 also went through TSC/CSC and we needed to have noting translated for that. I could see where a copy of the marriage certificate may need to be if you were married outside the US.

Will the NVC require anything more? The only thing I see that they want is a copy of the biographical data page in the passport.

Let me know if I am not seeing something.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
:luv::lol::dance::dance::thumbs::yes:

**K-1 VISA**

*07.29.05 sent package i-129f to california

*08.02.05 recveived NOA1

*10.17.05 received NOA2

*11.01.05 colombia's embassy received package

*12.05.05 interview date

*12.06.05 recieved VISA

*12.20.05 came to U.S.A!!!!

*12.28.05 applied for a Social Security

*01.05.06 received Social Security card =)

*02.11.06 married....

**AOS**

*03.01.06 sent package for AOS & EAD

*03.03.06 package arrived at unit (Chicago,il 60699)

*03.18.06 NOA1 for AOS & EAD (notice date 03.08.06)

*04.15.06 he had his Biometric taken

*04.17.06 EAD & AOS touched

*05.03.06 AOS touched again & case transfered to CALIFORNIA.

*05.12.06 EAD APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*05.16.06 AOS touched again!!!!!

*05.17.06 EAD approval notice mail it, from USCIS office...and AOS touched again....

*06.12.06 AOS APPROVED

*06.19.06 we received my husband's GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

3eaa23ed7915298eba1681d609e67921.gif

Timeline
I could see where a copy of the marriage certificate may need to be if you were married outside the US.

Right I was married in Peru. Had her birth certificate and our marriage certificate translated to English for submittal to the TSC/CSC and NVC.

And the passports (Peruvian and American) are written in both English and Spanish, so no need for translation there.

Edited by Artegal

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

Right I was married in Peru. Had her birth certificate and our marriage certificate translated to English for submittal to the TSC/CSC and NVC.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I didn't send her birth certificate to the TSC/CSC at all, English or Spanish. Were we really supposed to? I would just hate for it to be a problem later.

Timeline

You know what I don't remember if we had sent her birth certificate in or not. But they definately wanted it at the interview. Which we had it translated just in case, and the consular said that it was unecessary to do so. Anyway, my wife like me didn't want to cut any corners--rather be too prepared then unprepared.

Also a lot of Peruvians are getting tripped up for the INPE police certificate, so make sure you get that one--the packet that the embassy sends out is vague about this type of certificate. There are three of them you need and INPE is just one of them.

Also since your spouse has been traveling back and forth from Peru and USA etc. You might need a migratorial certificate--I know this came up with another couple on VJ where they had extensive travels back and forth from the USA and Peru on tourist visas.

They also asked for her Passport and DNI, which she got her passport and DNI changed before hand to show that we are married, with my last name on her DNI and Passport.

dev216brs__.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.