SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

kk.. i only stayed for a while cuz we were in ft lauderdale, but i loved the THRILLER speedboat ride in downtown miami.. its in the bayside market place whre there are all kinds of boat rides and yachts, bars, music.. i would check it out. Roger LOVED the ride, girl it was soo fun!!!

i would have went again, but it was raining..

i also wanted to do the glades tour but roger said that alligator eat ppl and he didn't want no parts of it LOL

a friend of mine went on a one day cruise to freeport bahamas.. it was a lil over $100..

LOL as u can see i am a BIG kid..

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rent your car in Ft. Launderdale, it will be much cheaper... Do not rent it at the airport.

But I'm flying into Miami Airport...how would I get to ft lauderdale?

I was thinking we don't really need a car...

KK, w/o a car, you will be stuck right there on the strip, there is so much more to do , than what's on the strip. I would look at renting a car from a neighbor in Mami, before I rent at the airport. Cars rented at airport cost most than locan renters...

I saw a rate at National Car Rental...$25 a day/ plus I get an upgrade cause of my status...

What else is there to do than the strip? They have cabs right?

You can tour to see the celeb houses????? Yes, they have cabs, and you can walk.... K, every time that i have stayed in Miami, we have had a car, so I don't know what to tell you regarding public transportation.

Shop... Beach... Clubing.....eating....

kk.. i only stayed for a while cuz we were in ft lauderdale, but i loved the THRILLER speedboat ride in downtown miami.. its in the bayside market place whre there are all kinds of boat rides and yachts, bars, music.. i would check it out. Roger LOVED the ride, girl it was soo fun!!!

i would have went again, but it was raining..

i also wanted to do the glades tour but roger said that alligator eat ppl and he didn't want no parts of it LOL

a friend of mine went on a one day cruise to freeport bahamas.. it was a lil over $100..

LOL as u can see i am a BIG kid..

Thriller speedboat ride..ey? I will let Ryan know.

You know he is real simple and not fussy fussy.

Roxie - The parking is like 30 a night!!! More than the freaking car...mi cyaan bodda wit it.

KK, the caribbean community is not in Miami, they are centered and located in FT. launderdale. So alot of the things that would make him feel like he is back in Jamica, would be closed to Ft. launderdale. Miamai, is really little Cuba...

Timeline
KK, don't eat on the strip, go the next couple of streets over, and the food prices will be a little cheaper.

Yeah the food is cheaper a couple of blocks over but to sit on a patio and dine to me was so nice and relaxing. I felt like a rock star especially with the 30.00 bill for simple food like Sunny said. I say its a must do at least once.

KK, don't eat on the strip, go the next couple of streets over, and the food prices will be a little cheaper.

Yeah the food is cheaper a couple of blocks over but to sit on a patio and dine to me was so nice and relaxing. I felt like a rock star especially with the 30.00 bill for simple food like Sunny said. I say its a must do at least once.

Oh!!! okay

KK, the caribbean community is not in Miami, they are centered and located in FT. launderdale. So alot of the things that would make him feel like he is back in Jamica, would be closed to Ft. launderdale. Miamai, is really little Cuba...

Oh I meant being at the beach...compared to going to the beach in maryland.

lol...u know..I would do something like that...lol. Ryan would be like...it's too expensive..but would give in after I explain my reasoning.

I'm sure we won't eat expensive the whole time. But he is planning to take me out to a nice place...I have to chose it though. ching ching $$$$$

Timeline
Morning ladies,

Just passing thru.....

Question for you all, i am applying for a job that offers relocation expenses but it is in Greensboro North Carolina. I dont know a damn thing about NC other than i want the hell up out of michigan with its crumbling economy. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Nice to see you Honey!

Mawnin Yardies!

Congrats Irie. That's awesome news...

The rain scared the ####### out of me today. I thought a tornado was passing though. Ugh!

Today is my B'Day and I'm at work. lol Wat's wrong with me.

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

they also had this hot air balloon thingy downtown.. kk.. we didn't get to go like i said w/ the weather.. i would have loved to do that.. are ya'll afraid of heights??? i will try and find the info, it was all on tripadvisor, my best friend LOL

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline
Hey Quana,

Miami was fun, but it rained a lot. We are going to Orlando on Thursday becauase I'm working at the shuttle launch on the 13th. We'll be gone 6/11-6/15 because we are going to Seaworld and Universal while we're there. So, part will be work and part fun. lol After that, nowhere until Jamaica in Sept. How are you?

That sounds exciting Mich. When we were at Disney we say the shuttle take off - more like we saw an orange speck in the sky but we were thrilled just the same!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNRAY!!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey i have a suggestion ladies when you are at the sauna get this product by freedmen its called pomergrant sugar scrub and rub it on while in there omg it have your skin feeling soooo damn smooth i used it for two days and im soft as a cotton ball :) the sugar be all melting in ya skin ahhhhh wait how many calories is that? lmao

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.