SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

quana wha gwaan with you lady? I need some hairstyle advice. My own hair is growing really well, and im getting ready to go to Negril for 4th of July weekend, i dont want to do braids cause they thin me out to much, i hate cornrows as yall know, cause i look like a BIG FACE, and i was thinking a weave, but i read 1luv say she wore a weave one time and was so hot she had to take it out.. any suggestions yall?

either im out of practice, with the chatting or im on here by myself, what in the sam hill?

no one is chatting?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

:ot: Quick Question:

When applying for a visitor's visa do the applicants need to do a medical????????

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Just recvd this email from USPS regarding a 10% discount for international shipping option from the U.S. Postal Service with international transportation and delivery by FedEx.

Hopefully this is useful info and cheaper than the normal Fed Ex and DHL.....

USPS Global Express

Global Express Guaranteed

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG) is the premium international shipping option from the U.S. Postal Service with international transportation and delivery by FedEx Express. GXG offers date-certain delivery in 1-3 business days to more than 190 countries worldwide. GXG is available online on USPS.com and at thousands of participating retail locations throughout the United States.

Date-certain delivery - GXG provides money-back guarantee service if your shipment is not delivered by the guaranteed date (some restrictions apply, refer to Terms and Conditions on the mailing label).

Online Discounts - Receive 10 percent off any GXG shipping label printed and paid online.

Track and Confirm - Check on the delivery status of your shipment online or by calling 1-800-222-1811.

No extra charge - Insurance covering up to $100 for loss, damage, rifling or document reconstruction is included at no additional charge. You can purchase additional insurance for covering loss, damage or rifling up to $2499 to most countries.

Customer Service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-222-1811

Prices by Destination

Find prices for a desired country.

Click-N-Ship®

Print and pay for shipping labels with postage online!

Pickup Options

Use Carrier Pickup™ or Pickup On Demand® and we’ll come to you.

GXG Supplies

Order free shipping supplies!

Size, Weight and Content Restrictions

Minimum Size: An envelope/package must be large enough to affix the Global Express Guaranteed Mailing Label to the face of the item (approx. 5.5" in height and 9.5" in length).

Maximum Size: Total length and girth not to exceed 108 inches. Individual dimensions not to exceed:

Length = 46 inches

Width = 35 inches

Height = 46 inches

Maximum Weight: Total weight not to exceed 70 pounds.

Maximum Value: $2499 to most countries.

Allowable Contents: Documents and Non-documents (merchandise) with restrictions as defined by each destination country or territory. Shipping Restrictions vary by country/territory. In a limited number of situations, customs documentation may be required. If documentation is required, complete a Global Express Guaranteed Commercial Invoice (PS 6182).

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

When applying for a visitor's visa do the applicants need to do a medical????????

Nope...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Nope...

:thumbs: thanks...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Hey irie cat, long time no see ( waving) i saw others giving you congrats so i will follow suit.

how is that pretty daughter of yours doing? hope things are going well for you and louis.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawnin Yardies!

Congrats Irie. That's awesome news...

The rain scared the ####### out of me today. I thought a tornado was passing though. Ugh!

Today is my B'Day and I'm at work. lol Wat's wrong with me.

Happy Birthday Sunray!!!! :dance:

Learned something new from the Jamaican Gleaner today:

If a person travels to the United States and attempts to change their status within 30 days of arrival, the presumption on the part of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, (USCIS) is that the visitor (non-immigrant) intended to change their status at the time they entered. That presumption can lead to the denial of any change of status by USCIS, as it is seen as misuse of the visitor's visa.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...news/news1.html

A person that really wants in...will just wait past 30 days. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey i have a suggestion ladies when you are at the sauna get this product by freedmen its called pomergrant sugar scrub and rub it on while in there omg it have your skin feeling soooo damn smooth i used it for two days and im soft as a cotton ball :) the sugar be all melting in ya skin ahhhhh wait how many calories is that? lmao

I've done that, but they place I went to they wrap your entire body (except your face) with these small strips of thin cloth, you end up looking like a mummy then the remove it and wipe you down, I never felt so good, I didn't need to use lotion for 2 weeks.

lol that sound like when i went to the spa in JA i was like i never went to a spa that had me questioning my damn sexuality lmao (jus playing) but that massage was sooo good i was drooling i was so damn embarassed lmao humm i wonder if she still there :whistle:

I have always said I'm going to get a massage on the beach but i sill have yet to get one. Sigh....

Filed: Timeline

when I was in DR, I had a moonlight massage, it was the best

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Honey! I have no hair advice just wanted to say hello. Is it warming up there in Michigan yet?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Hey irie cat, long time no see ( waving) i saw others giving you congrats so i will follow suit.

how is that pretty daughter of yours doing? hope things are going well for you and louis.

Hi! Thanks! I can't wait to get the letter now... wanna see what it says!

Tierra is doing ok, spoiled as usual! She is SO BIG! Going to be in the 2nd grade next year - new school. Our school district here has a school with K and 1st, then Elementary has 2 - 5. So when she was "little" she isnt with the bigger kids...

Louis and I are good - already like an old married couple! LOL...

Hope all is good with you too!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
I am soo blasted tired of my job, its like dragging myself to the electric chair day after day and NO lie i think im developing a ulcer...( falling apart slowly but surely) :)

yall should try the Brown Sugar Body scrub they sell at Sephora, now that is the bomb but its expensive like 38 dollars i wanna say.

I hear you I’m sick of my job too and I need something eels to motivate me. I hear you ladies talking about I’m busy doing this and busy doing that and I’m here like umm well I’m not busy. This is how I get myself in trouble. When I have to much idle time I’m trying to plan a vacation or do something I know I don’t have the money for but at the time it sounded so right.

Honey I seen your post earlier about relocating to Greensboro NC. I’m looking at Raleigh myself and now a co worker wants me to look at Charlotte.

Timeline

dillon, i dont know what the hell kind of weather we have here, one minutes is hot as hell the next day its cool or rainy or humid... i dont know how to dress half the time. i had a migraine so bad yesterday because of the humidity, i wanted to just pull the damn trigger, today the weather is decent...

Ohh how i hate michigan...LOL

Timeline

honey. im sorry.. i gotta 20 screens open over here and just checking on vj when i can..

i don't know girl,personally, i don't mind the weave but the only bad thing is it didn't hold a curl in nassau.. i don't know how newly kept her hair looking so good in JA.. oh yes i do.. i forgot she got that BOMB weave LOL

you could do some sort of up do pinup, w/ a swoop bang.. do u get in the water? or rollerset ur hair depending on how long its grown, it might be cute.. or u know they could sew in some curly weave so u don't have to wear ur own hair.. u could have the cornrows or twists in front and then the curly weave in the back and all around

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.